The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   CPP or Not? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=763148)

Mudflat 05-03-2018 08:54 AM

CPP or Not?

Im needing a front sway bar and new panhard bar for my truck. Just lowered it with CPP products. How is their sway bar and panhard bar compared to other brands?
Been looking at Nolimits products and they seem nicely built.

demian5 05-03-2018 10:18 AM

Re: CPP or Not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflat (Post 8253401)
Im needing a front sway bar and new panhard bar for my truck. Just lowered it with CPP products. How is their sway bar and panhard bar compared to other brands?
Been looking at Nolimits products and they seem nicely built.

For the prices you can't beat them.

jessemthompson 05-03-2018 10:47 AM

I would just avoid ordering directly from them. Go through a reputable vender.

RodnRudy 05-03-2018 10:51 AM

I have both their sway bar and panhard bar kits on my 68 SWB fleet and am very satisfied with the quality. Order the parts through Summit and you'll get free shipping.

cornerstone 05-03-2018 11:19 AM

X2 ^^^ what he said.

68 P.O.S. 05-03-2018 11:20 AM

I have their rear sway bar and am very satisfied with it. Price isn't bad. It really makes the trucks stay flat in turns. I was going to get their front bar as well, but I personally do not like how it uses the end links, so I went with the bar from ECE that mounts the stock way.

demian5 05-03-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. (Post 8253508)
I have their rear sway bar and am very satisfied with it. Price isn't bad. It really makes the trucks stay flat in turns. I was going to get their front bar as well, but I personally do not like how it uses the end links, so I went with the bar from ECE that mounts the stock way.

Did it make that much of a difference? I have a factory 1 1/4" in front already and a 3/4 CPP drop.

Willie Makeit 05-03-2018 02:47 PM

2nd worst customer service out there second only to coy's wheels.

proceed at your own risk.

Jacoby 05-03-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 8253667)

I keep hearing this.

I'm about to pull the trigger on suspension and brakes and love their Grand Slam kit. I'm lazy and hate piecing stuff together. CPP is the only place Ive found that has it all in one kit

68 P.O.S. 05-03-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demian5 (Post 8253511)
Did it make that much of a difference? I have a factory 1 1/4" in front already and a 3/4 CPP drop.

Yes, for me it made a good difference. My truck had no sway bar and it was rough around turns and corners with all the body roll. I installed an ECE 4/6 drop & front sway bar and took it for test drive before the rear bar install, just to see. The front bar alone made a huge difference. After the test drive I installed the rear bar and it really tightened everything up. The truck stays super flat now and I feel it drives much better.

68 P.O.S. 05-03-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoby (Post 8253673)
I keep hearing this.

I'm about to pull the trigger on suspension and brakes and love their Grand Slam kit. I'm lazy and hate piecing stuff together. CPP is the only place Ive found that has it all in one kit

Try ECE, they have kits available and are well regarded on this forum

special-K 05-03-2018 05:00 PM

I'll use ECE over CPP every time. Check our review board. This thread here shows the most positive comments I have ever seen all combined. About all I ever hear is negative.

mike16 05-03-2018 06:41 PM

I rag on those CCP people because of some rude and unethical things they did to me, just to make a buck. it happend a while ago but I'm still reading horror stories about them 12 years later.

if you need it that bad then best of luck dealing with them, otherwise I would take my bussiness some where else.

leddzepp 05-03-2018 07:51 PM

I’ve used their parts for years, no complaints. Customer service at the counter is good, can’t speak for phone service or mail order as I’ve never gone that route with them. If I were to mail order their parts it would be from summit or jegs or another vendor, based on what others have experienced.

young grasshoppa 05-04-2018 08:42 AM

I also had a bad experience ordering directly from them, I would check to see if Summit has their stuff (cheaper and free shipping), or just use another company all together.

Willie Makeit 05-04-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoby (Post 8253673)
I keep hearing this.

ECE hands down. They'll costs a little more but you'll get a proven system and some of the best customer service anywhere.

Rufas 05-04-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 8253667)

I just ordered a set of Coy wheels and tires last month. Great customer service, good pricing, no problems with the order and arrived ahead of schedule.

Just saying....

Willie Makeit 05-04-2018 10:42 AM

consider yourself lucky. i for one won't take another chance on them. plus their wheels are a bit played out now.

Rufas 05-04-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 8254275)
consider yourself lucky. i for one won't take another chance on them. plus their wheels are a bit played out now.

I'am very old school and the Coy 5 spoke were exactly what I was looking for. You are the first I've heard that is not happy with them. I did research before ordering and nothing really stood out that bad against them.

I'm sure you had problems with them. Everyone fixing these trucks has problems with some company. My main company not to deal with is LMC. But that's another story.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4775/...26f3bd43_c.jpg