The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Coil over single adjustable v double (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=851960)

Belsh 04-13-2024 07:07 AM

Coil over single adjustable v double

I'm about to purchase the QA1 coil over conversion kit with upper and lower control arms for my 70' C10, just curious if you guys think I need the double adjustable over the single?
I came to the conclusion from previous posts on here that the QA1 is superior to the CPP so already spending more just not sure if I need to spend another $300 to get the double. My truck will only ever be a cruiser so don't need anything fancy geometry wise, I'm really just converting for the way it looks and the ability to adjust the ride height.

Thanks as always

Joyridin 04-13-2024 08:42 AM

Re: Coil over single adjustable v double

Unless you are going to race it where you need to set-up the suspension to certain situations, you are probably wasting $300. My truck rides great with single adjustable coilovers.

PbFut 04-13-2024 10:31 AM

Even single is a bit much for a cruiser. I used doubles on a extremely modified road racer. After 20 years, I was still chasing my tail on the settings. Track condition, corner balance, tire pressure, bar size, spring rate, all affect the equation. Then fine tune with compression, and finally rebound on the shock. Change one thing and everything else is affected as well. I don't know the shock you are referring to, but I expect the single adjustable will be in the rebound side of things. That is good as it will affect ride quality the most. Do not buy doubles. You will never use the compression adjustment on a street cruiser. You will find that once you find the setting, you will not change it. Doubles are like having 800hp. You might use that level of performance a whole 2 or 3 seconds in a month. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I am just offering one perspective that I am sure others will disagree with.

Belsh 04-13-2024 10:37 AM

Thanks for that guys, I figured I didn’t need it but thought it best to check on here 👍🏻

HO455 04-13-2024 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PbFut (Post 9303989)
Even single is a bit much for a cruiser. I used doubles on a extremely modified road racer. After 20 years, I was still chasing my tail on the settings. Track condition, corner balance, tire pressure, bar size, spring rate, all affect the equation. Then fine tune with compression, and finally rebound on the shock. Change one thing and everything else is affected as well. I don't know the shock you are referring to, but I expect the single adjustable will be in the rebound side of things. That is good as it will affect ride quality the most. Do not buy doubles. You will never use the compression adjustment on a street cruiser. You will find that once you find the setting, you will not change it. Doubles are like having 800hp. You might use that level of performance a whole 2 or 3 seconds in a month. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I am just offering one perspective that I am sure others will disagree with.

X2 on this perspective!