The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Pops 72 cheyenne dropmember build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=442514)

superflysteiny 03-01-2011 03:21 PM

Re: Pops 72 cheyenne dropmember build

I was in the emregency room late last night with my son he may have broke his leg. He was running down the hall and caught his leg on the door jam to another room. X rays were negative but it is hard to tell with a child because of the size of the growth plates. He still can not stand on it so we are going back today for a second opinion. He is only 3. So I did not work on the truck last night. I will get some more stuff done tonight if my little guy does not need me. I will keep you guys posted. Later Eric

VA72C10 03-01-2011 03:24 PM

Sorry to hear that! Hope he gets better soon!!!

superflysteiny 03-01-2011 03:41 PM

Thank man he is super active and it sucks to see him not be able to get around. I will keep you guys posted.

chapster 03-01-2011 04:00 PM

I hope your boy is OK, our trucks will always be there tomorrow to work on.

superflysteiny 03-01-2011 04:50 PM

Thats the truth, we just got back from the Dr and he has a severe sprainof the ankle so atleast he is not in a cast. Although sprains can be worse than breaks. Anyway I will get back on the truck later tonight, the cab is going to marios to have the fire wall shaved and I will order all the interior tomorrow. I am going with all stock cheyenne red dash will be satin red as will the head liner and the small stock headliner will go in on the top, all of the steering column will be red too. Should be different then what you see out there. Any ways thanks guys for checking out my build.

67cheby 03-01-2011 05:02 PM

oh i like the sound of that

68 Quad C10 03-01-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 4522775)
Thats the truth, we just got back from the Dr and he has a severe sprainof the ankle so atleast he is not in a cast. Although sprains can be worse than breaks. Anyway I will get back on the truck later tonight, the cab is going to marios to have the fire wall shaved and I will order all the interior tomorrow. I am going with all stock cheyenne red dash will be satin red as will the head liner and the small stock headliner will go in on the top, all of the steering column will be red too. Should be different then what you see out there. Any ways thanks guys for checking out my build.

NICE!!!! I like the sound of that also.... glad to hear he is ok and yes they can be worse than breaks... i ruined my ankle over 2 years ago and it still gives me trouble it was a bad sprain but young ones tend to heal better :lol:

superflysteiny 03-01-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 Quad C10 (Post 4522911)
NICE!!!! I like the sound of that also.... glad to hear he is ok and yes they can be worse than breaks... i ruined my ankle over 2 years ago and it still gives me trouble it was a bad sprain but young ones tend to heal better :lol:

Forsure I know sprains sometimes never heal right but he is super young so I am sure he will recover.

superflysteiny 03-02-2011 01:03 PM

Wel got a little done last night. It was very time consuming on the lines because of all the bends and the drilling and tapping of the frame. http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...mefront013.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...mefront014.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...mefront015.jpg

67cheby 03-02-2011 01:07 PM

looks great , where are the red line clamps from ??

VA72C10 03-02-2011 01:14 PM

very nice! How's your son feeling today?

nastyc10 03-02-2011 01:16 PM

That looks good, very clean. Hope your son gets better.

superflysteiny 03-02-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 4524832)
looks great , where are the red line clamps from ??

Not sure I will check tonight and post the make tomorrow, they are hard plastic and are not super expensive. I bought a kit that will do the complete kit and it comes with hardware for 95 dollar.

67cheby 03-02-2011 01:56 PM

thats great if you would check that for me thanks, a little splash of red would match my cab mounts

superflysteiny 03-02-2011 02:21 PM

My son is super sore and he still can't stand on his right leg. If he is not standing on it by friday he wil be going to an orthopedic surgeon for a 3rd consult. He is just really not doing that great. If you touch his shin he screams. Just does not seem like a sprain to me.

superflysteiny 03-02-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 4524944)
thats great if you would check that for me thanks, a little splash of red would match my cab mounts

No problem I will take care of that for you.

Glorybound13 03-02-2011 02:28 PM

So sorry to hear about your son. I broke my leg when I was 4, and I can remember having to deal not moving around and being sore (well, at least from what I can remember). I'll definitely keep y'all in my prayers and pray for a very quick recovery and no permanent damage.

superflysteiny 03-02-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glorybound13 (Post 4525002)
So sorry to hear about your son. I broke my leg when I was 4, and I can remember having to deal not moving around and being sore (well, at least from what I can remember). I'll definitely keep y'all in my prayers and pray for a very quick recovery and no permanent damage.

Thanks man he is a trooper just sucks because he has to crawl everywere. Thanks again guys.

thor 03-02-2011 09:05 PM

I just read through all your builds and all I can say is WOW! Speed and quality tend to be mutually exclusive. And with a dental practice. And with a wife. And with kids. Holy crap man! That's a lot of 5 hr energy, redbull, monster, mt. dew, whatever. Why, I got tired just reading the builds. :lol:

As for your little guy, I pray he is doing better. If it is a sprain, I would recommend following the acronym R.I.C.E.

Rest - bed rest with foot elevated above heart, aids in drainback
Ice - 20 minutes of ice every 2 hours
Compress - compression bandage to minimize swelling and aid in drainback
Elevate - elevate foot above heart

If his shin is extremely painful, it could be a high ankle sprain. Thankfully for me mine have all been low ankle sprains (basketball, volleyball, tall man sports) and by following the acronym above, I've bounced back within a week and a half. Since he's young he should come back even quicker.

Additionally, I personally took 400mg of Ibuprofen every 4 hours with food, as presribed on the back of the bottle. I am unsure about kids under 12 yrs of age though. Check with the dr as I know that Ibuprofen can be hard on your stomach. However, nothing takes down inflammation faster than nSAIDs.

Lastly, the more protein you can get in him, the quicker he will heal. Protein will rebuild the damaged cells in his leg.

Hope this helps!

Dinos63 03-02-2011 09:58 PM

Wow nice job thor great info, yeah hope your boys feels better also , dino

denny5625 03-02-2011 10:21 PM

Poor little guy. That sucks having all that energy and can't do anything with it.

DCoffey 03-03-2011 12:15 AM

Clips are from http://www.made4uproducts.com/ are they not?

mcbassin 03-03-2011 08:04 AM

Nice work as always Dr. Superfly! I'm digging the lines and hold downs. Super clean.

I know how those sprains go, I have two that are involved in sports. Hope he has a Speedy recovery.

superflysteiny 03-03-2011 02:38 PM

Thanks guys for all the kind words for my son. I have iced elevated it and rapted it. He still can not bare wait. Talk to ortho a couple of days ago and if he can not bare weight by Friday it could be a green stick fracture which can not be sen on and dray. This is were the bone breaks vertical. At any rate he is a youth little guy. He try to stand on it every morning even though it scares the hell out of him because he knows it is going to hurt. Any way I thanknall you guys I know he will be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 03-03-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 4524944)

The name of the clamps are tclamps. Should be able to buy the kit online. So I got a lot done last night but I do not have time to get the pics posted today and they should be up by tomorrow. I have the panhard bar on diff cover all the brakelines ran and air ride lines ran. It is coming out really good and I am super happy with it. The cab is going to leave tomorrow for paint and I will have the bed on by Sunday. I get the motor on Saturday so I am making great progress. Hope you guys like it. Thnis has to be back together by april 14 th we will see. Later Eric
Posted via Mobile Device