The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Blazer top Sliding Side windows (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=600577)

Blazerowner 10-15-2013 10:08 PM

Blazer top Sliding Side windows

I have a lead on some 72 blazer sliding windows for the top and a rear hatch. The guy wants $600 for both. Is this a deal I should go for or pass? The hatch is clean and the sliders are nice. I know they are rare but I also don't want to pay too much. Also is the rubber gasket the same as a solid window?

Blazerowner 10-15-2013 11:01 PM

Re: Blazer top Sliding Side windows

2 Attachment(s)
pics

turp mcspray 10-16-2013 10:15 AM

Considering the hatch is worth at least half of that figure, and sliders are damn near impossible to find, I would buy them. I have been looking for some sliders for several years, so I wouldn't hesitate. If you are willing to wait it out, for a smoking deal to come along, it may be a long wait. Just depends on how bad you want some!

Blazerowner 10-16-2013 11:40 AM

I'm probably going to get them than. I just never see them other than pictures and really like them. I will probably sell the hatch to get a little money back. I have an extra set of sliders besides the ones on my Blazer. This set will make 3 after I get this hatch. I probably will list a set after I purchase these. If you want I can put you first in line.

turp mcspray 10-16-2013 01:46 PM

Put me in line!

blackbolt 10-16-2013 01:59 PM

if turp mcspray doesnt get them put me in line i would be also interested in the hatch also

Blazerowner 10-16-2013 02:17 PM

Im picking them up Sunday. Ill let you know.

tdkosta 10-16-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazerowner (Post 6318029)
This set will make 3 after I get this hatch. I probably will list a set after I purchase these. If you want I can put you first in line.

Wait, you'll have 3 sets of sliders? Lucky! Anyways by an off chance you sell and and the others in line pass, I'd like to put my name on the list please.

70cst 10-16-2013 10:34 PM

Lets not turn this into a FS thread. Thanks

Blazerowner 10-18-2013 04:24 PM

Yes I now have three sliders. I always like to have two of the hard to find parts so I will only be selling one set. The hatch is in great shape so I am probably going to keep it. There's not one crack. As far as the hatch sliders I will be pulling them off in a few days and will post an add in the for sale section. The sliding windows are in pretty good shape other than the felt that they slide on being roached. I plan on taking them to a glass shop or perhaps trying to restore them myself. The frames are in perfect shape and just need a little polishing. I think they were a good find and I have been looking for a while.

gijoecarlos 03-21-2019 01:26 AM

Ive got sliders from a double wall top and want to install them into a single wall top. Can i use a regular rubber seal for a single wall window? or is it a special seal?

Sandtrap9072 03-21-2019 07:14 AM

i have a double wall top and am using the same seal that i used with the original glass with my sliders. You should check with cleszkie, a member on this site. i am pretty sure he has the same setup you are talking about.

cleszkie 03-22-2019 03:25 PM

I got my sliders out of a double wall top and put them into a single wall top. The sliders installed perfectly with the single wall specific side glass weather stripping. No modifications required to the top. I imagine that if the sliders are installed into a double wall top then the double wall top specific weather stripping would work.

Blazerowner 03-23-2019 01:39 PM

I know where another set is but I just never have time to stop and ask the guy about them. The blazer has been sitting there for years. The house is behind a fence so getting in there to say something is tricky. I will have to stop one of these days.