The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   89-91 Suburban core support (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=75978)

Dropped90Burb 11-08-2003 03:06 PM

89-91 Suburban core support

Well guys I need some help. The wife wrecked the suburban and I need a core support and or a whole clip for a 89-91. Ideally I would like to find a whole burb for CHEAP but I know that's gonna be tough. That way I can take all the parts off that I need. I need the radiator, oil cooler, core support, passenger fender, hood and all grill pieces. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! :flag:

KShortell 11-10-2003 12:11 PM

Well, I know the major aftermarket guys like LMC, Cheyenne, etc. sell those pieces. But, for sheetmetal, it's nice to stick with OEM from guys like Golden State Pickup Parts, etc....

It's expensive to go OEM, though. Good luck!

Krosati 11-10-2003 10:00 PM

There are many of these in the salvage yards. Use the Net to find a yard willing to sell the entire front clip. It will be cheaper than buying part by part. New OEM stuff will set you back $2000-3000, and a clip can go for $1500.
Good luck.

72MARIO 11-13-2003 08:43 PM

He y welcome to the burb wrecking Club ! I wrecked my dad's Burb this summer and we are putting a 91 clip on our 87. We have the oil cooler if you want it Our truck does not have the lines running from the motor.

Have any before pics ? I would love to see a droped Burb. Must have looked sweet.

Dropped90Burb 11-13-2003 11:59 PM

:(Sorry man I never took pics of the before. How much do you want for the oil cooler and what do you think the shipping would cost to California?

72MARIO 11-14-2003 06:31 PM

Well shipping would be cheeper than gas :) Um what ever the oil cooler is worth to worth to you. Did you find a clip yet ? Is the frame bent ? I bent the frame when I hit the jerk in front of when I went to pass him and he turned in his freeking driveway. It took about 6-7 hours to get it back to where it needed to be. Man you wife must feel like crap ! Was it her daily driver or yours ?
Holy crap look at all of my questions !

Talk to you later.

Dropped90Burb 11-16-2003 12:14 AM

Hey Mario, I don't know what to offer you for the oil cooler because I dont know what it sells for new. I haven't found a clip yet but I'm still looking. I went to a couple of wrecking yards in my area and saw nothing I could use(lots of rusted and dented sheetmetal) :whine: I think I'm gonna have to just get a piece at a time(low funds)starting with the core support and go from there. The frame is not bent! Since it is lowered, the other car completely missed the bumper and just hit right at the grill. The bumper didn't even get a scratch!!

jerry moss 11-16-2003 01:49 AM

my local wrecking yard has a blazer of your style if you're interested. last time i was there, the grille was the only thing missing. i thought about the whole clip for my 84 sub but i've already rounded up all the parts to fix mine back to original. p.m. me if you're interested and i'll p.m. you their number. it's in the east bay of the s.f. bay area.

ElGracho 11-16-2003 02:36 AM

GM parts for these actually aren't that bad. I think the core support is about $200 and you can get those fenders for about $225 a piece. The grille is about $200 and then the headlight doors are like $60 each. I just bought all this stuff this spring for my 86 pickup.