The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Power Steering Adapter Plates (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332923)

handymanny 12-23-2009 01:59 AM

Re: Power Steering Adapter Plates

hey capitan how can i get one for my 64

Captainfab 12-23-2009 11:52 PM

I'll send you a PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handymanny (Post 3688983)
hey capitan how can i get one for my 64

ScottH 01-07-2010 09:02 PM

Captainfab, I might have missed it but what do u need for a pitman arm when converting to the PS setup? I have a complete ps setup recently removed from a 83 C10, would the pitman work from this?

Thanks.
Scott

Captainfab 01-07-2010 11:58 PM

Yes just use the pitman arm that came with the '83 box. It should work with the early draglink, however I recommend changing all the steering linkage to the later model parts. Not only are the later model parts a little beefier, but it makes it easier to remember what you need when replacement parts are needed.

diamond bobb 03-08-2010 03:13 PM

i need me one of those adapter plates. would you please drop me an e mail?
thanks bobb

Captainfab 03-09-2010 12:00 AM

I would but I don't have your email address. I'll send you a PM instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond bobb (Post 3847686)
i need me one of those adapter plates. would you please drop me an e mail?
thanks bobb

basshawk 04-28-2010 02:27 AM

I need one as well. I also need the newer model power brake adapter for my 64.Also do you have a drilled out rag joint? Ill be paying via paypal.

Captainfab 04-28-2010 11:14 PM

PM sent :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by basshawk (Post 3945349)
I need one as well. I also need the newer model power brake adapter for my 64.Also do you have a drilled out rag joint? Ill be paying via paypal.

pestwagon 04-30-2010 11:40 PM

Captain Fab- I have a 66 C-10 with stock 292. I am adding a factory 292 P/S bracket and pump...Now I need to put in a new gear box. I also need instructions and a new drilled out rag joint flange. Can I use my existing steering tie rods and center link? Will it turn equally as sharp to the R or L? Or will it end up steering funny as I have read here posted from others who converted theirs. Like easier to go right than left, etc?

Captainfab 05-01-2010 01:29 AM

My power steering box adapter plate comes with installation instructions. I'll have to look and see if I have another steering shaft flange. Yes you can use your original draglink and tierods. As for turning farther to the left than the right, I've not noticed much difference on mine, although I know some guys do notice it. It is pretty much just the nature of this conversion regardless of who's adapter plate you buy. You may be able to adjust some of it out by adjusting the tie rods.

basshawk 05-15-2010 04:56 AM

Thanks for the support captain fab. My kit worked great. Saved me sum $$$ to put into cubic inches :)

Captainfab 05-15-2010 10:53 PM

Thanks for the purchase.....so now lets see the cubic inches you're talking about :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by basshawk (Post 3977615)
Thanks for the support captain fab. My kit worked great. Saved me sum $$$ to put into cubic inches :)

overtimeracing 05-23-2010 11:18 PM

Hey Captainfab... Looks like in gonna need one of thoes ps brackets. That is a nice looking piece. I see in your earlier posts you were working on installation instructions, do you have them for dummies...lol. Please send me a pm for payment. Thank you for your service to our hobby. Thx...OTR

Captainfab 05-24-2010 01:50 AM

Yes I include installation instructions with every plate. If you have any issues, you can feel free to either email me or send me a PM here. I'll send you a PM. Thanks

ksjh1316 08-12-2010 12:17 PM

Adding ps to a 67 is all I am needing is 1/4 spacers or am I needing the bracket as well. Forgot to take the BFH to the frame before powdercoating it

Captainfab 08-12-2010 11:15 PM

On the 2wd '67 & '68 all you need are 4) 1/4" spacers. You don't need this plate. Thanks for inquiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksjh1316 (Post 4135387)
Adding ps to a 67 is all I am needing is 1/4 spacers or am I needing the bracket as well. Forgot to take the BFH to the frame before powdercoating it

dean jendro 08-20-2010 09:02 AM

Captainfab,
I have been reading this post with interest as this is my next adventure. I have a '64' Chevy and am going to use a 2003 5.3 LS motor with all the stock serpentine driven accessories. Which power steering box should I use that would mate up to the pump on that motor and the dropped/stock steering components on my '64' and your bracket? Thanks for your input.
Dean

Captainfab 08-20-2010 11:01 PM

You would want to use a steering box from a '81-'87 C10, C20 or the '88-'91 V1500, V2500. Those will have the correct metric with O-ring fittings to match up with the pump on your 2003 5.3.

dean jendro 08-20-2010 11:19 PM

OK, I'll try one of your brackets. I haven't chosen a column yet but it will probably be an after market tilt. I'll figure out the other side of the steering box later. PM me on a bracket kit and thanks for all your help.
Dean

Captainfab 08-21-2010 12:40 AM

Will Do.......

Hanky 08-25-2010 12:42 PM

Just checking to see if there are any new updates on 60-62 installation. I will be doing this mod in the near future on my 62, and want to support Captin in his endavor. Thanks in advance,

Hanky the newb.

Captainfab 08-25-2010 11:12 PM

Sorry but there hasn't been any progress on the '60-'62 steering box adapters. In order to develop one I need to find a '60-'62 frame, and so far I haven't been able to find one. Plenty of '63-'66's though. I'll keep looking.....thanks for inquiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanky (Post 4156778)
Just checking to see if there are any new updates on 60-62 installation. I will be doing this mod in the near future on my 62, and want to support Captin in his endavor. Thanks in advance,

Hanky the newb.

dean jendro 08-26-2010 08:54 AM

Captainfab,
I got my power steering adapter kit in the mail yesterday and it looks great. I got it in a day or two after ordering and it came in complete, well packaged and with full instructions. Now as soon as this lower back issue clears up and I buy a power steering box, I'll get it installed.
Have you tried the junk yard in Arlee, MT for frames? I've seen pictures that jonzcustomshop posted of that yard and it looks like they have plenty of our kind of stuff. Jon also has quite a lot.
Thanks again for the fine product and all your help for under skilled guys like myself.
Dean

Captainfab 08-26-2010 11:42 PM

Thanks for the compliment Dean :)

I hadden't really thought of looking for a frame over in that area. Largely due to the distance and the cost of traveling that far to get a frame just for R&D purposes. It would probably cost $200 in just fuel over and back. I'll keep looking here local, there's bound to be something. I might have to put a WTB on craigslist........

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean jendro (Post 4158184)
Captainfab,
I got my power steering adapter kit in the mail yesterday and it looks great. I got it in a day or two after ordering and it came in complete, well packaged and with full instructions. Now as soon as this lower back issue clears up and I buy a power steering box, I'll get it installed.
Have you tried the junk yard in Arlee, MT for frames? I've seen pictures that jonzcustomshop posted of that yard and it looks like they have plenty of our kind of stuff. Jon also has quite a lot.
Thanks again for the fine product and all your help for under skilled guys like myself.
Dean

dean jendro 08-27-2010 12:30 AM

http://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/1839576814.html