The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Trim from LMC Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=206062)

MJN 07-20-2006 01:26 PM

Trim from LMC Truck

Well I figured I'd buy new upper and lower trim for my '74 pickup. First it was backordered for two weeks, then I got the cab and front clip trim. It is wavy, rippled and doesn't fit the body line of the truck at all. The box trim hasn't come yet. I'm still waiting for that to be delivered, it was damaged in transit but LMC never notified me of the delay and neither did UPS. I'm done ordering from LMC, low quality and poor service.

lilred67 07-20-2006 01:50 PM

Re: Trim from LMC Truck

i have ordered some stuff from lmc and most was ok.but i ordered some kick panels with speakers for my '67 they would not even come close to fitting without major surgery, so i sent them back.i buy from other vendors now...

Nolowrider 07-20-2006 02:54 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad expierence. I have never ordered anything from them, but I was fixing to. Maybe I will look somwhere else. Thanks for heads up.

PHOENIX 07-20-2006 03:58 PM

I purchased some grille trim from them for my '83 C10.
It didnt fit around the drivers headlight correctly.
The finish of the product itself was not as good as it should have been.
Some of the other things I ordered from them was ok.
Not sure if I will order from them again though.

special-K 07-21-2006 07:54 AM

I only order parts I can`t find anywhere else,or at least readily.I don`t buy trim at all.Last week I was putting the rear leafs on my K/20 (`72) and had to cut the shackle eye-bolts.There`s no way the shank was coming out of there,so I ordered new shackles from them since I wouldn`t have had a chance to get to the dealer and they were prolly discontinued (they`re different from 2wd and post-72).I was surprised to see they were GM parts,although they were prolly jacked-up on price.I ordered`72 K/20 tie-rod ends for the same type truck once,cuz no one had them.But,I was lucky I had a n.o.s. tie-rod since the threads were stripped and no one has those.
I`ve been getting their catalogs since they started selling GM truck parts,those are my only two orders.Both good experiences,just be careful.

PHOENIX 07-21-2006 12:48 PM

I orders a switch and some other parts awhile back and some of them were AC Delco parts.

bryanw1968 08-15-2006 05:42 PM

The thing I don't like about LMC is that they state they will "try" to get you American made parts but cannot garuantee that they won't come from china or some other sub standard place. Impala Bobs is another place that will gouge you.

layedoutnoma 08-15-2006 05:54 PM

so where is the best place for replacement parts? opinions and expieriences welcome

mbgmike 08-16-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHOENIX
I orders a switch and some other parts awhile back and some of them were AC Delco parts.

unfortunately some ac delco parts are made in china also. Its just a fact of life. Mfg has gone overseas. India is the new upcoming country in my opinion for auto parts mfg. They make alot of stuff over there.

bryanw1968 08-16-2006 10:36 AM

Early Classic is a good place in my opinion.
I'm sure there are others out there that are also good but I personally have dealt with these guys and had good experiences.

byrd 08-27-2006 09:39 AM

How about the board venders, we should try to use them as much as possible. Plus you can talk to these guys and get real info from them, with places like LMC, they don't know squatt about vehicles, just a little customer service rep.LMC also does not use there own parts to build stuff like the board vendors do, and they can tell what to look out for on quality fitment issuse, just my .02

krue 08-27-2006 11:17 AM

:agree: Here's a link to the list.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=36&a=10

wibilly 08-28-2006 12:19 AM

thanks for the link krue i don't think i ever found that page

Fred T 08-28-2006 11:25 AM

I can highly recommend GMC Pauls. Not only a board supporter, but most everything they stock they have used on these trucks, so they can and will give you installation advice based on experience.

lowrollin70gmc 08-28-2006 08:44 PM

I agree, spent $450 for a grill, was wrong year grill. Ordered from GMCPauls and she's correct. I do use LMC's catalogs for the diagrams out in the garage, as they are helpful for reassembly and as visual aids.

larry may 09-17-2006 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJN (Post 1761816)
Well I figured I'd buy new upper and lower trim for my '74 pickup. First it was backordered for two weeks, then I got the cab and front clip trim. It is wavy, rippled and doesn't fit the body line of the truck at all. The box trim hasn't come yet. I'm still waiting for that to be delivered, it was damaged in transit but LMC never notified me of the delay and neither did UPS. I'm done ordering from LMC, low quality and poor service.

I have been wondering when a good thing may come to an end. I've bought several items from LMC. Never had a problem . Was almost to good to be true. As mentioned else where in here . Overseas is doing alot of the restoration stuff. So mabe LMC has sold out to them . Like you I will be on the watch for a good repot for vendors. Thanks for the tip.....