The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   got screwed by inline tube (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=327124)

NYC-10 02-04-2009 05:48 PM

got screwed by inline tube

ordered 3 stainless flex lines and hard line for rear axle-all were wrong,they insist they sent me the right lines.I sent pictures and they still say they sent the right lines.Returned the whole deal and they charged me $50 restock on a $187 bill.You may be thinking maybe my truck doesn't have stock components but I reordered with Classic Tube and everything came correct and fit nice.Inline tube has horrible customer service and would never buy from again.They also bad mouthed the company I received the correct line from saying I got lucky getting the right lines.Buyer beware

oldno7 02-04-2009 06:24 PM

Re: got screwed by inline tube

I have also ordred from inline and the same prob. I won't ever go back. I ordered a whole truck kit. They sent one for a 76 instead of a 67. I did use some of them, but I had to rebend them. I actually still have some in the garage. I had to fight and scream and then just gave up. (screw them) oldno7

69sixpackbee 02-04-2009 06:27 PM

Looks like they get the "Wanker Of The Week" award!

ChevLoRay 02-04-2009 06:30 PM

Let the buyer beware.....and we have a terrible economic environment and these companies still want to treat customers this way?

Reminded me of IECO, in California, back in the late 70's/early 80's. Apparently, the experience I had with them was one of many.....and they went out of business.

heyjoe 02-04-2009 06:46 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!
I am looking to purchase lines - I won't be ordering from Inline Tube.

NYC-10 02-04-2009 06:47 PM

I want to stop payment on my mastercard but I don't want to loose the $135 they are giving back to me.The $50 they kept won't make or break me but it's point that they are so stubborn and cannot admit they are wrong,not even an apology.If your going to steal from me at least pretend you feel bad about it.

leddzepp 02-04-2009 06:56 PM

Thanks for the warning....I won't be buying from them! Rest assured with that kind of attitude, they will be out of business.

Sears tried to pull that crap on me with a dishwasher one time. "Re-stocking" fee? What, I pay you $50 just to go put it back on the shelf? Guess where I have not shopped since then...and guess who looks likely to go out of business by the end of this year?

krue 02-04-2009 06:59 PM

That sucks! Let me know when this thread has been seen by most everyone and I'll move it to the Review Board for you.

kevinr1970 02-04-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYC-10 (Post 3125374)
I want to stop payment on my mastercard but I don't want to loose the $135 they are giving back to me.The $50 they kept won't make or break me but it's point that they are so stubborn and cannot admit they are wrong,not even an apology.If your going to steal from me at least pretend you feel bad about it.

I am not sure who you could talk to but it seems to me that if you made the mistake; you pay a re-stocking fee. But if they made the mistake then you should be getting a full refund.
Try the BBB in ther state. If it is your home state all the better.

It's not the amount but the principal.

pcmcobra 02-04-2009 07:50 PM

I tried ordering some brake hoses from them awhile back, said I wanted some braided front hoses for my truck, the rep on the phone asked me "why"?
I hung up.

69sixpackbee 02-04-2009 08:49 PM

Just tell them..."restock this!"

Bowtie468 02-04-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69 1/2 Six Pack Bee (Post 3125604)
Just tell them..."restock this!"

:lol: I ordered stainless lines from them last year . Of course, they fit and didnt have to return them. I'll surely keep this in mind for the next time i need lines.That kind of service is totally unacceptable. Why not forward them the link to this thread and see what they say !

CG 02-05-2009 01:39 AM

Someone should just email them this thread so they can watch it grow.

Walts_restoration 02-05-2009 11:59 AM

I bought several fuel lines from pump to carb from them and had great service. But, IIRC, the lines werent perfect, but i didnt expect them to be, you cant get the bends right for as many vehicles gm ran with a quadrajet and all the small differences.

But i think you should get your money fully back, thats their fault, not yours.

sjarrett71 02-05-2009 10:52 PM

I bought lines for a 75 Trans Am from them. The rear line was wrong, probably a good 12 inches too long, but they insisted it was right. I ended up fixing it myself. I haven't ordered anything from them since.

renegade6 02-23-2009 01:23 PM

This is good to know. I'm getting ready t order some stuff.

special-K 02-23-2009 02:52 PM

I was very happy with what I got from them and have recommended them tp alot of people.I hop none of them got screwed.The guy on the phone could be friendlier.

Tim Christian 02-28-2009 07:10 PM

Special K, I have to agree with you I have used and sold there lines with very little problem at all.

mbgmike 03-01-2009 11:24 AM

We have had VERY little problems with In-line tube. I can't say that for Classic Tube. I would never order anything from them ever. All companies have problems with at times. Sometimes its due to employees that are new or people quitting and not completing what they said they did. Sometimes misslabled boxes etc. But poor customer service is no excuse. We only charge a fee to someone when they simply change their mind. Even then we don't always do it. Mainly when its a specialty part and our supplier charges us if we return it. We sell products from Right Stuff so we do not really have much dealings with either company anymore.

renegade6 12-14-2009 10:13 PM

I ended up ordering from them and I'm very happy with their service. I thought they messed up on an order but, they didn't but despite my ignorance, they sent me a couple of extra parts. Excellent service:metal:

msgross 12-14-2009 10:15 PM

I still have a complete set in the box, hope they fit... I ordered them 9 months ago.

byrd 12-19-2009 02:09 PM

I have used Inlinetube twice for full truck kits and they were flawless and a great fit out of the boxes both times. All prebent lines will need a little tweaking by hand, not much but a little.
I would not hesitate to use them again...

Shock_Me 12-23-2009 12:16 PM

I ordered a complete stainless kit from them a few years ago. Everything was perfect except for the parking brake cable. They sent a long wheelbase one instead of the short version. My order was correct, it was their mistake.
I phoned customer service, and in a less than friendly reply, he told me to ship back the wrong part, (at my expense), and they would ship me the right part, (at my expense).
I cut the longer cable down myself and used it.
Never again!

stsalvage 01-20-2010 07:26 AM

well I have one for all you use the credit card call the credit card tell them that you have tryed to make peace with them and say they riped you off they will get you all your money back trust me that company dose not want to lose the right to expected master card or visa card or discover cus if they do there out of business

Gene 02-24-2010 09:43 PM

I had good luck with them, guess I got lucky. My kit fit front to back and even ordered transmission and fuel lines from them.