The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Spare Tire Bracket? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=472586)

GMCjunkie 07-02-2011 10:27 AM

Spare Tire Bracket?

Hey yall! Can anyone tell me if there is a spare tire bracket for the burbs? It looks like there may have been something there at one time.

Thanks!
junk

vectorit 07-02-2011 01:17 PM

Re: Spare Tire Bracket?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey junk, yea there was a bracket/clamp that would secure the tire.
But from what I have found, it's a salvage part right now.

I have seen them for sale here on the board, but they tend to be pretty expensive. So for me, I am just going to try to fab something up from another application.

Here is a picture of one that was being offered for sale at one time, and I can't verify if it is in fact an OEM 67-72 burb spare tire hold down or not.

I forgot who was selling, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if it's still around.

I'm sure someone will chime in sooner or later to post a photo of what they have, that is a verifiable 67-72 Suburban spare tire part.

GMCjunkie 07-02-2011 03:48 PM

Thank you sweetie, That looks pretty simple, wether its original or not. I figured that it couldnt be anything too complicated and am already trying to figure out something in my head. But, its not on the top of my list, so Ill wait around and see if anyone has one to offer.

Thanks again!
junk

70cst 07-02-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCjunkie (Post 4767781)
Thank you sweetie, That looks pretty simple, wether its original or not. I figured that it couldnt be anything too complicated and am already trying to figure out something in my head. But, its not on the top of my list, so Ill wait around and see if anyone has one to offer.

Thanks again!
junk

I would post a WTB and maybe someone has one availabe...Just a thought Good luck :metal:

67carry-all 07-03-2011 12:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attached are pics of the original spare tire bracket, bolt and nut as well as jack and mounting bracket and spring from my '67 burb. Hope this helps!

vectorit 07-03-2011 12:27 AM

Awesome!

Thank you for sharing those pictures.

rockc 07-03-2011 07:45 AM

67 - Nice pic's. What size of tire do you have there 67. My 235x65x16 will not fit in the tub.

GMCjunkie 07-03-2011 07:49 AM

Yes AWESOME!! I was wondering what that little spring was for too. Man Id love to have the original set up. Hey, what did you line your inner panels with?

Thanks again!!
junk

67carry-all 07-04-2011 01:55 AM

Thanks for the comments on the pics! This board has been a great source of information, inspiration, and ideas; I'm glad to be able to pay it forward.

The spare tire is a 235/75x15 and fits with just a little wiggle room left over. I lined the roof and inside rear sheet metal with carpet padding. My thought was to insulate from heat and noise. The jury is still out on if it actually helped - should know better once the headliner and side panels are back in - I'm only a year or so behind with this!

GMCjunkie 07-04-2011 07:15 AM

Carpet padding! I thought so, I think I have a ton of that out on "THE PILE" from remodeling our bathroom/bedroom, lol. I may have go salvage some of it, pending your expert opinion of course. :D Thanks for the info!

junk

vectorit 07-04-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67carry-all (Post 4770311)
Thanks for the comments on the pics! This board has been a great source of information, inspiration, and ideas; I'm glad to be able to pay it forward.

The spare tire is a 235/75x15 and fits with just a little wiggle room left over. I lined the roof and inside rear sheet metal with carpet padding. My thought was to insulate from heat and noise. The jury is still out on if it actually helped - should know better once the headliner and side panels are back in - I'm only a year or so behind with this!

Hey you are right in my neck of the woods!
Are you registered to show you 67 at the Brothers truck show next week?

GMCjunkie 07-04-2011 09:48 AM

Man, I miss thoes California shows, always loved the Good Guys in Pleasanton. Which one are you going to?

vectorit 07-04-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCjunkie (Post 4770597)
Man, I miss thoes California shows, always loved the Good Guys in Pleasanton. Which one are you going to?

There a lot of board members doing a caravan to this show:

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/classi...and-events.asp

Last year I went, and it was cool to see so many board members all roll in at the same time!

Here is a walk around video of a lot of the trucks staged to go into the park last year.

GMCjunkie 07-04-2011 12:43 PM

Wow, awesome video, thanks for sharing. :)

67carry-all 07-05-2011 11:05 AM

"Hey you are right in my neck of the woods!
Are you registered to show you 67 at the Brothers truck show next week?"

hey vectorit - I need to update my id info. I was in your neck of the woods but moved up to the central coast last year. Will be in Riverside for a few days next week but will unfortunately be after the show. I did see your truck briefly last year - very cool truck and very cool to see it in person!

oldblue1968chevy 07-05-2011 11:18 AM

wow thats awesome