The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I need to get something off my chest (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=42063)

dion 02-24-2003 11:33 PM

I need to get something off my chest

Excuse me but I need to vent, WHATS WRONG WITH LONG BEDS???? All I see are people saying that they are worthless and too long and ugly etc...I think they are just right. I love all old trucks and would never say "Oh, it's only good for a work truck" about any of them. I had a guy tell me something the other day, he said that he thought it was really cool that someone was restoring a longbed since everybody and thier mother these days has a dropped short bed with ralley rims and why would anyone want to have the same exact truck as the next guy down the block? Don't get me wrong, I really like short beds but I decided to get a long bed after looking at them all. Worthless? It all depends on what is put into them, I see long beds going for 15K and I've seen shortys going for $1200 I'm really getting sick of this bad mouthing of a classic truck just because it's a long bed. I really try to keep my opinions to myself but lately I've been seeing some damn ugly trucks and if the future of the 67-72 Chevys is flourescent green with 22 inch rims then I'm selling my truck and buying an old car.

67cst 02-24-2003 11:37 PM

dion---you brought up some good points, i admit i like shortboxes more then longboxes IN MOST CASES but not all, ive seen the odd 71-72 cheyenne with a bb and all the good options and id rather have that over a pain jane 6 cyl swb....

bigjimzlll 02-24-2003 11:40 PM

I know what you mean...I had some guy said "boy that sure would be a sweet truck if it was a short bed" then I layed 100 feet of smokin black marks..screw em all...I like what I like and to hell with the rest of them

Joesjunk 02-24-2003 11:41 PM

Longbeds all the way!! Some shortbeds are cool though. Notice I dont own a shortbed?? :bowtie:

Snowbound 02-24-2003 11:43 PM

I think it's just that the long beds are just more common, therefore not as desireable to some. I really like the long beds and longhorns, but they are everywhere around here. I like to be different, so when I found a short bed at a good price I scooped it.

I agree with you on the trend of slammed, wild colors and 20" plus wheels, as I prefer a more subtle sleeper look. But others have different tastes.

Old cars are cool too ( I wasn't looking for a truck when I found mine) but cars are WAY over priced these days.

Here's to long ones! Uh, that didn't sound good.:canada:

Gee_Emm 02-24-2003 11:46 PM

I see a long bed club starting up in the near future

frost89434 02-24-2003 11:47 PM

I own a shortbed. But I would also own a longbed. I think that they are all great looking trucks.:bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie:

70c10 02-24-2003 11:48 PM

bigjim, I can definitely see you doing that too with your hopped up motor. Dion, your truck is awesome man, alot of people would love to have your truck. I love my truck but I admit I think it would look better if it it was a short fleet. I like em' all!!!!

weasel29gm 02-24-2003 11:58 PM

Dion, I think you have one of the better lookin' lwb trucks on here. I had 72 lwb and loved it. As far as price if its clean & straight I don't see a big deal in the$$$$. I perfer swb's but someday I want another lwb. In fact looked at 68 lwb Sat. to rough for me. So I'm with you bro glad you you got a lwb!!!!

Slammed67 02-25-2003 12:03 AM

Some people don't like long beds and some people don't like "flourescent green trucks with 22 inch rims". To each his own. Mine used to be a long bed, but I definalty like it better as a short bed. It's like the difference between a 2-door and a 4-door '57 Chevy. Sure the 4-door's are cool, but the 2-doors are much cooler (in my opinion). Just a matter of taste. I wouldn't let it bother you. All that matters is that YOU like it.

Although I think yours would be cooler if were a short bed! :) (just kidding)

imdarren 02-25-2003 12:12 AM

Dion,
I am just getting into these old trucks.
I looked and looked for that perfect truck.
I looked at short beds and long beds.
I chose a 67,C10 LONG BED!!
I love it.
I think it's how well they are kept / rebuilt.
A perfect looking long bed (LIKE YOURS!!) turns my head much quicker that a beat up truck that someone lets go to he!!
Just so you know....
My dream truck is a 72 3/4 Ton 4X4 LONG BOX Cheyenne Super with AC, Tach, Tilt, and all the options!
With no rust of course. And original paint!

