The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Longhorn Mans Western Tour 2007 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=260487)

oldiron 09-30-2007 01:08 AM

Longhorn Mans Western Tour 2007

5 Attachment(s)
Well it was a great day in the Northwest today. We got to start the Longhorn mans Great Western Tour. We even had T-shirts and his new Burb all decked out in board logo's.

FRENCHBLUE72 09-30-2007 01:14 AM

Re: Longhorn Mans Western Tour 2007

Ha Ha Ha Sweet..

oldiron 09-30-2007 01:19 AM

5 Attachment(s)
While ETsC10 was busy painting Andy's Burb the rest of us were busy disassembling the parts Burb.

oldiron 09-30-2007 01:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There were nine of us there including Andy.
Left to right:
oldiron "Dennis", Livrat "Mark", Longhorn Man "Andy", CG "Mark", ETsC10 "Ellen", Eric 67M "Eric", IAFF2407 "Al", down front Brad "Brad".
Missing is Auggie76 "Jeff" who is in the second picture. And last Andy with tonights supply of Dew.

oldiron 09-30-2007 01:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Last of my series are our trucks.

skokie 09-30-2007 01:47 AM

Andy have a safe trip back home. Keep a eye out for smokey bear :)

oldiron 09-30-2007 01:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The last couple of trucks

CG 09-30-2007 02:17 AM

Huge thanks to you guys that came out today. You are the ones that made this transaction work for Andy and me. Everyone brought something to the table. Lots of mechanical skills and know how. Talk about a bunch of people that came ready to bust their butts. And to think all I had to do was toss em a few burgers and a port a potty. These guys work cheap :lol: Al supplied the cool t-shirts. There may be a few left for Andy to give out on his trip home since there were 30 of em. Ill post some pics when I get em resized.

Brad 09-30-2007 03:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mark, I was glad to have helped! Thanks for the burgers and dogs and the porta-potty! It was alot of fun and lot's of teamwork made this all possible and it was a pleasure to meet everyone finally!
Here are a few more shots: :D

toomanytoyz 09-30-2007 04:26 AM

Look's Like a Great Group, I would Like To Extend A Personal Thank You Out For All That Showed Up To Make This Happen. That Is What Make's This Board A Place To Be Proud Of.................

Rick:)

stllookn 09-30-2007 05:47 AM

That just looks like way more fun than I had today! I placed my good luck call to Andy, from Guam this morning, and heard some of the stories about his parts. I thought he was towing the parts burb? I guess that plan changed since you were all cutting it up!

ETsC10...nice lettering!!!!!

Dennis...thanks for posting this and making it a sticky thread that we can all follow! How about those red x's?

When does Andy actually roll out of Monroe?

No3Fan4Ever 09-30-2007 07:34 AM

Awesome people................great pics;
Have a safe trip Andy

eric67m 09-30-2007 08:35 AM

Andy, good luck. I was glad that I was close enough to attend this. It was good to meet some board members and swap stories and info with them. I will have to contact a few of you about a couple of things that we talked about. It was amazing what you can get done with more hands around. Possibly we could do more group wrenching in the future? Finally remember instead of saying "cheese" for pictures say "hold on a minute".

Palf70Step 09-30-2007 08:55 AM

Looks like a great time. Keep er cruisin Andy!!

You back yet.... ;)

Maybe this outta be like the Open Safe thread.

Are we there yet? :D

weasel29gm 09-30-2007 09:14 AM

Wow!! You guys made Andy's trip cool. Thats teamwork!!!

CG 09-30-2007 09:27 AM

I just talked to Andy, he left Monroe about 7 30 PM and drove about 110 miles before he needed to catch some z's. He needs a bigger blanket. I guess he had to start the burb up a couple of times to get warmed up. He's been back on the road about an hour now.

Lets see...he told me he adjusted the timing a little and one of the knobs fell off the rear air conditioning controller.

I may have forgot to mention that we decided towing the other burb just wasn't going to be a good idea. We removed both rear seats and stacked them to make more room. Some how we managed to get into the back of the burb...the front suspension, the rear end and trailing arms, a complete 68 front clip and a whole bunch of other misc. stuff, cut off or just unbolted from the parts burb. Plus his traveling stuff. Oh and a lot of Dew.

We did a little parts scavenging off the parts burb for a couple of board members too. I think there is a pic of Sparky (Brad) cutting a big ol chunk off for Frizzle.

FRENCHBLUE72 09-30-2007 09:37 AM

Sucks I could not be there but thats one hell of a drive in the blazer.. Andy good luck and keep us posted this is what this baord is all about..

ETsC10 09-30-2007 10:18 AM

Wow, what a blast that was!

Mark(CG), you did an extraordinary job of organizing this thing. The barn made a great workspace and the BBQ was awesome! Thanks for bringing this all together!!
I must point out, you also have the biggest bumper-jack around (even if it’s a “f-f-f-f-o-r-d”)!: :hm:

Dennis, once again you’ve done an outstanding job of covering the day in pics and thanks sooo much for the sticky…Andy’s progress will be so much easier to follow.

Andy, Al, Eric & Brad--great meeting ya! Thanks for the "T's" Al--way cool!

Hmmmm ... parts for frizzle from sparky ... :lol:

Mike (Stllookn), sure wish you could have been there! maybe see ya next weekend at the swapmeet! Oh and thanks for the attagirl on the lettering but.... by the time Andy was driving out of town, the rain had changed ...

Bringin' Home da Burb!

to

B ing n Hom a Bu b!

........... :o ..........

Frizzle Fry 09-30-2007 11:54 AM

Looks like you guys made quick work of it! Thanks for the "chunks" Andy and for snaggin them Brad :) Wish I coulda been there myself. Nice gathering of trucks too! Good luck on the drive Andy!

70cst 09-30-2007 01:50 PM

This is GREAT thread...keep up the info on Andy's trip back to the "Chosen Land"...I mean Ohio. :lol: This is what makes this truck club and the people so special. It's people helping people. Whether we have a show truck or a DD we are all equal. Keep up the pics! :metal:

stllookn 09-30-2007 04:19 PM

OK...now how do I get one of those shirts? I have $25 waiting here for one...is Andy selling the remainder to finance his trip home? Count me in on that action.

Nice job on hot-wiring the AC to "full freeze", knowing Andy was heading into the high country! I'll bet it was Livrat that came up with that one...the guy knows these trucks like no one else...especially the wiring...ROFLMAO!

Captain Knievel 09-30-2007 07:10 PM

Cannot believed I missed this! I'm so sorry. Although I could really offer nothing but comic relief.

sick69 09-30-2007 08:11 PM

Looks like you guys and girl had a blast. It's amazing how much you can stuff in a burb! I am supposed to be meeting him up in denver tomarrow night to hand off some wheels. Hopefully there won't be any major issues on his way home.

Frank

sick69 09-30-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 2381666)
This is GREAT thread...keep up the info on Andy's trip back to the "Chosen Land"...I mean Ohio. :lol: This is what makes this truck club and the people so special. It's people helping people. Whether we have a show truck or a DD we are all equal. Keep up the pics! :metal:

This is what the car/truck hobby is all about,,,,,,,,,friends and family! A rusted out pos or a show winning machine it's all about the friends and family.

Frank

Palf70Step 09-30-2007 08:29 PM

:agree:

Is he there yet? ;) :D