The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=505869)

70cst 01-28-2012 03:09 AM

How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

LIZ gave me tis idea on fb so I thought we would give it a try here. How does you board name connect you to your truck? But maybe it doesn't?

My board name is 70cst,
My truck is a 1970cst Enough said. :metal:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...stNathanse.jpg

SBC 01-28-2012 03:19 AM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

SBC are my initials......i just happen to have a small block chevy in my truck!
Posted via Mobile Device

Tomahawk30 01-28-2012 03:19 AM

Re: How does your board name connect you to your truck...then again maybe it doesn't?

Ya, mine doesn't have anything at all to do with any of my rigs... It's the same screen name I use for pretty much everything! (Lifelong Braves fan!)

70c10-08 01-28-2012 03:21 AM

mine means the truck/year and model and when I got mine :chevy:

TrkEnvy 01-28-2012 03:43 AM

Bought a 2006 dodge ram 2500 diesel in 2005 and lifted it 8 inches and put 37s on it.. Couldnt resist putting Truck Envy on my license plate. Sold the truck when the bottom fell out of the construction boom out here and the name stuck w me..

Dingfodgy 01-28-2012 04:13 AM

Mine has nothing to do with my truck or any automobile at all. It's a made up word from back when I was a youngster, when my cousin and I would have epic "dirt-clod" wars in the back field. I was "King of the Dingfodgy's" and he was "Lord of the Gark-Shakey's"!
Rather lame, I'll admit, but holding on to memories of better times helps make lifes struggles more manageable.

crazy longhorn 01-28-2012 04:32 AM

I think mine is self explainatary....I have been told that I live up to the name:lol: crazyL

sameyrasmea72 01-28-2012 05:59 AM

Mine means same year as me a 72 meaning my trucks were born in 1972 just like me.

earlthegoat2 01-28-2012 06:17 AM

Not trucks.......cars.

HavinSomeFun 01-28-2012 07:19 AM

I think it says it all... Havin Some Fun with my 67!

50bomb 01-28-2012 07:34 AM

I dont own a 50's car anymore. SO my name makes no sense anymore haha. I just have my 67 chevy truck project. But I had a 50 chevy coupe/50buickroadmaster So i went with 50bomb.

Daddy'O 01-28-2012 08:32 AM

No association to cars or trucks. It was a nickname given to me by a younger co-worker many years ago. I guess I've been tagged for life by it. Heck, even my wife and boys call me DaddyO. :lol:

Greenmachine72 01-28-2012 08:46 AM

For me its the original color of my 72 C/10 Custom Deluxe. The truck will be restored to its original color combination. (right now its primer gray and white)

aventur1 01-28-2012 08:49 AM

Mine does not,
just a name for being out and doing things all the time. Seeking Adventure.
Was shorten to fit on license plate.

OhioDan 01-28-2012 09:17 AM

Mine has nothing to do with cars or trucks. I'm from Ohio, and my name's Dan.

yfs200p 01-28-2012 09:25 AM

I joined this board when I was much younger, and yfs200p was the model number of the ATV I had at the time (yamaha blaster). I think the name is dumb now, and looking back I wish I had picked something related to 67-72's. Oh well
Posted via Mobile Device

blkcorvair 01-28-2012 09:38 AM

Mine derived from my 63 Black Corvair I had when the internet started getting big. Kinda just stuck. I tried Blkcorvette when I bought my vette last year. Somehow it didnt just fit.

Stocker 01-28-2012 09:51 AM

My vehicles have always been, for the most part, stock... *yawn*

sboris 01-28-2012 09:58 AM

Mine is my user name for everything online. A coworker years ago couldn't
Pronounce my last name"Burris", he would say "Boris":lol: it stuck. Had to add the S as all the user names boris had been taken..
Posted via Mobile Device

RustyBucket 01-28-2012 09:58 AM

When I'd go to car stuff -- shows, cruises, drag racing, my wife would "smart off" and say I was going to The Rust Bucket Revival. She accuses me of worshiping old rusty cars so Rusty Bucket seemed appropriate.............

JQ-72 01-28-2012 10:06 AM

My initials = JQ
Year I was born = 72

PanelDeland 01-28-2012 10:09 AM

Panel-my project(I've had 4)
Deland-Given name

Ironhorse 01-28-2012 10:17 AM

Ironhorse comes from the time I used to have a '69 Mustang Mach 1 (wish I still had it even if it was a F**d) and back in the CB days. I ran as "Ironhorse Moble" and when I tried other user id's to join the board my choices all came back as in use. Tried Ironhorse and it worked. Guess it is still appropriate since so many working folks use a truck now days instead of a horse, but, being as I am retired now I guess that doesn't work anymore and neither do I, :lol:

Sport/Truck 01-28-2012 10:19 AM

I got my screen name off my SPID - z84 Custom Sport Truck. :metal:

special-K 01-28-2012 10:22 AM

Mine's the name my parents gave me. You mean everyone else made there's up?

Well,first of all,I think mines a dumb user name,but I just don't care. I started off with Super-K because I had a '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper and always thought if I got a vanity plate that's what it would say. So,I guess mine's 67-72 related. I didn't post much back then. I got a new computer,high speed cable connection,and a new e-mail address in '04. I couldn't log on under Super-K,so I opened an account using Special-K because it was similar "AND" at that time I had four K-model trucks that were all nicely optioned and very "special". I'd rather change back to Super-K but feel I'm stuck with this one and,again,don't really care that much. I'm still Super-K on CK5.