The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rear Shock Relocation Kits (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=793712)

67C10Step 09-20-2019 12:55 PM

Rear Shock Relocation Kits

I am putting together a parts list for a total rear end rebuild on my truck. Most of the decisions are easy in that I am replacing all the brake hardware, shocks, springs, bushings, etc.

I am going to lower the rear 3-4" and leaning towards 4". I will relocate the rear shocks as well and have looked at the NoLimit and CPP kits. There is a large difference in price between these two kits and I am wondering what folks on here have used and their feedback.

Thanks in advance.

demian5 09-20-2019 01:07 PM

Re: Rear Shock Relocation Kits

Get that rear kit that moves the shocks to the rear of the trailing arms, like a 60-62.

67C10Step 09-20-2019 02:42 PM

The NoLimit kit moves the shocks outboard of the frame and vertical. The CPP kit looks similar.

What I am looking for is feedback on kits that have been installed by members. None of them look difficult to install but wondering about function and build quality.

The NoLimit kit is $150 on their web site and the CPP can be had from summit for about $60. Seems to be a big difference in cost for similar items. The NoLimit does look fabricated where the CPP looks stamped so maybe that is the main difference.

SidsChopShop 09-20-2019 04:47 PM

Using the CPP shock relocators on my truck with their 4" HD springs. Bought all the parts from Summit to have a piece of mind for customer service or returns. The relocator kit is dead simple to install and was very impressed in the quality. Had them on for 2 years and put many miles on the truck without an issue.

EdwardSams 09-20-2019 09:48 PM

Hey there. I recently went with the no limit kit. Yes it was more expensive but it paid off - I had a few questions along the way and when I called no limit they answered the phone and all my questions- more than one time. That made it worth the extra spend.

I’m new to this sort of stuff so I was glad to get the guidance. If you’re an expert or at least we’ll versed I’m sure the less expensive kit will do the job just fine.

And maybe the less expensive kit is made in the USA but I know the no limit kit is which makes it worth spending a little extra for.

GASoline71 09-20-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidsChopShop (Post 8596450)
Using the CPP shock relocators on my truck with their 4" HD springs. Bought all the parts from Summit to have a piece of mind for customer service or returns. The relocator kit is dead simple to install and was very impressed in the quality. Had them on for 2 years and put many miles on the truck without an issue.

I did the exact same thing with my truck. Install was EZPZ Lemon Squeezy. The quality of the ride is much better than before the shock relocation install.

Gary

Andy4639 09-21-2019 04:41 PM

No limit kit hands down. All others are not even close to it. I've had mine now for several years it's one of the best modes I've done to my 71. I never put the rear sway bar back on it. Don't need it. :chevy: