The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=444414)

CC69Rat 07-30-2018 11:02 AM

Re: 1969 C10 SWB - Big Block project

I sold it to Ed here on the board. Nlped I think is his 'handle. He already has it on the lift doing stuff to it., it's going I be interesting no doubt.

nlped 07-30-2018 07:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CC69Rat (Post 8311901)
I sold it to Ed here on the board. Nlped I think is his 'handle. He already has it on the lift doing stuff to it., it's going I be interesting no doubt.

Yeah it is, and I sure hope to build a cool one.... Thanks for helping with the inspection & purchase Chad!

Gratuitous pics added...

68 TT 10-09-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNeck (Post 7978976)
We finished up the installation of the new side windows and added the door panels, NOS arm rests and door handles and window rollers today. The PUI door panels have a small embossed Chevy bow tie at the top center. I'm not sure if that's the way the originals looked, but I sure do like it!

Question: Is there a specific way the window crank should be "clocked", or does it really matter? We're thinking about turning them to point to the 10 o'clock position.

POP

I know it is a little late on the reply but I just started getting caught up on the build and had a valid comment on this that might help you or others out.

I set them up so the window crank handle knob is not at a location that the driver or passengers knee will hit the knob if it swings sideways against the door while driving around. This happens a lot more than you might think. This may not sound like much of a deal but it doesn't take long with one set up with the knob in an orientation where it is in contact with the knee to bend the window handle enough to make contact with the door panel and cause damage to the vinyl or paint and metal panel. It also loosens the knob on the handle too.

You can find a spot that does that and works for both window up and down if you drive it that way or just one that looks the best with the windows down for shows.

knomadd 12-18-2018 05:33 PM

TOTY voting is live right now until December 31st. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=777419

I'm not sure if the new owner is a board member, but I voted for this beauty anyway. Good luck!

NoNeck 01-01-2019 03:54 PM

Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for this truck for TOTY. It was an amazing adventure working with Chad to build a truck that the new owner can enjoy for years to come. We are honored to have been a small part of this amazing group of guys. Makes me want to start work on the next one, so we will be lurking. :metal:

Thanks again guys!

POP

CC69Rat 05-18-2019 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this one up today !

I'll start a tread on the 73-87 side. This is the nicest square I've ever driven. I found it at an incredible price too. Original miles, rust free, right as rain.. I drove it home and honestly I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Planning a 4.5/6 Static, some sort of wheels and tires, rear sport bumper and a red 3 spoke Corvette wheel. Some minor stuff, the front spoiler is cracked, one of the Sun visors is a little loose, stuff like that. I'll probably never do another frame off but I just couldnt pass this one up for the money. I'm just going to drop it and take it to Goodlettesville in July.

merlin3 05-01-2020 05:13 AM

Did those valve covers ever fit? i am having trouble finding covers like that to fit mine, thanks truck looks good.