The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   VA Chevrolet woodgrain tailgate band (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=485879)

camrycurt 09-24-2011 09:58 AM

Chevrolet woodgrain tailgate band

3 Attachment(s)
This is a Chevy woodgrain tailgate band that came with a set of used trim I purchased for my truck, but I have the lettered tailgate and so don't need it.

It's in good shape and has chrome letters, which have a few pits as you can see in the pics. Somewhere along the line, one of the POs attempted to repaint the black in the two channels at the top and bottom and did a sloppy job of staying between the lines. I've tried to show the slop in the pics. I hit the paint with some acetone and it came right up, so it should clean up with some elbow grease but it'll take a little bit of effort.

There are more pics further down in the post.

$70 shipped via USPS Parcel Post.

Ask me questions and get your new tailgate band.

lolife99 09-24-2011 11:13 AM

Re: Chevrolet woodgrain tailgate band

Wish I was closer.
I would take it.
These really need to be shipped in a wooden box to keep them safe.
If you can ship to 65251 for a reasonable price,... I would be interested.
But shipping with insurance will probably kill the deal.

Good luck with your sale.

gcburdic 09-24-2011 01:20 PM

also try a PVC tube to ship:D

camrycurt 09-24-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4916786)
Wish I was closer.
I would take it.
These really need to be shipped in a wooden box to keep them safe.
If you can ship to 65251 for a reasonable price,... I would be interested.
But shipping with insurance will probably kill the deal.

Good luck with your sale.

I wish you were closer too :lol:

I'd like to find someone that can just come by and pick it up, but I'll be happy to look into the shipping. I would guess it would be close to $30 to ship, so we might be looking at maybe $75 total shipped to you?

It's not doing me any good sitting in my garage, however, and I want to see this go to someone that can use it, so we can probably work something out if it comes to that.

Thanks for the interest.

athleo 09-24-2011 04:52 PM

Put me next if the the other two pass, want it shipped to 78552, pm me your info on how to pay.....thanks....dwt.
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 09-24-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camrycurt (Post 4917130)
I wish you were closer too :lol:

I'd like to find someone that can just come by and pick it up, but I'll be happy to look into the shipping. I would guess it would be close to $30 to ship, so we might be looking at maybe $75 total shipped to you?

It's not doing me any good sitting in my garage, however, and I want to see this go to someone that can use it, so we can probably work something out if it comes to that.

Thanks for the interest.

I'm interested at $75 shipped and insured.
Let me know.

camrycurt 09-24-2011 08:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Lolife99,

It looks like I can ship it via USPS Parcel Post with $100 insurance for about $20, so that would make it $70 shipped to your door if you want it.

Since you can't see it, I wanted to post up a few more pics of the condition so you can make sure it's what you want before deciding. The woodgrain vinyl has started to come up along the top of the band near the "CH" and there's a small ding in the face. I didn't see anything else that was really a problem, but this is definitely driver quality with the expected scratches and marks. It's unfortunately not show quality.

And on the sloppy repaint job, I wanted to show you a pic of the end where I wiped it with acetone and took off some of the paint just to show that it did come up pretty easily.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think. If you have any other questions or want more pics, just let me know.

Thanks!

lolife99 09-24-2011 08:32 PM

Thanks for the extra pics.
I think I will pass to the next guy in line.

Thanks for your honesty!

camrycurt 09-25-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4917593)
Thanks for the extra pics.
I think I will pass to the next guy in line.

Thanks for your honesty!

No problem. I don't want anyone to pay good money without knowing what they're buying.

athleo, you're next in line if you're still interested. It's $70 shipped. Let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone!

camrycurt 09-26-2011 05:14 PM

OK everyone,

This is still available.

camrycurt 10-19-2011 01:43 PM

Friendly bump ttt.

otsenre 10-19-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camrycurt (Post 4961989)
Friendly bump ttt.

Ill take it at 70 shipped if available

camrycurt 10-19-2011 06:37 PM

Yep, it's still available. PM sent.

camrycurt 10-28-2011 11:11 AM

Sold to otsenre.