The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New to forum (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=768624)

Frnknsteen 08-01-2018 11:34 AM

New to forum

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I live in southern Indiana and just picked up a 1971 C10 Deluxe long bed with a 250 inline-6, with coil spring rear. I am normally a Mopar guy (Don't hate me! ;), but have always liked the 67-72 Chevy trucks.

Bought the truck from a friend that was going through some issues and decided to sell. Told him if he regretted it down the road that I would sell it back to him for what I had into it. Doesn't look like is regretting it, so I guess I have a new project.

Truck is in pretty good shape. He said "It was restored about 10 years ago" but as all know, that means different things to different people. In truth,... the truck may have been painted about 10 years ago, but that's about it. I knew that from looking at it before buying, so no issues there.

Since I bought it, I've replaced the temp sensor, water pump, leaky valve covers, rebuilt the carb, replaced the roached dash pad, and am getting ready to clean up some interior items like the worn out window cranks, worn shifter lever and anti-rattle bushing.

I will be working my way through various projects that this needs like redoing the front and rear suspensions and steering for a start. Motor and trans will need going though too at some point.

Looking forward to picking your brains as I learn about 67-72 Chevy trucks!

72 tigger 08-01-2018 11:50 AM

Re: New to forum

Welcome from northern IN- I've been to Spencer. Need pics of your truck. This is a great place to learn

truckster 08-01-2018 01:11 PM

Welcome to the board!

Ol Blue K20 08-01-2018 01:41 PM

Welcome from smokey California. ...

jessemthompson 08-01-2018 01:43 PM

Welcome aboard. Post pictures

Getter-Done 08-01-2018 01:44 PM

Welcome from Tn.

Frnknsteen 08-01-2018 02:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the welcomes! Don't have any pictures with me today, but I will take some tonight and post them.

Being new here,... can I post them directly, or do I have to put them online somewhere else and link to them? I don't see an "upload photos" button.

Do I use the paperclip "attach" tool at the top (next to the smilies icon)? I will try by attaching pics of my Barracuda and Charger

Frnknsteen 08-01-2018 02:02 PM

Ok,... That worked. Learn something new every day!

specialtyretail 08-01-2018 05:22 PM

Welcome from Missouri. Todd Rusk is up in Indiana and is an invaluable source for parts and info, a good guy. Keep us updated. Thanks, Fred.

plowro8 08-01-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialtyretail (Post 8313639)
Welcome from Missouri. Todd Rusk is up in Indiana and is an invaluable source for parts and info, a good guy. Keep us updated. Thanks, Fred.

What does Todd do, sell parts or mechanic? I would love to network with some other Indiana guys.

Lanman1972 08-01-2018 08:41 PM

Welcome, you've come to the right place. Very helpful forum for all your questions.

72 tigger 08-01-2018 09:58 PM

Todd sells parts- he’s in the Terre Haute area- not far from you. Nice Mopars

Getter-Done 08-01-2018 10:18 PM

Nice Pictures .
One of my (dream ) cars
Is a Mopar product:lol:

Frnknsteen 08-02-2018 07:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! Took some pictures of the truck last night. I've got the dash tore apart waiting for my new Retrosound shaft style radio to come so I can put it in.

Here it is.

MYGMCANDME 08-04-2018 01:38 AM

That's a beautiful truck Frnknsteen. Welcome to the forum.

yuccales 08-04-2018 09:33 AM

Great looking truck!

bill3rail 08-04-2018 09:39 AM

Love the 250 I6!
Bill

https://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.ecar.../Ia/JA_800.jpg

flashed 08-04-2018 11:33 AM

Very nice truck , Welcome .

choctawchevyclassics 08-04-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frnknsteen (Post 8313511)
Thanks for the welcomes! Don't have any pictures with me today, but I will take some tonight and post them.

Being new here,... can I post them directly, or do I have to put them online somewhere else and link to them? I don't see an "upload photos" button.

Do I use the paperclip "attach" tool at the top (next to the smilies icon)? I will try by attaching pics of my Barracuda and Charger

My favorite Barracuda body. Welcome aboard...Nice C10 pics...

35boulder 08-04-2018 11:38 AM

Nice truck. Like the color. Enjoy.

Coley 08-04-2018 03:59 PM

Nice truck and welcome to the forum.
That is a great combo to have...and I6 with the Power steering and power brakes options which makes it easy to drive.
Looks like it might be an automatic?...hard to tell.
you don't see may PS/PB/Auto- 6 cylinder trucks tho'.
The good news is that if you ever change over to a V-8 you will already have the 3:73/1 rear end ratio which is a nice gear to have in the back.
Do you have any pics of the interior?....you might have the highlander option?

Either way, very nice truck and welcome to the forum.

All good
Coley

cornerstone 08-05-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frnknsteen (Post 8313419)
Bought the truck from a friend that was going through some issues and decided to sell. Told him if he regretted it down the road that I would sell it back to him for what I had into it.

If it were me I’d want to give him a time frame. Let’s say a year down the road he suddenly “regrets” selling it to you after you’ve really made it the way you want, got all the bugs out and have hundreds (if not more) hours in it. Does he still have the option then? I guess I’m leary of open ended deals. It could create a problem between friends....oh and welcome to the forum bud! This place has the potential to be a serious addiction😂

Frnknsteen 08-06-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coley (Post 8315531)
Nice truck and welcome to the forum.
That is a great combo to have...and I6 with the Power steering and power brakes options which makes it easy to drive.
Looks like it might be an automatic?...hard to tell.
you don't see may PS/PB/Auto- 6 cylinder trucks tho'.
The good news is that if you ever change over to a V-8 you will already have the 3:73/1 rear end ratio which is a nice gear to have in the back.
Do you have any pics of the interior?....you might have the highlander option?

Either way, very nice truck and welcome to the forum.

All good
Coley

Thanks Coley,... It is a 3spd manual on the column. Yeah, I liked that it had the power steering and brakes. Previous owner changed it over to newer HEI distributer and ignition.

I didn't take any pictures of the interior because I have it all pulled apart putting the new dash pad, Retrosound stereo, and window cranks and door handles. I will post some when I can. The interior was in pretty good shape. The only thing I don't like is it appears they replaced the bench seat upholstery because it is a completely different shade of green. There is more blue in it or something,.... it just doesn't look right to me.

Frnknsteen 08-06-2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornerstone (Post 8316325)
If it were me I’d want to give him a time frame. Let’s say a year down the road he suddenly “regrets” selling it to you after you’ve really made it the way you want, got all the bugs out and have hundreds (if not more) hours in it. Does he still have the option then? I guess I’m leary of open ended deals. It could create a problem between friends....oh and welcome to the forum bud! This place has the potential to be a serious addiction😂

Makes sense Cornerstone, and thanks for the welcome. I don't think he is going to be interested in getting it back, but you make a good point. We've talked and he has seen us running around and the fixes we have done.

Talked to him recently and he said it was nice to see that someone was enjoying it, taking care of it, and fixing the things it needed. He and his wife still have his old Montego and just bought a newer Mustang convertible, so I really don't think he is regretting it at all. I was mainly worried that he would have seller's regret right after selling it, but he has moved on without regret.

72 tigger 08-06-2018 10:59 AM

Nice truck- hope you can enjoy it for years. Thanks for the pics