The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   top banana parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=426250)

truckdude239 10-16-2010 07:20 AM

top banana parts

2 thumbs up thanks for the great and fast shipping on my order. Look forward to doing bussiness with you again!

Top Banana 10-27-2010 05:48 AM

Re: top banana parts

Thank you for the opportunity David!

Captainfab 11-27-2010 12:11 AM

X2 :thumbs:
I've had a good experience on two orders with Top Banana Parts. I will be doing business with them again.

tazattitude 12-02-2010 07:28 PM

I agree...Just got my shipment from Top Banana! Fast service and shipping

A++++++++++

jchav62 02-17-2011 10:44 AM

Agree!!!! Great service....fast shipping... awesome quality.

mbgmike 02-21-2011 10:55 AM

I am tryin to buy a smoothie:lol: but no answer. Where in the heck is St louis Customs?????????never heard of them
I tried to buy on website but it gave me all kinds of errors call me 832-452-2865 or pm.need bumper quick

Top Banana 02-21-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgmike (Post 4501975)
I am tryin to buy a smoothie:lol: but no answer. Where in the heck is St louis Customs?????????never heard of them
I tried to buy on website but it gave me all kinds of errors call me 832-452-2865 or pm.need bumper quick

There's no doubt in my mind that that was operator error. The counter kid looks like he drank too much during the Daytona 500.......give him a few minutes to crawl in and call the toll free number

St. Louis Customs is in St. Louis.

mbgmike 02-21-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 4502001)
There's no doubt in my mind that that was operator error. The counter kid looks like he drank too much during the Daytona 500.......give him a few minutes to crawl in and call the toll free number

St. Louis Customs is in St. Louis.

can't find them in St Louis

I drank too much also. will call in

JNJchev77 07-25-2011 11:14 PM

Just got the 73-74 argent/chrome grille from Top Banana and it is awesome. They also helped me out with the mounting brackets for the conversion. Not sure how soon they'll be in production, but they are all quality pieces. The grille is very nicely done. Great service, fast shipping! I will definitely be doing business here again!!

Top Banana 08-05-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNJchev77 (Post 4810623)
Just got the 73-74 argent/chrome grille from Top Banana and it is awesome. They also helped me out with the mounting brackets for the conversion. Not sure how soon they'll be in production, but they are all quality pieces. The grille is very nicely done. Great service, fast shipping! I will definitely be doing business here again!!

Thank You!

Any pics of your progress?

JNJchev77 08-05-2011 11:14 AM

None quite yet... I am getting the motor buttoned up and installed and then the front clip will go back on. Just haven't had too much truck time lately!

lwb66step 11-24-2011 01:36 PM

website is down :(

N2TRUX 11-25-2011 02:53 PM

Go here -http://www.topbananaparts.com/servlet/StoreFront

Top Banana 12-03-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwb66step (Post 5028473)
website is down :(

we weren't even aware this happened:

We experienced an outage on Thursday, November 24, 2011, at 4:30a.m. PST, that lasted several hours.

The root cause of the outage was due to an employee at our data center accidently triggering the Emergency Power Off system. Getting storefronts back online took some time as this was dependent on a series of steps required to restore power to the data center in a way that would not cause damage to the general hosting infrastructure. From the time power was restored to our environment, storefronts were back online within thirty minutes.

Our data center is designed to the highest industry standards – it is classified as a Tier 4 Data Center based on the standards of the Up Time Institute. We have fully redundant solutions in place and we test these critical capabilities on a regular basis. That said, human error in this case lead to an unfortunate series of events and many of our merchants were affected.

We take this issue very seriously, as we recognize that our customers are small business owners who depend on their technology systems to function reliably. We're working hard to make sure that this doesn't happen again, and we will be waiving your monthly Successful Transaction Fees on your next invoice.

We apologize to merchants affected by this disruption and wish you a successful holiday selling season.

lowdownstar 12-20-2011 07:41 PM

how are your front bumpers for a 1955 2nd series? Do you have two different grades of bumpers? I want one that is really nice.

Thanks Ray

Top Banana 12-21-2011 11:01 AM

Ray, we only have one grade of bumper. It is the nice one though, 5 year warranty, triple nickle chrome, and IN STOCK!!! Give me a call at 877-654-2287 and I'll help you out.

tazattitude 12-27-2011 08:54 PM

Top Banana tailgate. Also got a few other parts from them.
Great service. Fast shipping.
had one small problem where I ordered my tailgate, but it came as a GMC instead of Chevrolet. The pic on the website showed CHEVROLET, but the description said GMC. Had the problem resolved quickly though. Did some bodywork on it (chain holes and some minor welds) and had it painted ready for the show in 2 days. Got a photoshoot out of it!!!! :)

Thumbs up for TB!

jmedero 08-24-2012 09:41 PM

I think I'm going to go with a smoothie paintable bumper for my burb. Glad to see goo dealings from Top B.
Posted via Mobile Device

meter swinger 11-01-2012 05:34 PM

Top Banana,
Do you have rear bumper brackets for a 59 fleetside? I saw that you have bumpers on your website but couldn't find brackets.
Posted via Mobile Device

kf4jfk 03-26-2014 09:47 AM

I, for one, am disappointed in the customer service, or lack there of, from TopBananaParts.com. I recently wanted to give them a try, but could not get them on the phone. I tried multiple times and finally someone answered. I took the opportunity to place an order and thought everything was fine. It has been now over a week and I have nothing. Top Banana is located in Virginia and I'm located in Mid TN. With UPS ground shipping should take no longer than 2-3 business days.

I have tried to call now 19 times today and yesterday and still no one picks up the D@mn phone! I have since (yesterday) placed the exact same order with the Truck Shop in CA and already have a tracking number and they are en-route as i type this post. I will no longer be dealing with Top Banana for my parts. I just hope I can get my $$$ back for the order placed.:devil:

Ratpin 04-09-2014 09:06 PM

I kind of agree with the guy above me. I have tried to order a large amount of parts and could never get anybody on the phone. I also sent emails with questions about part discrepencies on thier website and they never returned my email, so I have been buying from thier competitors now.

The products can be the best in the world, but if there is no customer service to speak of I think I'll pass. I placed my orders through Mar-K and ClassicParts.com and someone always picked up the phone on the first ring. You may want to take some lessons TopBanana.