The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Stereo-FINALLY (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=781608)

custom10nut 02-17-2019 09:07 AM

New Stereo-FINALLY

I finally “pulled the trigger” on my new stereo. I figured since I put the current on in 22 years ago (Jensen AM/FM cassette), it’s time to upgrade.
The reason for the thread is I’m hoping that I went the right direction.
I ordered the Custom Autosound unit from Classic Industries.
It’s a fair price and has the features that I want (Radio and a usb to hook up my iPod), a has the look of a factory radio.
I read a lot of reviews on the unit, but wanted to hear from y’all on the quality, and also I’m hoping Classic Industries is a good place to deal with.
I usually have another “go to” vendor I use (I go right to their store), but they don’t carry what I wanted.
I can’t wait to get it installed:metal:

El Dorado Jim 02-19-2019 05:46 PM

Re: New Stereo-FINALLY

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom10nut (Post 8467909)
I finally “pulled the trigger” on my new stereo. I figured since I put the current on in 22 years ago (Jensen AM/FM cassette), it’s time to upgrade.
The reason for the thread is I’m hoping that I went the right direction.
I ordered the Custom Autosound unit from Classic Industries.
It’s a fair price and has the features that I want (Radio and a usb to hook up my iPod), a has the look of a factory radio.
I read a lot of reviews on the unit, but wanted to hear from y’all on the quality, and also I’m hoping Classic Industries is a good place to deal with.
I usually have another “go to” vendor I use (I go right to their store), but they don’t carry what I wanted.
I can’t wait to get it installed:metal:

dont know anything about the one you bought, I installed a "retro sound" stereo in my son's truck

JerryIndy2112 02-19-2019 08:44 PM

I will watch this conversation for sure. The truck I bought has a DIN stereo in it that died years ago. First thing I did was cut it all out. That and the shag carpet. I am looking at a few options for stereo. I have seen the retro sound and other look a likes. I am curious how good they sound. I am a bit hard of hearing, but love good sound. I have a lot of "do first" projects for my truck, but I want to enjoy my music on my weekend drives. So please keep us posted on how it all works. Are you matching your stereo with and amp? What kind of speakers? Sub woofers? I look forward to how it goes

Jerry

Lanman1972 02-19-2019 10:20 PM

Read more reviews for Custom Autosound. My .02 cents.

custom10nut 02-20-2019 09:05 PM

Thanks for replies. I think this is going to suite my needs fine. I don’t need anything thumpin crazy. Besides, I mostly just listen to the radio but want the option of my iPod every so often. My old unit has a cassette player , but I recently realized I’ve only have five or six old cassettes left.:lol:.

CG 02-20-2019 09:25 PM

Weird when I think about it, none of my 67-72 trucks have even had a working radio (or my 62 Unibody hot rod truck).

Maybe the next one?