The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Crew Cab Headliner Plastic Trim Pieces??? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=814612)

EricU 11-17-2020 08:28 PM

Crew Cab Headliner Plastic Trim Pieces???

4 Attachment(s)
I have an 89 C30 (R30) Crew Cab that is missing the headliner and headliner trim pieces.
Sorry for the poor photos, my phone just doesn’t pick up the black on a cloudy day.

The 89 does have the trim piece between the doors under the upper seat belt mount (Yellow Arrow) but doesn’t seem to go up as high as the one in my 83 CC

EricU 11-17-2020 08:29 PM

Re: Crew Cab Headliner Plastic Trim Pieces???

3 Attachment(s)
These photos are from a different ’83 C30 CC

The trim piece that is between the doors is different than what is in my 89.

1) Are all of the CC trim attachment points the same during the different years?
2) Is the rear corner trim piece (Yellow Arrow and Square) the same on the Crew Cabs and the regular cabs? Or are the CC corner trim pieces larger?
3) Is the trim piece above the rear window (red arrow) the same as the regular cabs?

EricU 11-17-2020 08:29 PM

I have a donor Suburban (91?, Not shown) that I plan on pilfering the overhead console and some trim pieces if they fit.

4) Are the headliner trim pieces from the CC (Crew Cab) and the Suburban the same from the middle of the rear door around front to the other rear door?

EricU 11-17-2020 08:30 PM

And,
5) Does anyone know where to get some Crew Cab interior trim pieces?

Seems like there has to be a Square Body wrecking yard somewhere.

Thank you for your time!

SCOTI 11-18-2020 06:49 PM

Suburbans will be your 'go-to' for the pillar pieces between the F/R doors.

I believe the rear trim piece (above the rear window) is the same as a standard-cab truck piece (same for the front as well).

I believe the corner trim piece is also the same as the CC. The depth is similar to the standard cabs as far as seat mounting to the cab wall.

EricU 11-18-2020 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Scotti,

I need to head up to the local wrecking yard or find someone more local on C/L with a Squarebody for the rear window and hopefully this rear corner piece.

If this corner piece is the same, I should be good to go other than the little short connector piece above the rear door.

SCOTI 11-19-2020 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricU (Post 8837650)
Thanks Scotti,

I need to head up to the local wrecking yard or find someone more local on C/L with a Squarebody for the rear window and hopefully this rear corner piece.

If this corner piece is the same, I should be good to go other than the little short connector piece above the rear door.

I recall that piece is even the same on the burbs. I believe the trim piece covers the break between the front seating section of headliner & the rear roof area.