The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   New project : 72 Suburban (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=771928)

KFF 1 12-30-2023 09:44 PM

Re: New project : 72 Suburban

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9271680)
-
He's had his share of bad luck lately that's for sure. I guess that is the good part.

LockDoc

Yes sir I sure have. Crank sensor, wrong torque converter, intake had to go back to be ported correctly, steering box went bad so replaced it and that one went bad in less than a month. Seems like its been never ending but if hot rodding was easy everybody would do it lol. I will have her back together mid week next week. Then its fingers crossed LOL

3drburb 12-30-2023 11:06 PM

Good to see you and the family is all safe and well and the burb is also for the most part. Soon you will be enjoying this beauty again and will forget about this. Best wishes with the parts and install.

KFF 1 01-06-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3drburb (Post 9271712)
Good to see you and the family is all safe and well and the burb is also for the most part. Soon you will be enjoying this beauty again and will forget about this. Best wishes with the parts and install.

Thank you 3drburb. Well, the bad luck continues. Installed the replacement steering gear box for the one that failed and while bleeding the system it was leaking from the port for the return line. I figured since the steel return line was original I would make a new one. Same result, so I called Napa and talked to them and the box is going back again. To make matters worse today, I figured I would take a break from the Burb and change the oil in the F-150. low and behold the plastic canister that houses the oil filter element broke. So after numerous phone calls I finally tracked one down at a dealer and at least I got that problem solved.

LockDoc 01-06-2024 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFF 1 (Post 9273678)
Thank you 3drburb. Well, the bad luck continues. Installed the replacement steering gear box for the one that failed and while bleeding the system it was leaking from the port for the return line. I figured since the steel return line was original I would make a new one. Same result, so I called Napa and talked to them and the box is going back again. To make matters worse today, I figured I would take a break from the Burb and change the oil in the F-150. low and behold the plastic canister that houses the oil filter element broke. So after numerous phone calls I finally tracked one down at a dealer and at least I got that problem solved.

Man, I'm not sure I want to read any more of your posts.... :( .. It's too depressing!

KFF 1 01-13-2024 03:24 PM

Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday I picked up the replacement steering gearbox from Napa and installed it last night. this morning I bled the system and no leaks so I proceeded to fire it up and no leaks. So now I just have to wait on some cooperation from Mother Nature before I take it out the road and back.

HO455 01-13-2024 04:00 PM

Mark today down as a WIN!

:ennyd::ennyd::ennyd:

KFF 1 01-13-2024 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 9276206)
Mark today down as a WIN!

:ennyd::ennyd::ennyd:

Yes sir HO455, a much needed win at that LOL .... What a nightmare this has been.

LockDoc 01-13-2024 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFF 1 (Post 9276196)
Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel. Yesterday I picked up the replacement steering gearbox from Napa and installed it last night. this morning I bled the system and no leaks so I proceeded to fire it up and no leaks. So now I just have to wait on some cooperation from Mother Nature before I take it out the road and back.

OK, I am officially reading your posts again. I certainly hope all of this steering box stuff is behind you.

The steering box in my Dually project has a small leak but I am not touching it. I will buy a bottle of Lucas power steering leak sealer.....

KFF 1 01-18-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9276402)
OK, I am officially reading your posts again. I certainly hope all of this steering box stuff is behind you.

The steering box in my Dually project has a small leak but I am not touching it. I will buy a bottle of Lucas power steering leak sealer.....

Yes LockDoc I hope that is all behind me as well. I dont blame you a bit for going the Lucas PS sealer after the aggravation I just went through lol

KFF 1 03-03-2024 10:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Finally the new 409 SS custom exhaust has been installed on the Suburban. 2.5 inch exhaust with H-pipe, Dynomax Ultra Flo SS mufflers part #17218 exits the rear on both sides with slash cut ends. Misfit Autowerks in Washington Pa built the exhaust and installed. Really happy with the way it turned out, and the sound is amazing.

KFF 1 03-03-2024 10:09 AM

Here is a sound clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm-Dd2YcBvs

LockDoc 03-03-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFF 1 (Post 9292655)

Yup, sounds good! Glad you have that part of it behind you now.... :)

Street Smart 03-16-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFF 1 (Post 9292655)

Sounds really good!!!

KFF 1 03-17-2024 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9292749)
Yup, sounds good! Glad you have that part of it behind you now.... :)

Sounds really good!!!

Thanks guys. Really happy with the way it turned out and a shout out to my wife for picking out the mufflers.

LockDoc 03-17-2024 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KFF 1 (Post 9296628)
Sounds really good!!!

Thanks guys. Really happy with the way it turned out and a shout out to my wife for picking out the mufflers.

She is now officially a muffler Guru..... :)

KFF 1 03-19-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9296689)
She is now officially a muffler Guru..... :)

Yes .... Yes she is LOL. Its amazing how knowledgeable she has become just from watching a few YouTube videos LOL !