The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   pics from my trip (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=265722)

Longhorn Man 11-08-2007 11:45 PM

pics from my trip

OK... *IF* I have everything figured out.... then some photos will show up here. This is just a preliminary run. I only did a few photos. If all is good, I'll do more... LOTS more tomorow. (I actually have all summer's worth of pics to post)
Some one please let me know if they show up... or don't show up... or what ever!
This will be a photo thread of my trip from Seattle-ish Washington... to Columbus Ohio... the trip when I went to go buy this 72 burb off of board member CG (mark)

This was what i saw when I first got to CG's barn (that sounds like a southern grocery store doesn't it?)
Brad... who goes by the screen name of Brad... had already swapped out the passenger side door, he's ducked down in there tightening bolts when I took this shot... and that's his crap on the hood too.
First impression... not too shabby!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/DSCN0706.jpg

I'll be skipping QUITE a bit this evening... I'll post more details tomorow

Look at how much stuff is packed inside this sucker!
oh yeah, and the totally AWESOME job Ellen (ET'sC10) did on the lettering. This was all freehand! I was so totally impressed... very tallented woman.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/loaded.jpg

Again.... what everyone saw when I'd go screaming by them.
Ok... ok... when they'd pass me honking and giving me a one finger sallute.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...00/loaded2.jpg

Uh oh... Fuel leak. This was just a few miles from getting out of Oregon. Stopped at a truck stop for some fueland to chainge out the tire that blew a belt... I had been limping it for 100 miles or so already. But When I pulled from the pump to a parking spot... I smelled fuel, looked under and saw this
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/fuelleak.jpg
Did I mention I didn't even have a jack?
Time to improvise. My tubby self wouldn't fit under the burb, and I had no jack, so i opened the back and grabbed something... ANYTHING... to lift this tank up so i could stop the flow.
This shot is after fixing it, after ruining I think 4 of the sweet ass shirts Al made up. :(
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../fuel_leak.jpg

Time to get the heck outta here. Oregon is hard core about keeping there environment nice. So I had to hi tail it out of there. (I cleaned it up the best i could)
First i had to go buy a jack... and then a lug wrench after I twisted the 4 way tire iron I shipped from Ohio. This was on a Saturday if I remember... but I found a NAPA that was open.
Me hi-tailing it out of there; (BTW.. .this shot is real... yes, it was gravity assisted, but it was real. I was trying to hit the century mark, but had to lift due to the hairpin turn at the bottom of the mountain)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/speeding.jpg

Longhorn Man 11-08-2007 11:45 PM

Re: pics from my trip

Stay tuned till tomorow...
When I have lotsa road in front of me;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...0/the_road.jpg

And tell the story about getting it all behind me;
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../the_road2.jpg

classicchev 11-08-2007 11:48 PM

looks good to me.

Longhorn Man 11-08-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicchev (Post 2437604)
looks good to me.

Thank you.... I'll be able to sleep now not wondering if it worked.
Again... stay tuned till tomrow evening when i post lots of photos and storys... most of them will be true... or at least, based on a true story anyways. ;)

ksjh1316 11-08-2007 11:59 PM

Thanks for the pics was starting to wonder when the adventure/build thread would begin. That is a sweet burb love the color on it.:metal:

faribran 11-09-2007 12:05 AM

ok.. i am propped back.. with "coke" in hand... ready for the next chapter..... or chapters.....

bring em on...

Longhorn Man 11-09-2007 12:09 AM

not till tomorow. I have to make the pics smaller and load them up and all that jazz... it's 1/4 after midnight, and I gotta be to work at 7 a.m.
Think of this as a teaser. ;)

CG 11-09-2007 12:25 AM

I was wondering if you were ever gonna post up some road trip pics. I bet the ol burb felt young again kickin up its heels at close to 100 mph.

Bishops Trucks 11-09-2007 12:52 AM

Can't wait to see the rest and hear the story behind them.

stllookn 11-09-2007 12:55 AM

SWEEET!!!!! Love those pics...on the road today myself. All the way to Idaho...almost...Colville, WA! This is high entertainment...I can't wait!

Brad 11-09-2007 01:24 AM

Sweet pics! I'll stay here refreshing my monitor until you post more.:eek::drama:
The medic in me is cringing knowing how that burb was packed while you were doing 95. :tms:

IAFF2407 11-09-2007 03:29 AM

man that parking lot is going to be mush.
Andy you've got big bull boys going that fast. that sucker was loaded with a rocking back end. Bet everyone was pulling over to get out of the way. I wonder if anyone got on this web site to Josh or Liz to report you.:lol:

63 & 64 Bowties 11-09-2007 06:25 AM

Okay, it's tomorrow. We're waiting. Oh yea, you did say tomorrow evening, huh? This is too cool. Thanks for the pics. I love road trips.

