The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   nice day for a spring cleaning (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=760209)

Richardwa 03-25-2018 05:43 PM

nice day for a spring cleaning

2 Attachment(s)
It was nice and sunny this morning so I thought I would clean the shop a little,
I didn't get to far, as soon as I got a few cars out it clouded up and started hailing.:waah: So this is about all I got done.
Attachment 1767720

Attachment 1767721

old Rusty C10 03-25-2018 05:51 PM

Re: nice day for a spring cleaning

opposite end of the country and we had hail for a bit too.. and I didn't make any more progress than you did

alsriv2 03-26-2018 02:18 PM

I see an old Dodge truck that needs a new home...mine!

Thank you for sharing some pictures...It looks nice up there and you have a nice setup.

Advanced Design 03-28-2018 11:59 PM

Richard, nice shop and good looking collection there! Too bad about the hail...hopefully no damage.

special-K 03-29-2018 06:40 AM

Ain't that the way? You keep your stuff safe in a building and no sooner do you roll them out and here comes the hail.

I'd like to arm wrestle Al for that Dodge. When I had my '69 and got keen on that body style I came to liking the original design best. The body went from 61-71, so Dodge all but missed the 67-72 era with a "next" design and the '71 body was basically to '61 standards. A wholotta metal. But the dual headlamps tell the era and the grille is just too dang cool. The wheel opening on the bed is farther forward on the early ones like yours and the round tail lamps with fatter sides/narrow tailgate from the rear just look cool. I am done now talking about your old Dawj

Richardwa 03-29-2018 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That Dodge is a 62, my wife's grandfather bought it new. It has been a farm truck most of it's life. It belongs to our son now.

I have it's big ugly brother sitting behind the shop, not real sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

GOPAPA 03-29-2018 11:49 AM

Nice size shop ,, a "Lean To" is next ,,probably ,,although your weather there is mostly a Patina maker more than a rust maker,, is it not?

nice family of cars and trucks you have Richard

alsriv2 03-29-2018 12:52 PM

Ugly brother needs a new home as well. I will arm wrestle Tim for it. ;)

I have its grandson in my fleet now and it is a bit lonely. :)

Richardwa 03-29-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8224968)
Nice size shop ,, a "Lean To" is next ,,probably ,,although your weather there is mostly a Patina maker more than a rust maker,, is it not?

nice family of cars and trucks you have Richard

Thanks, The weather here is pretty dry, kind of in a rain shadow from the cascade mountains. since October 1st we have had just under 5" of measurable precipitation. Very little snow this winter also

special-K 03-29-2018 08:42 PM

I fogot to mention the small back window as well. Just look at those trucks. Where's the plastic? Dash knobs? That's a chunk of metal there. Leaf spring/solid beam front end, too, through '71. Now that's a truck! Is the turquoise one, or just a cab & chassis, your wife's?
:cool:

Well,the hail is gone. Did you get your shop straight? Looks darn straight in the picture

Richardwa 03-30-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8225413)
I fogot to mention the small back window as well. Just look at those trucks. Where's the plastic? Dash knobs? That's a chuck of metal there. Leaf spring/solid beam font end, too, through '71. Now that's a truck! Is the turquoise one, or just a cab & chassis, your wife's?
:cool:

Well,the hail is gone. Did you get your shop straight? Looks darn straight in the picture

Blue one is just a cab and frame, 71 short box. I have a friend on the wet side of the state that needs a good rust free cab, so I picked it up for Him. I had to buy the power wagon in order to get the 71.

The 50 Dodge in the shop is the wife's car

Shop is still a mess, can't even get the GMC out due to olds 455 engine and parts laying around it

special-K 03-30-2018 06:35 PM

It sure is a nice assortment.