The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   chevy duty is GREAT ! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=29254)

hughnews1 11-05-2002 07:54 PM

chevy duty is GREAT !

hello if you need parts right now use CHEVY DUTY .. the have $300 Free shipping ... they are great ! i just return a part that I did not use this summmer ... no prob at all just send it back and store cerfificates in my mail soon !
so leave that Chevy Duty cat on your desk open for Santa to find parts for xmas soon......

guitarman 11-05-2002 08:15 PM

I have good dealings with them too. Very helpful on the phone and no return hassels.

Mudder 11-05-2002 08:30 PM

Placed an oder

This morning! and she said it would be here tomorrow. I am here in Missouri. :D :flag:

nroden 11-05-2002 09:52 PM

I have ordered some things from them when I couldn't get to the city and have mostly went and picked them up. I can't say that I bought all that much from them though compared to GMCPaul and Ron Manes.

DanoDMano 11-05-2002 09:57 PM

Chevy Duty, and Brothers are awesome for parts..
I have bought alot from both, and if you are looking for it, they got it.:bowtie:

Ratpowerd67 11-05-2002 10:30 PM

i have nearly restored my enire truck with chevy duty. cant beat the quality....

Earl Junior 11-06-2002 12:37 PM

I've had mixed results.

When I called on the phone to ask about their parts they were very helpful and had the information right infront of them. They knew who put together their wiring kit (the catalog doesn't say) and even who rebuilds the rebuilt parts they sell.

Almost all of my parts were backordered, and they told me so right away, but they didn't really know when the parts would be ready to go.

But their prices were a whole heck of a lot lower than most everywhere else I looked, so I'll continue to wait.

For what its worth, I didn't really expect them to have the parts in stock. How often does someone need a complete wiring kit, power stearing gear and pitman arm for a '68 Chevy?

1971Stepside 11-06-2002 12:47 PM

I really like Chevy Duty as well. I have had some major problems getting items from them because of back order issues. It seems like everything I tried to buy for my suspension they did not have in stock! Took 3 months to get a pitman arm! I got my tie rod ends home and they were different brands and therefore did not match (important to me for show qualtiy). The lower control A-arm shafts were in identical boxes, same part number, yet they were different when held up next to each other! They exchanged it all out no problem, but it was a day off and work and a 3 hour drive to KC.

I wish they would start carrying more custom items. They carry mostly return to stock condition parts. They are carrying c-notch kits, but not dropped springs.

Anyway, the have good prices and their store is just incredible. I will take pictures of it the next time I am there and post.

I will be spending a lot more money with them in the future as this project keeps sucking the money off the money tree.

Jmac05 11-06-2002 03:52 PM

A member who will remain nameless sent me this PM about them:

Quote:

Glad to. It's Chevyduty.

I bought alot from them through the years but lately, I think they have a bunch of monkeys working there!

I sent in a money order on August 18th and im still running around with no bumper over a month later! It took all that time to send me a reject bumper. Oh yeh, 3 of the 4 bumper bolts and the bracket set are still on back order. (of which they are famous for)

So basically, I have 1 bumper bolt so far!

I can't say it will happen to you but once this is settled (probably another month minimum), im throwing my catalog in the trash!
I haven't ordered from them yet.

78SilveradoSWB 11-08-2002 06:34 PM

Just got their new catalog in the mail. Looks great. Ordered from them before and I was impressed. Will be ordering parts next week from them. Prices look good and better than LMC.

PICKMUP 11-10-2002 05:03 PM

SHOP AROUND!!!

If you think Brothers & Chevy Duty prices are good...you are really going to be pleased when you compare them with the dealers on this board...and our dealers are always on here with free tech advise, new product announcements and discounts. SHOP AROUND!
If you are close to a dealer, in your area, go look at the parts before you buy. If they are going to "back order" your parts, that means they probably don't stock them. It's cheaper for them, but doesn't do anything for you. Find someone that has them or can guarantee timely delivery.
None of us are going to stock all of the odd wire harnesses, etc, but the common stuff should be in stock. I have guys coming for patch panels today---Sunday. Try and get Chevy Duty to do that for you!