The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anybody want a free manual transmission? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=801974)

LuckyScott 02-29-2020 11:02 AM

Anybody want a free manual transmission?

Hope this is okay with the moderators.
I'm cleaning out my spare parts, and have a complete four speed manual transmission that came out of my 1970 chevy truck. I swapped in a 700R and have the clutch, bell housing, transmission, everything I took out.
Worked great when I removed it, I just wanted the overdrive auto.
I am located in Anaheim California in Orange County.
No shipping. Face to Face only.
Send me a IM and its yours. Free.

LockDoc 02-29-2020 11:15 AM

Re: Anybody want a free manual transmission?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyScott (Post 8686757)
Hope this is okay with the moderators.
I'm cleaning out my spare parts, and have a complete four speed manual transmission that came out of my 1970 chevy truck. I swapped in a 700R and have the clutch, bell housing, transmission, everything I took out.
Worked great when I removed it, I just wanted the overdrive auto.
I am located in Anaheim California in Orange County.
No shipping. Face to Face only.
Send me a IM and its yours. Free.

No problem with FREE. Nice gesture.

LockDoc

REDROCKER652002 02-29-2020 02:15 PM

That would be fun in my son's 69, but not sure he wants to deal with a clutch. Kids these days. LOL. I will ask him and see what he says. If anybody else chimes in, give it to them, I am not sure at all. RR

LuckyScott 03-01-2020 06:51 PM

Still available

special-K 03-02-2020 10:21 AM

Somebody grab it. I have two low mile 4spd truck transmissions I took on an offer like this. Even if not using in a truck they are a reversible gear box, strong one, with infinite uses if you put your mind to it.

BAD1916 03-02-2020 02:17 PM

If it is still available I will take it. I’ll send you a PM. Thanks
Bryce

C0UCH 03-02-2020 03:11 PM

I’m in Anaheim and am interested if it is still available! DM inbound.

LuckyScott 03-02-2020 03:19 PM

It is still available. Some people want me to ship it, but Im not interested. I got a IM from Couch but nobody else local has contacted me.

maverickmk 03-02-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyScott (Post 8688034)
It is still available. Some people want me to ship it, but Im not interested. I got a IM from Couch but nobody else local has contacted me.

I would love to have it, but the shipping would be a hassle. Generous offer.

LuckyScott 03-03-2020 11:53 AM

Hey Couch, your DM does not work. Not sure why, but it won't let you receive any messages. Tried to reply to your message but it bounced back

Killer Bee 03-03-2020 12:33 PM

very nice gesture, I'll come pick it up if no one else does..

I'll use it sooner or later, or for parts if nothing else for one of my clunkers :)

I'll shoot you a text..

C0UCH 03-03-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyScott (Post 8688464)
Hey Couch, your DM does not work. Not sure why, but it won't let you receive any messages. Tried to reply to your message but it bounced back

My subscription expired. Just updated and all is working now. I’ll be there today to pick it up. Thanks!

LuckyScott 03-03-2020 08:23 PM

Transmission has gone to a good home. No longer available.

Steeveedee 03-06-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyScott (Post 8688714)
Transmission has gone to a good home. No longer available.

This was a cool thing to do! I've had to throw things out because nobody wanted them. It's a crying shame, because eventually these parts will be impossible to get.

toolboxchev 03-07-2020 03:30 AM

I agree, mighty nice of you to give that thing another shot at life before the Chinese send it back with a Corona Virus attached.

Nice.

special-K 03-07-2020 08:25 AM

This worked out well. It bugs me to see people scrap what they can't sell fast enough. I get that they don't want unused things laying around, but why not try to give away first? It's not like losing the scrap value is any amount worth considering.

Steeveedee 03-07-2020 11:03 AM

I haven't scrapped any truck parts, yet. I have a set of the camper mirror brackets (white, no mirror heads) that I tried to give away, but I got no takers.

factorystock 03-07-2020 11:31 AM

Lighter parts are much easier to sell and ship, eventually there will be someone looking for the correct GM mirror brackets that line up with holes that already may be in someones doors under bondo. And eventually someone will get tired of everything automatic, and want the old mechanical feeling again and pay for it. IMO, the quiet 465 is a much better trans than the previous noisy 420 and would be a simple upgrade for pre '68 trucks ( enlarge the hole in bellhousing in older trucks or swap out old bellhousing for a '68 and newer one ).

FleetsidePaul 03-07-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8690460)
I haven't scrapped any truck parts, yet. I have a set of the camper mirror brackets (white, no mirror heads) that I tried to give away, but I got no takers.

I don't like to scrap anything. I have a friend that owns a thrift store and I give him stuff. That way it finds a new home and maybe he can make a couple of bucks. It beats just throwing it out. I gave him a table because my ex wife had bought it and I couldn't stand looking at it anymore. If I needed a reminder of her I could just look at my bank account.

I had a beach cruiser that my wife never rode. I put it on CL for free and got nothing. But somehow I had put my address in the ad and one day a young couple showed up out of the blue and asked if I still had the bike.

Turns out they were just up at the lake and thought they'd give it a shot. The guy was telling me that he was going to fix it up for his daughter. They were thrilled to get it. It made me feel good. They were nice and I was glad to see it go.

special-K 03-07-2020 04:02 PM

I've had people offer me things for free that I didn't really want. I 'll accept and put on Craigslist for way less than it's worth and poof it's gone. All pluses for me since I paid nothing, the buyer gets a great deal, and nothing wasted

WorkinLonghorn 03-07-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Hey Steeveedee, Do you have a picture of those brackets? I just broke an original bracket on my Longhorn. Was solid, not tubular like you would assume. I'm just down the freeway from you. Thanks -BA

'68OrangeSunshine 03-07-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Do you still have them?

Steeveedee 03-07-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 8690660)
Do you still have them?

Yup. Please PM me if you want them, I don't want to derail this thread any worse.

'68OrangeSunshine 03-08-2020 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeveedee (Post 8690693)
yup. Please pm me if you want them, i don't want to derail this thread any worse.

10-4.