The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   47-59 What do you think??? Are you impressed? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=816762)

_Ogre 01-10-2021 07:10 PM

What do you think??? Are you impressed?

OGRE

i'm REBRANDING myself from ogre or _Ogre to OGRE! are you properly impressed? :D
i spent millions coming up with this NEW IDEA!!!
and it will cost millions, possibly billions more to convert all signs, paperwork and personal stationary
not to think of what it will cost all my subsidiaries to convert

you can read more in my PRESS RELEASE new-logo-is-the-biggest-branding-fail-of-2021-so-far, BUT THE YEAR IS YOUNG

:D:D:D:D:D;)

1project2many 01-10-2021 07:27 PM

Re: What do you think??? Are you impressed?

1 Attachment(s)
Ugh...

Not yours.

Theirs.

whitedog76 01-10-2021 07:58 PM

Do we refer to you as, "OGRE," formerly known as ,"Ogre," in order to avoid confusion?

MARTINSR 01-10-2021 09:34 PM

So this is what your new name will look like, Prince style? https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/ogre...-161790406.jpg

Brian

mr48chev 01-10-2021 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:uhmk:

nvrdone 01-11-2021 10:09 AM

just because a leopard changes his spots does that make him a house cat???

_Ogre 01-11-2021 02:21 PM

i actually expected more of a reaction for a gm/chevy truck forum

https://i0.wp.com/jkvdxu3faz4qgr2j6w...8&w=300&crop=1

OGRE formerly known as Ogre :crazy:

mr48chev 01-11-2021 02:52 PM

General Motors rolls out new lowercase ‘gm’ logo to stress EV future

Rather meaningless to anyone except the ecology freaks.

It makes lots of work for the guys who work at the sign companies though.

JdavUGA 01-11-2021 04:38 PM

Where does the GM, sorry, gm logo even exist outside of corporate?

1project2many 01-11-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

i actually expected more of a reaction for a gm/chevy truck forum
Gave up giving a d*mn about each new bad choice GM makes about 5 years ago. Some of the new technology is impressive but the brand is just a name. China is their main market now, anyway.

gigamanx 01-18-2021 09:06 AM

...Will you be arriving on one of these giant skateboards?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGQxVxIK7OY/maxresdefault.jpg

Russell Ashley 01-18-2021 12:15 PM

OGRE, you should use softer colors and rounded corners so you will appear "more inclusive" like GM.

_Ogre 01-18-2021 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dang, gotta go back and spend a mill more

G&R's57GMC 01-19-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ogre (Post 8866210)
dang, gotta go back and spend a mill more

Oh ya that's the ticket .

The upper case makes you look important and the soft green make you feel approachable .

Well DONE sir , let the change proceed asap .

Now for gm , the switch to a lighter shade of blue is good . It coveys the electric feel as does the lower case rounded m .
But the lower case g feels like the company is shrinking , less important , of less value .

I would have done an upper case rounded G and equal size lower case m in the same font they used with the rounded corner square .

The upper case G would not give the feel that the company is devalued as the lower case g does .

But what do I know ... I'm only a lowly consumer who perceives the new logo as the company is on the rocks and fading fast .
It's shrunk it's car lines Pontiac , Olds , Saturn , Truck lines
Heavy Duty , Medium Duty , Hummer , RR Engines Electro-Motive , Sold Delco , Delphi and other subsidiaries .

But what do I know .

Tempest67 01-19-2021 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It has been sad to see a once great giant company fall.

looks like they used the same marketing company that Goodwill used.

I guess they are both 'Charity' cases now.

gigamanx 01-19-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest67 (Post 8866546)

Not even in the same league! GM used a gradient and everyone with Photoshop knows that gradients and lens flares are where its at!

_Ogre 01-20-2021 05:46 PM

sorry guys... no serious thoughts allowed in this thread

OGRE formerly known as simply ogre

1project2many 01-20-2021 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Somehow the logo kept making me think of Rosey Robot.

1project2many 01-20-2021 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not complete without wing handles.

b-mac 01-21-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest67 (Post 8866546)

Just a heads up: the Goodwill CEO makes over $2 Million per year. It's no charity.

Take your hand-me-downs to the Salvation Army.

my56chevytruck 01-22-2021 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=_Ogre;8862124]*

OGRE

i'm REBRANDING myself from ogre or _Ogre to OGRE! are you properly impressed? :D
i spent millions coming up with this NEW IDEA!!!
and it will cost millions, possibly billions more to convert all signs, paperwork and personal stationary
not to think of what it will cost all my subsidiaries to convert

you can read more in my PRESS RELEASE new-logo-is-the-biggest-branding-fail-of-2021-so-far, BUT THE YEAR IS YOUNG

you've got my attention!!

Russell Ashley 01-22-2021 01:32 PM

The county I live in just paid $123K to a "design firm" to come up with a new logo for the county. It looks like something kids do with a compass where you draw a circle and then dissect the circle by putting the point of the compass on the line and forming an arc. The follow up costs for changes like this are where the real expense comes in.

joedoh 01-22-2021 02:31 PM

constantly impressed OGRE™

1project2many 01-22-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Ashley (Post 8868020)
The county I live in just paid $123K to a "design firm" to come up with a new logo for the county. It looks like something kids do with a compass where you draw a circle and then dissect the circle by putting the point of the compass on the line and forming an arc. The follow up costs for changes like this are where the real expense comes in.

Does a county even need a logo? Isn't a simple color pattern more than enough to identify a municipal association or department. The city I work in paid big $$ for a new paint job and wording that indicates one truck is part of a "rapid response team." None of the other trucks in the team have the wording, and only a portion of the color scheme is present. I don't know how to interpret that. Are these guys a little slower to respond? Are they applying to join the team but haven't been approved yet? I don't even know what city division the truck is part of. Water has a unique shade of blue, parks have a unique shade of green, highway / DPW uses orange or white/orange with city logo. I thought the "Rapid Response" truck was a shopping cart recovery company the first time I saw it.

The company I work for chose to rebrand a few years ago. The old logo was very recognizable but I agree that it was out of date. So now our name is all lowercase, soft colors, allwordsmergedintoone, and doesn't say a dang thing about what we do. This is in part because the public reported through surveys that they didn't know what we do. I dunno... Maybe we've become a secret organization and the employees just haven't been informed yet. "brandx: We don't know what we do and neither do you!"

Folks have been copying art deco since it was first introduced. Victorian styling is classic and repeated. Early Western American type and appearances are quickly identifiable. I really wonder how this period of nondescript design will fare. Heck, you can't tell the difference between a Ford and a Chevy truck or a Chevy and a Honda car.

_Ogre 01-23-2021 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
our county and city both have logos, city logo looks like someone dropped a box of letters and pencils
i probably paid dearly for this