The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   a few pics (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=366901)

bmfpeterson 10-12-2009 02:45 PM

a few pics

3 Attachment(s)
here are a few pics i wanted to put up...... getting closer!

bmfpeterson 10-12-2009 02:48 PM

Re: a few pics

1 Attachment(s)
and one of the cab......

Zoomin 10-12-2009 02:56 PM

Sweet!

Your suspension bits are very nice - how much drop are you going for, and who didyou get them from?

All you lack is finishing up.

72BlckButy 10-12-2009 03:00 PM

Nice work on the frame/cab, keep us posted!

Neal Molder 10-12-2009 03:13 PM

Nice Job!

What are you going to coat the spindles and ball joints with? I am doing a c-20 chassis but i am waiting the powdercoated frame. So don't get discouraged you way ahead of me!

68GenIII 10-12-2009 04:29 PM

Looking good. You are way ahead of me as well. Keep up the good work!

rambler 10-12-2009 05:10 PM

looks great!

bmfpeterson 10-13-2009 12:19 PM

Thanks guys!

The suspension components are mostly stock. the bump stops are shaved off the lower arms and then just painted and new ball joints/cross shafts. The spindles are cpp either 3" or 2.5" drop on the spindles. not sure how much drop exactly but there are threads on here that spell out that setup. pretty cheap and effective!

then all I did was a air bag plate on the top and cups in the coil pockets. Also I got my C-Notch bolted in this weekend too.

On the cab I got the inner outer rocker panels done cab corners in. welded up gas cap hole, shaved firewall and some of the floor. also media blasted the cab. so it's ready to go to paint, but my pocket isn't yet. haha

all I need is to get a bunch of money to Finish it up! LOL

68GenIII 10-13-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmfpeterson (Post 3566451)
Thanks guys!

The suspension components are mostly stock. the bump stops are shaved off the lower arms and then just painted and new ball joints/cross shafts. The spindles are cpp either 3" or 2.5" drop on the spindles. not sure how much drop exactly but there are threads on here that spell out that setup. pretty cheap and effective!

then all I did was a air bag plate on the top and cups in the coil pockets. Also I got my C-Notch bolted in this weekend too.

On the cab I got the inner outer rocker panels done cab corners in. welded up gas cap hole, shaved firewall and some of the floor. also media blasted the cab. so it's ready to go to paint, but my pocket isn't yet. haha

all I need is to get a bunch of money to Finish it up! LOL

Well get that camera out we wanna see it!!:metal::metal:

rodstored-72 10-13-2009 03:27 PM

bmfpeterson,
great pics. haven't seen you on here before. good to have another fellow arizonian (especially east valley area) check out the regions section (arizona section) there are a group guys that are wanting to plan get together.....

as always moooooore pics!!

rodstored-72

BluTrukker 10-13-2009 04:21 PM

thats wierd, all my truck needs to be finished is money too. This is so odd bumping into someone with the same unique problem:lol: Trucks lookin good, keep it up, the dollars will roll in eventually. At least thats what I keep telling my wife.

bmfpeterson 10-13-2009 05:27 PM

Thanks again guys. its always nice to see some progress on your own truck. (with other people telling you it looks nice helps too)

Ok you asked for it more pics will be up tomorrow!

I will def check out the regions section! nice where are you at in chandler? I live on McQueen and Warner. I have lived in the chandler/queen creek/gilbert area my hole life.

That is weird that we both have the same money problem building a truck, I wonder if anyone else has ever had that delima? ha ha

bmfpeterson 10-16-2009 02:39 PM

I cant figure out how to put up anymore pictures? the option to manage attachments is gone???

any help

72BlckButy 10-16-2009 02:44 PM

bmfpeterson, the picture attachment feature has been taken away momentarily as we swap to a new server. It will be down for a few days/week.

bmfpeterson 10-16-2009 06:02 PM

OK thanks for the info........as soon as were back on i will post some more then

bmfpeterson 10-26-2009 12:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres a few more

bmfpeterson 10-26-2009 12:29 PM

and a few more......

bmfpeterson 10-26-2009 12:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
wuups here they are

bmfpeterson 10-26-2009 12:44 PM

well it officially is going to the paint shop on Wednesday! he said he cant start on it for 2 weeks, but the more time i have to save a little more money the better!

I need some help on my tires. I wan to know what everyone thinks for the rear tire size...

I am cutting the wheel wells out in the bed just enough to pass the frame rails. I want to run the mickey thompson 31X18X20 but I just don't know if that is going to clear. so i am just going to cut the bed before it goes to paint and see what i can do when i get it back. has anyone tried the same route? i know that tire size is all over this site and it all comes down to just trial and error...just wondering if anyone is in the same boat??????

Hart_Rod 10-26-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmfpeterson (Post 3587412)
well it officially is going to the paint shop on Wednesday! he said he cant start on it for 2 weeks, but the more time i have to save a little more money the better!

I need some help on my tires. I wan to know what everyone thinks for the rear tire size...

I am cutting the wheel wells out in the bed just enough to pass the frame rails. I want to run the mickey thompson 31X18X20 but I just don't know if that is going to clear. so i am just going to cut the bed before it goes to paint and see what i can do when i get it back. has anyone tried the same route? i know that tire size is all over this site and it all comes down to just trial and error...just wondering if anyone is in the same boat??????

Congrats on paint. Should be able to get a 18" tire in there if you take the cut the bed to the frame. You'll have to measure your backspacing carefully. I've got a 29 X 15.5 X 15 on my 68 SWB. It's on a 12" rim with a 6" backspacing. You'll have use 15" wide wheels for your 18" tires. Take a deep breath before you price a 20 X 15" wheel. I haven't seen anything less than a $1000 per wheel......:waah:. Here's a link to my 68 with some pictures of the wheels and tires:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

SCOTTMO 10-26-2009 02:40 PM

Looking good,also glad to see another ev member on here

rodstored-72 10-26-2009 03:17 PM

bmf,
so who are you getting to paint the truck? i grew up in chandler area as well. i was out at the thorobred (car dealer)show this past saturday.... do you ever go to the pavillions??

bmfpeterson 10-26-2009 03:57 PM

hart rod--- your not kiddn about those wheels! that has been a big factor from the beginning but I want to build the truck that way so i might have to go sell some crack or somthin. hahaha

I think they should look pretty *****en

I am getting my paint done by a shop called elite automotive finishes. a guy by the name of chris. I have seen a few things he has done and it looks great! chandler speed shop recommended me to him. scott at chandler speed shop is a pretty knowledgeable guy. he has a later 70's c-10 with a worked 454 in it!!!!!

Didnt know they had a show at thoroughbred.. I live right next to them!!!

67cheby 11-17-2009 01:42 PM

good to see some pics , what color are you going

bmfpeterson 11-17-2009 02:31 PM

gloss Black (heavy on the gloss!)

the painter started at $8,000 and then we went to $7,300..... I told him to go back and do some more figuren and call me cause he does good work and I really wanted him to paint it... so he came back at $6,000 said and done and there it sits. he told me he would start on it in a couple weeks. which I'm a-ok with because I definitely don't have the $6000 right now! haha

whats up with your truck mike?