The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   thinking about getting this in the morning (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=722712)

trukman1 04-16-2019 08:52 PM

Re: thinking about getting this in the morning

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 7828631)
does anyone know where to get a new rear window switch? mines roached lol

Ebay! They were on there a couple weeks ago.

I have the visor with bolts and caps and have a couple side windows I may not use. Let me know if you still need them and I'll see if I can part with them.

trukman1

schpeen 04-17-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trukman1 (Post 8508533)
Ebay! They were on there a couple weeks ago.

I have the visor with bolts and caps and have a couple side windows I may not use. Let me know if you still need them and I'll see if I can part with them.

Yes I am still needing the side vent windows that go on the fiberglass cap
trukman1

Posted via Mobile Device

trukman1 04-17-2019 02:46 PM

Let me have a few days to find them. I call my garage "The Great Trash Heap" for a reason! LOL!

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

1976gmc20 04-17-2019 04:29 PM

Very nice restoration!

I read the entire thread start to finish. Interesting because I have a 91 Suburban that desperately needs some TLC.

trukman1 04-21-2019 09:46 PM

Anyone have a suggestion on how to remove frozen screws from aluminum frame? Buggers are frozen TIGHT! You Tube showed using a torch but I don't want to destroy the rubber seal. Also saw using wax but don't understand how it would get under head of screw. Thought about trying to heat just the screw with a soldering gun then quenching with ice. What says the hive?

ETA: This is to remove side cap vent windows.

Ski-me 06-20-2019 12:20 PM

schpeen you still around?

I have a guy with a free top with sliders in them. I might be able to pull them for you.

My wife is heading to Tampa/Clearwater next week too!

schpeen 06-20-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 8545609)
schpeen you still around?

I have a guy with a free top with sliders in them. I might be able to pull them for you.

My wife is heading to Tampa/Clearwater next week too!

man, that would be sweet thank you for looking out for me. ol' buddy! LOL

schpeen 06-20-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 8545613)
man, that would be sweet thank you for looking out for me. ol' buddy! LOL

I have twins girls at university of south florida and one is there now so I am sure she could collect them from your wife. I am happy to pay you what you think is fair for them to cover your trouble.

Ski-me 06-20-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 8545614)
I have twins girls at university of south florida and one is there now so I am sure she could collect them from your wife. I am happy to pay you what you think is fair for them to cover your trouble.

I'll see what I can do. I got my wife first class tickets so she "should" have luggage space. :) I still need to get the top and make sure the vents are good for you.... I'll keep you posted.

schpeen 06-20-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 8545617)
I'll see what I can do. I got my wife first class tickets so she "should" have luggage space. :) I still need to get the top and make sure the vents are good for you.... I'll keep you posted.

life is full of little pleasures! with everything I got going on in my life, this excites me! lol. thanks bro. I'd do the same for you.

Ski-me 06-20-2019 12:35 PM

Yea same here. I pressure washed my deck for an hour....with a broken pipe inside our house wall. Flooded the whole thing! Replacing all hardwood floors, bedroom soaked, basement sheetrock trashed.....been a real fun time! On home stretch and staining floor tomorrow. All furniture in PODS, so fun!

Ski-me 06-26-2019 08:07 AM

PM at you Schpeen.

schpeen 06-26-2019 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks SKI. you de man. I was outside taking pics, I sprayed all the screws with liquid wrench but I have a feeling I will need to drill them out, I assume they are help in place with a set screws?

Ski-me 06-26-2019 11:00 AM

Yea. Open up the slider and that bracket is held down by two phillips head screws. You'll need to remove the rubber filler gasket that just pulls out. No need to deal with that single flat head screw. Hopefully the ones I send you have better set screws.

Two on bottom, two on top. Get those squirted with penetrating oil. One on each bottom bracket were frozen when I took them off.

Ski-me 06-28-2019 10:23 AM

Vents in the mail.....FedEx. :)

schpeen 07-02-2019 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wasted no time installing these! thank you SKI:metal:

68Timber 07-11-2019 02:31 PM

Silverado badges. Nice touch. Anyone know the years those were used? I think 88-91, but it might have been only 90 and 91? Seems like you only saw those on the trucks with the updated grill.

schpeen 07-11-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8556808)
Silverado badges. Nice touch. Anyone know the years those were used? I think 88-91, but it might have been only 90 and 91? Seems like you only saw those on the trucks with the updated grill.

Yes, thanks. those were there originally, I just replaced them with new ones after we painted it. My truck is a 91'. Says Silverado on the dash emblem too.

I used older style K5 fender emblems, mirrors and trim moldings because I dont care for the new plastic ones. I never tried to keep things stock for the year of the truck, I just set it up based on what I like.

trukman1 07-11-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

My '88 doesn't have them and it's a totally stock Silverado. Just for information purposes.

schpeen 07-11-2019 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trukman1 (Post 8556897)
My '88 doesn't have them and it's a totally stock Silverado. Just for information purposes.

Bought a new Silverado couple days ago!!
Posted via Mobile Device

68Timber 07-12-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 8556815)
Yes, thanks. those were there originally, I just replaced them with new ones after we painted it. My truck is a 91'. Says Silverado on the dash emblem too.

I used older style K5 fender emblems, mirrors and trim moldings because I dont care for the new plastic ones. I never tried to keep things stock for the year of the truck, I just set it up based on what I like.

10-4, I remember seeing the top painted with the glass out. I didn't know it had them before.

schpeen 07-12-2019 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8557150)
10-4, I remember seeing the top painted with the glass out. I didn't know it had them before.

My first post in this thread has a couple pictures of the truck the day I bought it. You can barely see it if you zoom in
Posted via Mobile Device

trukman1 07-12-2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 8556815)

You just changed my entire build philosophy! :metal:

schpeen 07-12-2019 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trukman1 (Post 8557161)
You just changed my entire build philosophy! :metal:

At the end of the day the only person I care about impressing is me LOL

I can’t tell you how many people have told me to put big chrome wheels on the truck but I prefer the 15” Steely’s over a shiny set of 22’s any day Lol. To each his own I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ski-me 07-15-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

My 89' has them so I'd say 89-91.