The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   LMC Truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=223118)

1BadSS 01-13-2007 10:05 PM

LMC Truck...

What an awesome place and friendly staff. Drove out there today to pickup a fender for my swap, and some other small parts. They wouldn't charge me until the fender was brought out and verified to be dent free. These guys are worth the cash to go visit. I went because i'd save $68 in shipping by driving 20mins down the road.

Anyone else have any good experiences with them? Their showroom isnt on par with Chevy Duty's Showroom, but they get your parts quickly.

PumiceMan 01-13-2007 10:25 PM

Re: LMC Truck...

I ordered a few odds and ends from them after my truck got hit. Everything showed up quick and was as advertised. So far I'd only gotten smaller stuff though - I'd been all set to plan a drive to KC on my way to Saint Louis and get fenders and a bumper from them when I stumbled on a local place called Bowtie Bits. Now I can get the same stuff locally.

jake60 01-13-2007 10:31 PM

I used them once and was very satisfied.

68 Stepside 01-13-2007 10:32 PM

There's a ton of bad going around about LMC, it's nice to see some good stuff brought up.

1BadSS 01-13-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 Stepside (Post 1984603)
There's a ton of bad going around about LMC, it's nice to see some good stuff brought up.

Their repop fenders also fit perfectly too, area heavier gauge than factory gm and were in great shape. All of the parts i've bought from them; internet and in person fit great and work great.

cstm68 01-13-2007 11:03 PM

i love lmc most of the parts that i have orderd have been through them or summit i get my other parts from the (dreamers rods and pickups northwest) showroom !

72armyswbtruck 01-14-2007 08:27 AM

you know that they aren't the only 67-72 truck parts place in KC don't you?
I wish that I could remember the other name
Does anyone else know?

larry may 01-14-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72armyswbtruck (Post 1985057)
Does anyone else know?

Are you thinking about MANES?

49studebaker 01-14-2007 11:23 AM

Very cool. I've been buying parts for my sons 91 S-10 and my 85 Chev for years there. haven't bought many 71 parts from them yet. Some don't care for them but so far I've had good luck. Who made the fender? Tri-plus or..?

chipflyer 01-14-2007 11:26 AM

Manes
Jim Carter
Chevy Duty (Classic parts of America)

I have bought from all 4 because I am close. Chevy duty does a have a beautiful showroom, its fun to go there. It just depends on what you buy at LMC, some things good some bad. I don't think they have any expertise, like most of the board vendors you will find on this site.

Jeff

1BadSS 01-14-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72armyswbtruck (Post 1985057)
Does anyone else know?

Chevy duty.

Chevytrux4me 02-13-2007 09:28 PM

I haven't purchased much from them in the line of truck stuff. However, their initial company, VICTORIA BRITISH, that sells restoration parts for old british sports cars like MG's, Austin Healeys, Triumphs, etc., has supplied me with LOTS of parts over the years for restoration work I've done not only on my own cars but on other folks' cars as well. I Always had good service from them, with good quality parts. And, with a reasonable price tag. I've found that no matter where you shop, there will always be maybe a little better quality item elsewhere or something a little different to be had. It's just what you're after, and sometimes what the budget allows. I've seen folks paying top dollar for parts from the 'best' vendors at shows, and six months later have a nicely rusted chrome bumper on their sports car. As for Vicky British/LMC, all the stuff I've received from them have been of good quality and with minimal problems. I hope the same research has been included in the location of their truck parts as with the sports car parts. Bottom line, if this company wasn't doing something right, they wouldn't be in this business, and adding new lines, after twenty years. :)

xmnfarmtruk 02-14-2007 07:41 PM

Bowties bits seem to have a good selection also. Havent ordered anything yet though. Anybody have good or bad luck with them?