The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Helping picking interior (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=779505)

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 02:31 AM

Helping picking interior

3 Attachment(s)
My C10 is about ready to take home now. I need some help on what color I should go with my interior, it’s a two tone, gun metal gray and silver on top of the cab, my glove box is silver and so are my door panels, and I’m unsure what color to go with my seat and my dash pad. Any comments and ideas will be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 02:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristiann8 (Post 8442992)
My C10 is about ready to take home now. I need some help on what color I should go with my interior, it’s a two tone, gun metal gray and silver on top of the cab, my glove box is silver and so are my door panels, and I’m unsure what color to go with my seat and my dash pad. Any comments and ideas will be appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here’s more pictures of the truck
Posted via Mobile Device

FRCvette 01-14-2019 07:51 AM

Re: Helping picking interior

My vote would be black with houndstooth inserts

CG 01-14-2019 07:59 AM

I think all black would look great. That is a classic good look and it will never look dated. BTW Im not a fan of pin striping, even on the older classic cars. But for some reason your striping on the box and ash tray really appeal to me ... Nicely done.

Grumpy old man 01-14-2019 08:09 AM

^ x2 All black . :chevy:

special-K 01-14-2019 09:29 AM

Blue!

Ol Blue K20 01-14-2019 09:53 AM

I agree with Tim, blue to go with the pinstriping.

notsolo 01-14-2019 10:24 AM

Killer pinstriping!... Bright blue interior would really pop....Blues are hard to match, carpet ?

sick472 01-14-2019 11:20 AM

Well, technically, you could go with any color as greys, silvers, whites, blacks (any shade between black and white) will not clash with any color of the rainbow. You have choosen some blue pinstrippping which suggests blue interior (blues are hard to match up).

Black would be the safest to choose. It would get the least amount of critisim at a show...very safe, very traditional, and does not demand much attention.

I think the houndstooth inserts that FRC suggest would really be cool by adding some breakup with all the black.

Any shade of black, grey, or white would work very well, maybe not white as white gets dingey pretty fast. If you start thinking about actual colors you may start distracting the onlooker from the paint job and exterior and drawing more attention to the interior. It kinda depends on where you want to draw attention. It's kinda like bright fancy wheels...people will say... "Man! great wheels!" instead of... "I love your truck!"

But then again, those who paint their projects bright floresant colors, oversize the flashy rims, or bling up the interior are every bit in thier right to do so and have a good following as well. I'm just older and conservative I guess. I would stick to black with some highlights like the inserts or grey seatbelts, or silver sides and top.

There's my two cents in a five gallon bucket.

HO455 01-14-2019 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Dark gray or black vinyl with a blue highlander insert. Like below but not trimed in blue. Tying the exterior gray with the silver and blue interior accents. Hard to make a for sure call on this without being there with samples.

sick472 01-14-2019 11:59 AM

I like the highlander inserts with the blues. Ties it all together without getting too flashy. Nice call HO!

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCvette (Post 8443025)
My vote would be black with houndstooth inserts

I’ve always liked those houndstooth inserts, very good idea
Posted via Mobile Device

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 8443146)
Dark gray or black vinyl with a blue highlander insert. Like below but not trimed in blue. Tying the exterior gray with the silver and blue interior accents. Hard to make a for sure call on this without being there with samples.

Great suggestion, I think those Highlander inserts won me over.
Posted via Mobile Device

bs46488 01-14-2019 01:25 PM

HO455's idea would be my vote. I think its enough of a contrast and also ties everything together

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bs46488 (Post 8443237)
HO455's idea would be my vote. I think its enough of a contrast and also ties everything together

I definitely agree on that one
Posted via Mobile Device

Cristiann8 01-14-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HO455 (Post 8443146)

What should I do on the dash pad?
Posted via Mobile Device

jocko 01-14-2019 08:25 PM

Is it still too late to cast a vote for blue custom cloth? ie blue houndstooth? Just seems perfect for the color combo to me - with blue door panels, carpet, dash pad, steering wheel and column.