The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Floor heat diffuser (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=851673)

Richard 03-28-2024 02:58 AM

Floor heat diffuser

2 Attachment(s)
Attached a couple of pictures of my floor heat outlet. Do the square/rectangular openings require a door that can close or open? Took this out a long time ago and am converting to factory type A/C-heat boxes. There are some doors that can be opened in the heater core enclosure. Wondering if those should be in lower heat outlet. Maybe someone cut the holes before I bought the truck? Any input would be appreciated.
Richard

purple gas 03-28-2024 11:58 AM

Re: Floor heat diffuser

That looks like the whole Kit & Kabootle to me.
They weren't very fancy back in the day.

Richard 03-29-2024 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple gas (Post 9299564)
That looks like the whole Kit & Kabootle to me.
They weren't very fancy back in the day.

Thank you for taking the effort to reply. If it looks like the factory stock piece I will run it as is. Need to get it installed on the truck now.

Steeveedee 03-29-2024 09:31 AM

I'll go take a look at mine when the sun comes up, but that looks right, from here.

Steeveedee 03-29-2024 11:31 AM

Yup, looks like mine- w/ factory AC.

Casper42 03-29-2024 12:55 PM

that looks spot on correct. the nearest open/closing door is the part to the right (passenger side) that connects to the part in your pic, which controls the flow from dash to floor to vents-if A/C model

Richard 03-30-2024 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9299926)
Yup, looks like mine- w/ factory AC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casper42 (Post 9299955)
that looks spot on correct. the nearest open/closing door is the part to the right (passenger side) that connects to the part in your pic, which controls the flow from dash to floor to vents-if A/C model

Thanks to Steven and Casper for further confirming my part is unmolested. This part is only used from my heat only system. All the other A/C parts I have were obtained from other trucks years back.
@Steeveedee would like to take another peek at your truck. Forgot you have factory A/C. Will help me a lot.
@Casper42 There are some small square openings on the bottom of the heater core enclosure that can manually be opened up. That is what I was referring to.

Steeveedee 03-30-2024 12:09 PM

The truck could use some exercise. I'll give you a call.

Richard 03-31-2024 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9300304)
The truck could use some exercise. I'll give you a call.

Thank you for coming by today. It was good to see you again and I enjoyed the conversation. The opportunity to see your factory A/C was a big help for me as the books do not always make it clear for me. Maybe we can get together when the weather is a bit warmer :)

Steeveedee 03-31-2024 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 9300511)
Thank you for coming by today. It was good to see you again and I enjoyed the conversation. The opportunity to see your factory A/C was a big help for me as the books do not always make it clear for me. Maybe we can get together when the weather is a bit warmer :)

You are welcome. It was fun watching hail come down, too! :lol: