The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Need suggestions if I should sell or part out my extra Suburban (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=501928)

burbluv 01-06-2012 01:40 AM

Need suggestions if I should sell or part out my extra Suburban

5 Attachment(s)
So I am in the middle of reworking my 62 K10 Suburban and one of the ideas I had was to switch out the clamshell doors to the barn doors and to also gets some extra parts here and there. To make a long story short I went out and bought a father/son 66 project that they decided to not finish. They really broke this thing down but now it is mine with original paperwork and original California plates. Here I am 6 months later and I have decided against the barn doors because as a 4WD I think the clamshell doors work really well for me.

It is now time to sell but I am going to look to forum members advice as to how. I am loading a ton of pictures below but you will also see some of my 62extra parts mixed in as well so it is not everything that goes and also I did not get shots of everything that will be included. I have all the side glass, the back door glass, the gauge cluster, a bumper, glove box, the frame from the middle seat, the barn doors, fenders, cowl, grill support, the frame, the hood, the doors, bezels, chrome, handles, rear view mirror, a manifold and even a 350 engine that the father and son had been rebuilding. Take a look for yourself at the pictures. Obviously this is not a complete burb but there is a ton of stuff here that I am bordering on thinking that parting out might bring me more or I just slap it all into a big package deal. So I am asking you to cruise the pictures and give me your thoughts. Should I part it out or sell it as a package and if you were selling it as a package what would be a fair price to sell it for.
On to the photos and thanks for the help. I can only add 5 so I will follow up with a few right after.
AJ

burbluv 01-06-2012 01:43 AM

(MORE PICTURES) Re: Need suggestions if I should sell or part out my extra Suburban

5 Attachment(s)
5 more shots

burbluv 01-06-2012 01:44 AM

(LAST PICTURES) Re: Need suggestions if I should sell or part out my extra Suburban

2 Attachment(s)
Only 2 more.
Thanks for the help!
AJ

gostranger 01-06-2012 07:31 AM

Re: Need suggestions if I should sell or part out my extra Suburban

It looks like if you want to spend the time you would make out if you dont want to spend the time sell as a package and probably get less.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMCMG 01-06-2012 08:55 AM

I think the generous and charitable thing to do would be to donate it to those less fortunate than yourself... ...just throwing my name in there. :haha:

I agree, there is more money to be had parting it out, but I am also partial to keeping whole suburbans whole. Especially if you don't have much time for messing with it. You could 'make an effort' to sell it; list it at a higher price, and if it sells, great. If not, part it out. I've had good luck finding buyers for parts only when I was really trying to sell a vehicle complete... :lol:

jtj143 01-06-2012 08:59 AM

It would make a great project for someone; it's just a matter of finding the right someone.

dthela 01-06-2012 09:17 AM

looks like my garage! slowly finding owners for all my spares from my donor 60.

burbluv 01-06-2012 01:28 PM

OK because I don't want to step on any toes and I want to do this right I just registered as a premium member so i can discuss this further and also try to sell this on here before I go and put it on Craigslist. After reading some of the responses I agree that for the sake of the Suburban it would be nice to keep it together and sell it as a package deal with paperwork and plates. I am not going to try and make a killing but be fair. Can anyone give me sone suggested prices to list it at and tonight I will move this thread over to the for sale side.
Thanks,
AJ
Posted via Mobile Device

gimmy 64 01-06-2012 06:35 PM

i had a 55 chevy big window in pieces that i tried to sell as a whole project. every one that came to see it said it was to much of a project? i ended up parting it out for more money than i was asking as a whole. the only thing with this is it takes alot of time--e-mailing people pictures getting shipping quotes etc.

c.brown 01-06-2012 07:20 PM

i agree its said but there always worth in parts when in project form not running or driving i hope someone buys it whole