The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   It's a Blazer....its not a Bronco (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=691031)

dutchmanz 12-09-2015 09:37 AM

It's a Blazer....its not a Bronco

1 Attachment(s)
Everywhere I go its the same thing. Now the FedEx driver does it. Agggh. I had to share. You guys know the struggle.

GMC-YA68 12-09-2015 12:04 PM

Re: It's a Blazer....its not a Bronco

Hahaha! That is a classic slap in the face!! Love it.

Wasted Income 12-09-2015 02:40 PM

Nice. You should ask him why he's not wearing his brown shorts next time you see him.

I stopped at the Subway in my town a couple months back, driving the K/5. Two young high school kids working at the time...the one is like "cool car, what is that?"

The other kid about jumped the first kid's azz, and was like "DUDE, that's a K/5 Blazer!"

Color me impressed. I didn't think many of the younger guys gave a crap about our old junk anymore :)

87Skier 12-09-2015 03:39 PM

I had a guy at a convenience store saying how much he loved mine except...

He kept calling it a K/4. Didn't know how to correct him on that.

Dirsuper 12-09-2015 09:07 PM

My wife's father.....every single friggin time anything comes up about either of them......I am waiting for him to call my C20 an F250! Young ones are starting to dig these things though. My '88 K5 is my DD and in the past month I've had 4-5 younger dudes in various vehicles beside me at a light, passing me, in a parking lot, whatever either comment something like, "That is an awesome.......truck." As well as ones give me a 'thumbs up' and a big smile while moving or sitting at a light.

1956cameo 12-11-2015 08:44 PM

It's starting to get where you have to be kinda impressed if a kid even knows what a Bronco is. Hard to imagine that they haven't made the Blazer or Bronco in almost 20 years. I was with my neighbors and we saw a white 90s Bronco and I made an OJ reference and his teenage son was totally blank faced as to what that was.

special-K 12-18-2015 10:28 AM

What bugs me is people calling a Jimmy a Blazer or people using "Blazer" to cover both. Especially GM guys. Yeah, it's a PIA to say or type Blazers & Jimmys (shew, I'm tired), but that's why all you have to say is "K/5" and you have both covered

Wasted Income 12-18-2015 11:11 AM

Now you're just getting nit-picky! lol

'68OrangeSunshine 12-22-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7414667)
What bugs me is people calling a Jimmy a Blazer or people using "Blazer" to cover both. Especially GM guys. Yeah, it's a PIA to say or type Blazers & Jimmys (shew, I'm tired), but that's why all you have to say is "K/5" and you have both covered

Well no, not exactly. The GMC Jimmy 4x4 is a K/1500, the Chevy Blazer is a K/5. I know that the only difference was the trim level, grille, MSRP and 4 vs 2 headlights, but GMC didn't badge the Jimmy as a K/5, not even a ''K/750'' [which would be the mathematically correct designation if a K/10 = K/1500].
All that being said, I sometimes [perhaps sarcastically] refer to my own K/750 as "The Blazer", especially if talking to someone who wouldn't know the difference.

cleszkie 12-23-2015 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Try having a hood like mine. Makes even more people think its a Bronco. I also used to own a Bronco that was nearly the same color as my Blazer. Talk about adding to the confusion!