The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Camping/adventure van (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=739779)

NONHOG 05-19-2018 02:55 PM

Re: Camping/adventure van

2 Attachment(s)
Since my last post health took a turn for the worst. Turns out I have Psoriatic Arthritis and its a butt kicker. Been out of work for over 3 months.
Getting better slowly but what a pain. All my projects are getting done at slower than my normal snails pace. I only have energy for a bit here and there.

Did manage to get out on some logging roads and Jeep trails. We skipped testing the new locker as I cant really shovel, bend, or even walk well in snow. So we stayed at lower elevations or where the loggers cleared the road.

Had fun just being outdoors(even in a van) my boy ended up driving 3/4 of the time.

As for the van I found out my rear bump stops were missing, chunked a tire on the inner fender. So I will fix that.

Nut Case 05-22-2018 03:32 AM

nonhog

I've been living with RA for the last 11 year. I hear ya loud and clear.
I too try to stay as active as possible.

Keep on keepin on

Nut Cast

NONHOG 11-21-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nut Case (Post 8265871)
nonhog

I've been living with RA for the last 11 year. I hear ya loud and clear.
I too try to stay as active as possible.

Keep on keepin on

Nut Cast

Thanks Nut! Down to one med now (Humira) Doc says we will reevaluate in a year if I might be able to go off it. (Hope so)
Activity seems to have a key to feeling well. I am still working on the all too important balance. I'll get it. The van may go on the auction block soon?
Dr. bills are piling up. Always get more toys right? Speaking of which......

NONHOG 11-21-2018 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Which....
A buddy of mine gave me a 94 conversion van. Has quirks! Like dying several times on the way home. Door locks, locking/unlocking while driving. Transmission didn't always seem to react to gear change. Probably more project than its worth but I will check a few things then decide.
Wish we had a van sub forum.

Clyde65 11-21-2018 09:54 PM

I would look hard at the fuse block for instance, sounds like a flood vehicle.

NONHOG 09-06-2019 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sold the black van. Just lost the engine in the adventure van.
Don't have money or energy to fix it. Ah well...
Had fun the week before it went.

NONHOG 01-17-2020 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
End of another thread.

67C10Step 01-20-2020 10:25 PM

Dang! Another one bites the dust!

My father in law had a safari just like that only white with gray interior. I got the third row seat from him and converted it into sma sort of couch for my sons dorm room. Reclining sears, arm rests, and cup holder console. Ultimate two person video game seat.

mongocanfly 01-20-2020 10:45 PM

What happened?

NONHOG 01-20-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8663213)
Dang! Another one bites the dust!

My father in law had a safari just like that only white with gray interior. I got the third row seat from him and converted it into sma sort of couch for my sons dorm room. Reclining sears, arm rests, and cup holder console. Ultimate two person video game seat.

I did like it but didn't want to do it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8663225)
What happened?

I just lack the energy to rebuild or replace the dead (dying a horrible main bearing death) 4.3. In my better days I'd swap a 350! But its time for something easier to work on. Also shopping newer DD truck GMC or Chevy 6.2 LS really has my attention!
As does a 67 or 8 F100 crown vic swap!