The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Steiner NEVER ending build by Bomp (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=774570)

Ronzo 03-29-2019 07:43 AM

Re: Steiner NEVER ending build by Bomp

You have been a busy man, following.

pdxhall 04-01-2019 01:12 AM

It's good to hear from you and that you are going to get some truck time.

Bomp 04-09-2019 11:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks Fellas,
So I sold a bunch of stuff at the Big Portland Swap Meet at PIR (Portland International Raceway).
At the meet I met up with this guy who lives and breaths LS/Turbo installs.
Last year he was at the meet. He had a 76 or 78, doesn't matter cause it was a kick @$$ sleeper truck. Has done 25+ setups under his belt.
Long story short I thought about that motor all year. No money/shop packed. No worky on Steiner, Moving all dads Crappy, Life kinda sucky...
Here's a pic what the LS guy brought this year.
So Im going to tell whats has been bothering me about the Steiner build.
1. Frame/ air ride
2. Throw tons of money at a 327 out of a Corvette and modest power gain.
~ Funny thing~ You know these 327's are ALWAYS out of a Corvette. Never an Impala, Caprice, school bus, mail truck, grandma's grocery getter or a pinto (yeah, I know Pinto,, F0rd). Surprised since there are soooooooo many 327's Ford didn't put one in their Pinto. ALWAYS out of a Vette. I think they made 680,000 Corvette 327's to each Vette produced.

I dug out a Turbo 400 to get it rebuilt, Cleaned it up some, going to clean it up more.
Got a '91 frame to jam a LS in. Or at least thats the plan.
I tucked away the cash from the meet, sold the South Bend lathe today, put that cash away safe too. Things are getting going again.:D
Thanks for looking in Fellas

Grizz1963 04-10-2019 02:08 AM

Now that is all good news the Bomp way.

Really good to hear Greg.

Small steps.

aggie91 04-10-2019 09:09 AM

Good to hear you got some cash for your projects. I sold a Southbend lathe last year that looked just like yours. I wish I could have kept it, but needed funds for other parts of my life...

Bomp 04-10-2019 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 8504081)
Good to hear you got some cash for your projects. I sold a Southbend lathe last year that looked just like yours. I wish I could have kept it, but needed funds for other parts of my life...

Freed up some cash and much needed floor space. I have this old Jet, have done a lot with this one.

mjh1965 04-26-2019 03:18 AM

Glad to see you back at it . I myself have also restarted after a break. Work , money(lack off ) and house sometimes get in the way .

clemdaddy 04-26-2019 07:43 AM

Me too... glad to see.
Someday i hope to evolve to an LS conversion. Maybe doing just one will show me that it's the way to go, but what am I going to do with all those Corvette motors.

Thanks for posting up again, been missing it.

Bomp 05-13-2019 12:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks Fellas,
Not much to tell but I did find a book with tons of knowledge I plan to use. A useful tool in the arsenal of knowledge.
Transmission is at the shop being built as you read this.
Attachment 1903232Attachment 1903233

808_67C10 06-12-2019 12:49 PM

BOMP! Its been a while! Good to see you back as well.. Need more pics of the beast.

namloc 07-04-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 8524829)
Thanks Fellas,
Not much to tell but I did find a book with tons of knowledge I plan to use. A useful tool in the arsenal of knowledge.
Transmission is at the shop being built as you read this.
Attachment 1903232Attachment 1903233

Right on, Good to see the fire burning. The Snortin' bull almost 3 years driving still I'm not done . Ride's on air (full bagged) with a triangulated four link rear , a home built frame. With your skills and more reading keep learning Steiner will kick azzzz.

Bomp 07-08-2019 11:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Minor update just cause.
So after the cleaning of my dads place (28 cars, umpteen trailer loads of scrap)
Now the over flow field has to be delt with.
"Over flow field" you say?!!!!???
YES over flow field.
He had roughly 30 cars stashed away here but has whittled it down to the last 12 which I am taking care of.
Pics and irrelevant info about them.
1. '57 big window truck project, modified car frame. Nothing bolted down.
Frame scrapped, bed pulled off, cab SOLD.
2.'57 4 door wagon. Cleaned up, listed to sell.
3.'57 Pink 4 door. Sold
4. '57 4 door hard top which he cut the top off to pass off as a 2 door. Long story. Sold
5. '57 4 door just brought home waiting to be cleaned.

Bomp 07-08-2019 11:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Also the Caprice which turned into a night mare at the scrap yard.

White elCamino I have to go after, (remember riding in that car when I was a teen).

And Last the Black '57.,
All the other cars in the back ground are from the owner of the property and two other gentle men I've never met.

I did remove 12" out of the GMC frame to forward the "short box" project.

Don't count me out just dealing with all this other things at the moment.
Later Fellas

SCOTI 07-08-2019 01:39 PM

I imagine the winch you're using is about ready for you to get back to your projects vs. the clean-up efforts :lol:

clemdaddy 07-09-2019 09:30 PM

Way to go Bomp. Feels good to scratch off another list of to-dos. Steiner will patiently wait for your return. Stay cool Bro...

jlsanborn 08-03-2021 08:29 PM

We need to see the truck and read something funny here!!

rustbucket66 08-14-2021 11:14 AM

Doctor Bomp! Good to see you back. You've been busier than a one legged man in an azz kicking contest. Steiner needs a little love now. Look forward to your posts.

Bomp 08-14-2021 04:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My oh my how the time has slipped by.
Thanks for checking in Fellas.
Been busy getting things done around the place.
Some pics of the Pallet board fence and a gate built to keep buyers from roaming the back area like lost chickens.
Before the plant shut down (26 years of service) I hauled 109 7 foot pallets home to build a fence. yeet yeet <---- whatever that means but the neighbor kid yells it at his friends all the time. cool I guess so yeet yeet it be.
Good thing cause wood sky rocketed in price. I made another section of fence twice whats pictured on the other side of the property along with pieces for the gate.
And yes,,,, after the fence was built the Wifey said she'd like the pear tree taken down:dohh:
Can't remember if I ever mentioned I sold the Orange '72 but I did. Bought this dually and built the bed and boxes for it. Pictured hauling 26 pallets at a time.
I did get 4 more doors to try my hand at building new ones for Steiner. Was never happy with the old ones. More cut and paste to be had.
Ya'all take care and think of me the next time you do a burn out.:metal:

Grizz1963 08-14-2021 04:34 PM

Great to see you checking in here mate.

You are missed.

And I do not do Instagram etc.

72 tigger 08-14-2021 06:52 PM

Good to hear from you Bomp

jlsanborn 08-17-2021 09:37 PM

That worked but we need to see them poor doors and the TRUCK!

Low Elco 08-18-2021 12:21 AM

Sorry to hear about the plant. What's the next move? Great lookin' fence/gate!

pdxhall 08-18-2021 01:10 PM

It's good to hear from you. The fence looks great but it's time to get back to work on Steiner. You've done too much great work to let it sit. Some more pics would be nice, also, if you get a chance.