You have one of the DAMN NICEST TRUCKS ON THE BOARD!!

Darren

mikep 02-25-2003 12:17 AM

I wouldnt say its the difference between 2 and 4 door 57 chevies. I mean the 2 doors are stylish classics and the 4 doors ...arent. It all depends on where your'e at too . We almost never see short fleets around here . I saw the first short fleetside I have seen in several years in a parking lot the other day . I had to stop and turn around to get a better look. To me it looked all out of proportion . Almost like a big Nissan or something. 80% of the 67-72's I see around here are 3/4 ton long fleetsides and to me thats the way these trucks are supposed to look. Anything else is a novelty . This is truck land . Most of the vehicles you see on the road in this area are trucks and the bigger and longer the better. I guess I'm just used to being bigger and longer.... the truck.

krazy_texan 02-25-2003 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the way i look at it a truck is a truck and some are better than others, but the way i look at it you want a sporty truck make it a sporty truck if it is a longbed make it sporty and be different, i am still in highschool and go to school with a bunch of rich kids whos daddies buy them these nice little shortbeds like ford lightnings and stuff but i still put up a good fight with my 3/4 ton longbed and actually beat some of them and i love every bit of it

crazy longhorn 02-25-2003 12:20 AM

I like Extra loooooong chevies! Nothing wrong with a longbed truck......the longer they are, the smoother they ride. crazy longhorn:bowtie:

Slammed67 02-25-2003 12:27 AM

Awwww.... You don't think my fo-doh five-seven is stylish????? That really hurts....

http://www.jayspot.com/images/57/57-4.jpg

brad2 02-25-2003 12:28 AM

I think they are all cool. Besides how much fun would it be if we all drove short beds with 22'S.......boreing!

BLAZERMAN 02-25-2003 12:29 AM

Tell people you own a long stepside and see what kind of greef you get.:mad:

67cst 02-25-2003 12:34 AM

LOL BLAZERMAN

mikep 02-25-2003 12:39 AM

Hey man I'd be diggin on that 1 ton long step 4WD . Reminds me of the trucks my dad used to bring home on the weekends when I was a kid when he was out working on big TVA construction projects all week. Bridges , Nuke plants , dams and stuff. Red Mud! They'd always have a few long step one ton 4wd's around the motor pool.

1971 Cheyenne 02-25-2003 12:41 AM

LONGBEDS ALL THE WAY! I actually used to be obsessed with shortties, good thing i couldn't find one and bought a longbed. Longbeds have really grown on me, and i wouldn't trade my old beauty for one of em ever!

'71

Chevy Wrench 02-25-2003 01:02 AM

I think that Chevy trucks are cool. Not just shorties, my 40 Chev truck isnt either. They didnt have short or long beds back then. Afterall, trucks are for...er...work, right?

Bowed 02-25-2003 01:06 AM

Some trucks look better in long bed length .

hecticblasts 02-25-2003 01:08 AM

There's nothing like the sound of my tailgate shutting after I loaded 5 or 6 sheets of plywood on the bed.:D HF

Gene 02-25-2003 01:10 AM

I prefer shorbeds wide or step, I like them all. Long, short, tall, low..etc...

Mine used to be a longbed, I cut the frame and put a shortwide bed on it. My first truck was a longbed and I loved that truck! To each his own, I would never dog a longbed because its long. I have seen longbeds that put my shortbed to shame.

Theres always gonna be some idiot that is jealous of what you have and tell you theres something better out there:rolleyes: , but as long as you like your ride thats all that matters.:cool:

ckhd 02-25-2003 01:36 AM

I prefer an 8' bed. I've had the '69 K10 swb for a long time (umm, 15 or 16 years). I wanted a K20 lwb for a long time before I found the one I wanted. There was even a time I would have traded someone my swb for a lwb.