The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   FINALLY! A gas tank with the correct filler neck for the Blazer Jimmy (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=791560)

SoCoC10 08-08-2019 08:27 AM

FINALLY! A gas tank with the correct filler neck for the Blazer Jimmy

1 Attachment(s)
Is it true? Someone is finally offering a gas tank with the correct filler neck for the Blazer Jimmy? Has anyone here confirmed this?

Here's the info I've seen. The Truck and Car Shop of Orange County.
Part #69-10710 $160 plus shipping

68panelman 08-08-2019 10:06 AM

Re: FINALLY! A gas tank with the correct filler neck for the Blazer Jimmy

Would be nice. From what I learned there is two different neck styles, 69-70 and 71-72 are different types. Until people start to purchase these and install, then we'll have real world results.

Toro 11-13-2019 04:07 PM

It's been a few months, just checking back to see if anyone has anymore info?

Toro 11-13-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 8626466)
It's been a few months, just checking back to see if anyone has anymore info?

I did find out this part is listed as a "Counterpart" brand. Which I believe is the Truck and Car Shop of Orange CA own wholesale brand? I know there are plenty of other part shops that sell the Counterpart brand, but I've only seen this tank which is described as "original style with correct fuel neck" on the Truck and Car Shop webpage/catalog.

royr 11-14-2019 12:09 PM

I installed this tank a couple weeks back. Purchased on Ebay from truckshop_oc. I messaged them and they created a listing that included the sender and straps. Question, why is one corner bent downward?

SeventyOne 11-14-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr (Post 8626916)
Question, why is one corner bent downward?

That's how the stock tank is.

Toro 11-14-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr (Post 8626916)
I installed this tank a couple weeks back. Purchased on Ebay from truckshop_oc. I messaged them and they created a listing that included the sender and straps. Question, why is one corner bent downward?

Were you replacing the original tank? How was the fit on the new one?

royr 11-14-2019 02:35 PM

SeventyOne, just curious the purpose of the bend.

royr 11-14-2019 02:46 PM

Toro, my Jimmy didn't have an existing tank, but this one installed and fit just fine. The tank fuel neck pointed directly towards the fuel fill neck. I put a length of fuel hose to connect the two. The only mod I had to make is to drill the holes larger on one end of the straps, no big deal though. Mine is not on the road yet and only has 5 gallons in it, so far so good.

I did have a straight neck tank from another company that I sent back when I found this one. This tank looks to be better made and the correct fuel neck is a huge bonus.

Toro 11-14-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr (Post 8626987)
Toro, my Jimmy didn't have an existing tank, but this one installed and fit just fine. The tank fuel neck pointed directly towards the fuel fill neck. I put a length of fuel hose to connect the two. The only mod I had to make is to drill the holes larger on one end of the straps, no big deal though. Mine is not on the road yet and only has 5 gallons in it, so far so good.

I did have a straight neck tank from another company that I sent back when I found this one. This tank looks to be better made and the correct fuel neck is a huge bonus.

That's good to hear. I'm in the process of changing my tank, and had just about decided to swap my original filler neck over to one of the new tanks..., until I saw this tank. All my original mounting hardware is still in good shape and I plan to reuse on the new tank. I believe they sell the tank and the pickup/sending unit without the new mounting straps.

royr 11-14-2019 03:51 PM

The original ad of Ebay was for the tank only.

hemi43 11-14-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr (Post 8626985)
SeventyOne, just curious the purpose of the bend.

Exhaust clearance?

SeventyOne 11-15-2019 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi43 (Post 8627136)
Exhaust clearance?

haha no idea why that one corner is bent.

myjimmyrocks 12-17-2019 12:08 PM

Does anyone have a link for this? I can't seem to find it. Also brothers seems to have it but I don't see the correct sending unit on there. Thanks

royr 12-17-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myjimmyrocks (Post 8644379)
Does anyone have a link for this? I can't seem to find it. Also brothers seems to have it but I don't see the correct sending unit on there. Thanks

Found this on Ebay, may be what your looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-1...item46a4700b53

Toro 12-17-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myjimmyrocks (Post 8644379)

The tank brand is "Counterpart" so it's sold through their storefront www.truckandcarshop.com but I'm sure it's available through other distributors that sell Counterpart.

The first post in this thread with the picture was taken from The Truck and Car Shop's Ebay page. It can also be found in their parts catalog available on their webpage. The tank description says "includes the proper filler neck".

Side by side photos can be seen here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=798258

myjimmyrocks 12-19-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 8644464)
The tank brand is "Counterpart" so it's sold through their storefront www.truckandcarshop.com but I'm sure it's available through other distributors that sell Counterpart.

The first post in this thread with the picture was taken from The Truck and Car Shop's Ebay page. It can also be found in their parts catalog available on their webpage. The tank description says "includes the proper filler neck".

Side by side photos can be seen here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=798258

Thanks for the info I found it

mister.freeze 12-23-2019 10:31 AM

what is the capacity? Apologies if I missed it...