Huck 11-09-2007 08:06 AM

ANDY, you are missing your calling in life~~~you have a wonderful gift in taking pictures and you should really consider a career change~~~beautiful pic's with great linkage to your trip!! Can't wait for the rest. Warren

72BlckButy 11-09-2007 08:21 AM

Great pics, and what a trip. Can't wait to see and hear more about it.

BACKYARD88 11-09-2007 08:36 AM

I'm subscribed Andy. Ready to see and hear the rest!

Frizzle Fry 11-09-2007 01:25 PM

Bring on the pics!!!

jsbgump 11-09-2007 01:54 PM

Man can't wait for more pics

jkaylor68gmc 11-09-2007 02:39 PM

You are the freakin man!!!!!!!

Tx Firefighter 11-09-2007 04:35 PM

Andy, put your pictures on photobucket. It's free, and you can resize them to message board size right there on photobucket. That way, you can post unlimited amount of pics in each post.

bad6772 11-09-2007 04:48 PM

Yah i cant wait for more pics....any of that back seat......lol

Sinister 11-09-2007 04:55 PM

:phat: Looking foward to seeing more pics. Roadtrips kick a$$...

Longhorn Man 11-09-2007 04:57 PM

I'll start resizing more here in a bit... gotta do my regular on line rounds first.
I'll aswer some questions and respond to comments here now though;

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 2437648)
I was wondering if you were ever gonna post up some road trip pics. I bet the ol burb felt young again kickin up its heels at close to 100 mph.

The burb did pretty good, even at speeds like this. It swayed quite a bit.. the front end is worn out and the shocks are doing nothing but taking up space... but once i got used to the way it swayed and rocked... it wasn't bad. I've bumped the century mark once since I got home, but didn't even have my cell/digi-cam... so there's no pics. :(
As far as if/when I'd get them up... between my digi-cam being a total POS, and not being able to upload the photos on here on each post like we've done for years (I think it's the camera's fault... I can still resize them properly, just not if they are off THAT camera). The other thing, my life has been total chaos since I got back. Doin this and that and trying to sell/scrap 2 cars (neither of which were mine) and all kindsa other crap that I don't really wanna share on a public forum... I'm just now... a month later... gettin the chance to chill for more than 20 min.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 2437711)
Sweet pics! I'll stay here refreshing my monitor until you post more.:eek::drama:
The medic in me is cringing knowing how that burb was packed while you were doing 95. :tms:

Brad... I was worried that i wouldn't get to post it all till you left. I'm so glad I made the cut off.
As for the medic in you and speeding... you would cringe at the crazy stuff I've done automotivly... This is only semi-crazy. :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAFF2407 (Post 2437761)
...Andy you've got big bull boys going that fast. that sucker was loaded with a rocking back end. Bet everyone was pulling over to get out of the way...

There's a fine line between ballsy and stupid... the jury is still out on which I am! ;)
Once it was loaded down, the rear end didn't knock anymore (bad bushings on the panhard bar) and was almost predictable on what it was gonna do.
As for ppl gettin out of my way... I know, and fully admit, that this kind of driving on a public road is moronic, and unsafe. I *usually* make sure there is NO ONE around... this time was no exception.

jb4short 11-09-2007 04:57 PM

Holy cow! That's brave...a couple weeks ago I crossed all of North and South Dakota and might have had cell service for about 20 minutes.

Longhorn Man 11-09-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huck (Post 2437879)
ANDY, you are missing your calling in life~~~you have a wonderful gift in taking pictures and you should really consider a career change~~~beautiful pic's with great linkage to your trip!! Can't wait for the rest. Warren

Warren... I've honestly considered it. But when ever i start getting cockey and thinkin I can take good photos... I realize it's 50% luck when I'm doing it. There was a photo or two on the road with Mike leaving your place that came out real good... You'll see them here soon... probably before the end of the weekend. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaylor68gmc (Post 2438338)
You are the freakin man!!!!!!!

I'm just a dude with no life man... willing to roll the dice.
I fully expect my next purchace/trip to be a disaster. I've had too many good ones to continue with good luck. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 2438428)
Andy, put your pictures on photobucket. It's free, and you can resize them to message board size right there on photobucket. That way, you can post unlimited amount of pics in each post.

Actually, i am hosting them here on the board now. In the gallery section. For what ever reason, I can put pics in there that are more than 640 wide or 100 KB's. The trouble I was having, in order to get my pics below the 100KB, they'd be so small it was stupid... like 250 to 350 wide. It was crazy.