The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Truckseats (Tim) and Truck World (Larry Nease) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=740358)

DeadheadNM 11-03-2017 10:50 AM

Re: Truckseats (Tim) and Truck World (Larry Nease)

1 Attachment(s)
Subsequently redone:

Stickman 11-03-2017 11:23 AM

Thank you for the reply Deadhead, I’m in need of a bench seat cover and will give them a try.

Thanks again
Kirk

Joesjunk 11-03-2017 01:29 PM

CARSinc has every color but orange, and they have good prices

Stickman 11-03-2017 02:32 PM

Thank you JoesJunk

Stickman 11-04-2017 10:46 AM

FYI
Talked to Carsinc yesterday and they have none in stock or the material to make them.

DeadheadNM 11-04-2017 10:52 AM

PUI sells the fabric that other upholstery shops can use to make seats. Note that highlander bench seats had scroll work embossed in the vinyl.

Joesjunk 11-04-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8075028)
PUI sells the fabric that other upholstery shops can use to make seats. Note that highlander bench seats had scroll work embossed in the vinyl.

Does PUI sell the orange plaid?

Stickman 11-04-2017 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I forgot about this sample that I received about six months ago and I assume they are still in business and I believe they said they had the orange in stock. Company name is SMS

DeadheadNM 11-04-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8075028)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joesjunk (Post 8075046)
Does PUI sell the orange plaid?

My mistake - I meant SMS not PUI. SMS supplies the fabric. Joe since I've seen redone orange plaid I assume SMS makes it (again not PUI, sorry).

mrtoni 11-04-2017 01:32 PM

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pt...338915032.html

Joesjunk 11-04-2017 02:40 PM

I have bought from SMS before. I think I'll check with them

Stickman 11-04-2017 05:15 PM

Anyone ever bought a seat cover from SW Classics ?

D.PASSMORE 11-16-2017 11:08 PM

In my 72 Blazer, I covered my front bucket seats with Truck world seat covers (hounds tooth) and my rear seat with a PUI cover (hounds tooth). The Truck world seats covers have held up well (7 yrs) with normal wear as a daily driver. The PUI cover, started fading/cracking within a few years. Big difference in quality IMO.

Hate to see you guys having to go thru this.

Truckseats 11-17-2017 02:17 PM

I do apologize for all of the delays on Truck World seat covers. They are very behind on orders and I am not taking any new orders due to that fact. I am working very close with them to finish existing orders for or customers. They do have a superior product in my opinion but not being able to keep a promised timeline takes away from that to a point. I know they have delays from their product suppliers as well but communication is key.

Truckseats 11-17-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joesjunk (Post 8072800)
X2, I paid for my seat cover on 3/10/17 and still nothing. Very poor communication from Tim and Larry. Larry called me 7 weeks ago (only because Tim was tired of hearing from me) and said it would be out in a week, still nothing. Come on guys, you're not making a very good name for yourselves

Making sure you have my cell number and telling you to call or text me anytime in no way says I am tired of hearing from you. I am told your seat cover will be finished this weekend. Thank you very much for your patience. Tim

Joesjunk 11-26-2017 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got my seat cover.

DeadheadNM 11-29-2017 01:13 AM

Looks good Joe. Thanks for sharing.

MikeCofield 01-15-2018 12:40 PM

Anyone heard from Larry nease ? No response on his phone .

enduroride 01-24-2018 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in need of a green cover ..............so who should I call / contact ???
And what color carpet do ya'll think I should run ?? Black ? Or a greenish color ?
Thanks in advance

Stickman 01-24-2018 03:15 PM

Couple of weeks ago I called Southwest Classics outside of Dallas. Spoke with a lady who was knowledgeable about the Highlander trucks and there characteristic plaid seat covers. She quoted me 699.00 w/o the scrolling and 799.00 with scrolling. I was told two to three weeks for delivery. Have not ordered one yet but plan to do so in the future. I will let you know the out come when I do.

Blazerowner 06-06-2018 11:39 PM

I would like to hear about the Southwest classics option. I’m canceling my order. I’ve been waiting for nearly 10 months and nothing but excuses. I don’t have patience for this kind of business practice. I was told 6 months which I was fine with but I assumed that was the max wait time. 10 months is a joke when I paid up front.

Blazerowner 06-07-2018 11:39 AM

I went to cancel and they swear they will ship next week. I’m going to wait since it’s been this long. My patience is paper thin at this point.

Joesjunk 06-07-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazerowner (Post 8276707)
I went to cancel and they swear they will ship next week. I’m going to wait since it’s been this long. My patience is paper thin at this point.

Best of luck, I played the same game. I finally got my cover, and it is very nice, but damn what a run around I got

dauderm1 06-14-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazerowner (Post 8276424)
I would like to hear about the Southwest classics option. I’m canceling my order. I’ve been waiting for nearly 10 months and nothing but excuses. I don’t have patience for this kind of business practice. I was told 6 months which I was fine with but I assumed that was the max wait time. 10 months is a joke when I paid up front.

Southwest Classics sells Larry Nease covers. I did order a set of black houndstooth covers and got them within a month, I called Larry multiple times to check on the progress.

LEEVON 06-14-2018 11:14 PM

I have seen and talked to Larry a couple of times in the last year, he's still around. PM me if you need a phone number, I have one to his shop.