The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   lmctruck comments? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=621455)

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 07:19 PM

lmctruck comments?

I love lmctruck ordered parts on friday night they arrived today hopefully they work fine :metal: ;) :chevy:

Whats your experience with them??

leddzepp 03-19-2014 07:24 PM

Re: lmctruck comments?

Hit and miss like every other big box parts retailer. Good luck!

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 07:28 PM

have you not had good luck with them?

TrkEnvy 03-19-2014 07:38 PM

I was disappointed with how much I had to massage the patch panels I bought from them..

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 07:58 PM

which panels?

67ctener 03-19-2014 08:45 PM

I bought big block motor mounts, the bolts supplied with the mounts touched the block before tight. I've heard more bad then good so probably won't order anything more from them. Just my experience.

jondancer 03-19-2014 09:24 PM

I bought door panels from them and they sucked. Also bought an emblem and it was low quality

ole dollor 03-19-2014 09:26 PM

they have a real good parts catalog ...you can use it for pic's. I have not had good luck with their parts , just my two cents worth...

flashed 03-19-2014 09:41 PM

What parts are you needing ,I have used several vendors but the one I have used most is Southern Kentuck Classics as they have good prices ,parts in stock and great customer service .

NoNeck 03-19-2014 09:43 PM

They have terrible customer service. I ordered a windshield gasket from them and they sent the wrong one. Right part number on the bag, but wrong gasket. I ordered one for the wide chrome trim and got the one for the narrow trim. After repeated calls with no remedy in sight, I ordered a Precision gasket from a forum member and it fit like a glove. LMC rocker patch panels didn't come close to fitting up near the door hinge area. I'm not bashing, just voicing MY opinion.

POP

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 09:47 PM

this Is my first truck im building so im new to all of this I just bought a gas tank, fuel pump, and floater from the I ordered it Friday night and got it today so I like how quick it came and I love their parts catalog so organized and tells me which type I need (EEC gas tank) I didn't even know about that so far so good the prices seem good too excepy stepside fenders theirs is 499 I found them for 399 at parts123... so if you don't like lmc what do yall use???

ole dollor 03-19-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepside68longbed (Post 6584603)
this Is my first truck im building so im new to all of this I just bought a gas tank, fuel pump, and floater from the I ordered it Friday night and got it today so I like how quick it came and I love their parts catalog so organized and tells me which type I need (EEC gas tank) I didn't even know about that so far so good the prices seem good too excepy stepside fenders theirs is 499 I found them for 399 at parts123... so if you don't like lmc what do yall use???

go to the venders area here on the board and check with them first , real good people to do business with...

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 10:04 PM

how do I get there? im new to this site ive figured out how to post, message, add, and ive only gotten to some places through a link I may be young but I aint a computer person lmao.

ole dollor 03-19-2014 10:12 PM

just go to forums at the top of the page and click and scroll down to venders market place and click on the one you like and shop around.

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 10:15 PM

thanks nice pickup btw

bbcmudtruck 03-19-2014 10:17 PM

I just bought all of my tailgate componets from them and they arrived very quickly and had everything I ordered. Tons of small bolts etc.

ole dollor 03-19-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepside68longbed (Post 6584677)
thanks nice pickup btw

thanks for the flowers for ole dollor ... its just a daily driver nothing special , good luck on you build , and have fun with it.

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 10:27 PM

oh I will I gotta drive mine as a daily for a while mom told me I had to get rid of a vehicle so the toy geo had to go it was fallin apart anyhow I had to strait **** it for a while got pretty good at it but It was soooo annoying having to kill it to stop and start it in gear I ended up welding on a new pedal and few other things kinda didn't want to get rid of it after I got around to fixing it... oh well its just me n sally now :)

ETsC10 03-19-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepside68longbed (Post 6584645)
how do I get there? im new to this site ive figured out how to post, message, add, and ive only gotten to some places through a link I may be young but I aint a computer person lmao.

Vendors Marketplace are the commercial board members selling here.
Same with the parts board...shop for both price and value!

The main advantages are that they know these trucks and will make sure you have the right part.

As for LMC, they are a huge resource and if you need to research, they are great.
The shop I share my warehouse with orders often and shipping has been quick and prices good.

But sometimes not right.

If something goes haywire, usually their phone staff will work with you.
If they don't, you have to convince them that they have to.

No matter where you get your parts, make sure you keep ALL of your
packaging...especially the box (that even goes for
returns to your parts store).

My 2¢

stepside68longbed 03-19-2014 10:50 PM

thanks and I do most the time until mom stars b****in about it

seattle gmc 03-19-2014 10:53 PM

Most people are going to speak negatively about LMC.i have had ok luck with them, and i have also ordered from all of the other mail order companys, Classic Parts of America, Classic Industries, California Truck shop, Brothers, and LMC. Most of the parts i have recieved have all been reproduced by "counterpart" wich is from Taiwan, all of these big companys seem to be selling the same stuff. The best you can do is look for who might have what you want cheaper or some kind of shipping incentive. I am also new around here, so i have not had the chance to check out the vendors here, but i would like to.

bbcmudtruck 03-20-2014 10:19 AM

I ended up buying my front panel for my bed from brothers because shipping was 80 dollars less than lmc. However I am still waiting on it to show up when I ordered the lmc parts two days after ordering parts from brothers.

Keith Seymore 03-20-2014 11:47 AM

No problems with LMC here - purchased mostly cosmetic parts (body side trim, interior parts).

K

BrentRS1985 03-20-2014 12:12 PM

I'm going to buy new front and back bumpers soon. LMC offers a "premium" chrome bumper. Is this any better than what I will find elsewhere, I haven't seen anyone else offer two different quality bumpers.

Clyde65 03-20-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentRS1985 (Post 6585521)
I'm going to buy new front and back bumpers soon. LMC offers a "premium" chrome bumper. Is this any better than what I will find elsewhere, I haven't seen anyone else offer two different quality bumpers.

AS far as I know LMC are the only ones who offer the two options, most others only offer the premium.