The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lets see those BUDDY BUCKETS!!!!!!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=328534)

Ricks1971 02-12-2009 10:54 PM

Lets see those BUDDY BUCKETS!!!!!!!

I'm trying to decide whether to use a set of buddy buckets or a bench seat! I would like to see some buddy buckets reupholstered. Thanks

msgross 02-12-2009 11:00 PM

Re: Lets see those BUDDY BUCKETS!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
well, this probably won't help...dodge buddy's that still need recovered...

But they are 1/2 the price of chevy's!

Ricks1971 02-12-2009 11:07 PM

Mike, what year dodge trucks had those buckets?

Livrat 02-12-2009 11:19 PM

I am not sure what year Dodge's had them.. but you can also find them in Jeep J1000 pickups from 67 -70 One difference ... they fold forward.

Hart_Rod 02-12-2009 11:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's mine recovered. They fold forward. I've got several sets, some fold forward and some don't....

dan42 02-12-2009 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. They are true buddy buckets from a Chevy/GMC, '67 vintage. (They don't fold).

breeh 02-13-2009 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine...

72armyswbtruck 02-13-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livrat (Post 3141164)
I am not sure what year Dodge's had them.. but you can also find them in Jeep J1000 pickups from 67 -70 One difference ... they fold forward.

Awesome, I knew that there were dodge seats, didn't know about Jeep J1000 pickups. Now i'm off to the pick n pull. Wish me luck.

msgross 02-13-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricks1971 (Post 3141120)
Mike, what year dodge trucks had those buckets?

not sure, I got these at a truck show for $150. They are identical except the back foam outline (behind your shoulders) and the end brackets on the frame (had a set made by a board member). They even have GM-22 on the bottom foam. If they didn't have the rip I would use them as is, I like em...

63 & 64 Bowties 02-13-2009 09:31 AM

jerry moss 02-13-2009 10:38 AM

thanks for the jeep info, never even look at them in the yards but you can bet i will now though. as for the folding/non folding issue, i've had a LOT of buddy buckets in the past 20+ years of parting 67-72s and i've had them where only the passenger side folded, some where neither folded and a couple sets that both folded. some of these seats were still in original upholstry and on the SPID of the truck we pulled them from so i would assume they were original.

caja_larga 02-13-2009 10:52 AM

I had buddy buckets in my 74 travel all. They looked just like the ones posted here. they did not fold.

special-K 02-13-2009 11:29 AM

How about Ford?

Maybe they should be called generic buckets:exit:

stllookn 02-13-2009 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I really like Rod Hart's black and herriingbone...but I like my Anniversary seats better...LOL! Just wish I could finish the truck and get them installed!!!!!!!!!

re1 02-13-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stllookn (Post 3141993)
I really like Rod Hart's black and herriingbone...but I like my Anniversary seats better...LOL! Just wish I could finish the truck and get them installed!!!!!!!!!

Stllookn, those are very nice!!

Hart_Rod 02-13-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stllookn (Post 3141993)

Your's are one of my favorites too.......:D.

67chevemall 02-13-2009 01:16 PM

Some nice chairs there! Lookn good.... Buckets all the way

Sammy 02-13-2009 05:31 PM

Everytime I see these my eyes swell with envy. Wish they were more reasonably available along with what folks think they are worth.

xmitsu10 02-13-2009 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These were in a truck I turned quickly.

100%Chevy 02-13-2009 10:21 PM

stllookin,yours' are eggzactly like mine!In fact,yours' are the only ones I've ever seen like mine!
Mine are completely original,as is most of the truck.
Look in my picturetrail below.

http://www.picturetrail.com/100chevy

Mike.:chevy:

stllookn 02-13-2009 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
100%Chevy....Nice '68 50th Anniversary truck! Are you going to restore it back to stock? There were not many with those original buddy buckets! Those are the rarest of the rare buddy buckets! Keep me posted on your progress.

Ernesto in CO is painting his 50th Anniversary cab...the gold color he is using is just plain sick! I am waiting for his reply on exactly what he is using. I hope to make more progress on my 50th Longhorn tomorrow...slow and painful!

Pic of 2/3 of my 50th Fleet...LOL!

67_C-30 02-14-2009 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of mine, but are going to houndtooth treatment in black like the blue below them.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...cture001-1.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...Picture004.jpg

PipsC10 02-14-2009 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is mine, just brought them home after taking them out of a parts truck that I bought. Came out of 1970 custom cab, not sure if they were in the truck originally however they are original gm seats. Neither side folds forward and the passenger side sits a little more straight up and down than the drivers side. Probably going to get them re upholstered in a few years before I put them in my project truck. Hart Rod I love the way yours came out and I really like the cupholders.

Hart_Rod 02-14-2009 07:54 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PipsC10 (Post 3143529)
here is mine, just brought them home after taking them out of a parts truck that I bought. Came out of 1970 custom cab, not sure if they were in the truck originally however they are original gm seats. Neither side folds forward and the passenger side sits a little more straight up and down than the drivers side. Probably going to get them re upholstered in a few years before I put them in my project truck. Hart Rod I love the way yours came out and I really like the cupholders.

Thanks Pip, the cup holders and map pocket should make them a little more utilitarian, (I had some seat warmers installed too, :)). Pull the material away from where the pivot point of the seat back and the seat bottom come together. If there is a bolt holding the back and the bottom together, you should be able to loosen it slightly on both sides and then they will fold forward. There will also be a bolt that allows you to adjust how high the seat backs lean back. These are the pics I have right now showing what I'm talking about.

100%Chevy 02-14-2009 12:26 PM

stllookn,thanks for the kind words!
I've been doing the small,little stuff to the truck.I've rebuilt the brakes,replaced the factory original tires with new 235's,wiper blades,fuel pump,water pump(not on yet),removed the york compressor and mounts(need one?),rebuilt carb,all new dual exhaust,battery and cables,and new rear bumper.
The only plans I have are to repair rusty spots and add factory air(I have all A/C parts,plus a spare A/C truck).
Want to remove the aftermarket cruise and add factory cruise.
Looking for factory AM/FM radio and tilt wheel when I can afford them!
The first owner(now deceased)was a fanatic about this truck.It has an 8-track under the seat that still works and about 30 tapes in the console.I bought the truck from his son,who never transfered the title,so technically I'm the second owner.
With the truck,I received a lot of parts.2 sets of Gabriel air shocks,air filters,oil filters,fuel filters,trans filters,etc.
It was Zie-Barted when new(I have the papers),so very little rust.
Mike.:chevy: