The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622971)

Stoney 01-29-2015 03:21 PM

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

Very nice build.

rusty76 01-29-2015 05:22 PM

Thanks for the updates.

tune_1 01-29-2015 09:54 PM

Kevin, Looks great glad to see the progress and it looks like you should hit your deadline.

Dwight

y5mgisi 01-29-2015 11:04 PM

Thanks for answering my questions on the paint!

ChevDog1 01-30-2015 04:38 PM

Kevin, I had a blast watching this build. You absolutely nailed it. Most original idea I have seen in a long time. Don't change a thing!

I was going with a retro and minimalist plan on my truck, and it just looks like another "cookie cutter" square next to yours.

Again - outstanding job!

bh86 01-30-2015 04:43 PM

Love this truck

4x4toy 02-01-2015 07:49 PM

Nailed it again. Love your builds.

lilpoindexter 02-06-2015 11:54 PM

Very cool build. Very fun to read build up.

WATCH OUT FOR YOUR CORNHOLE!!!

killthewabbit 02-07-2015 09:04 PM

Did you ever get the Little Larry's valves sorted out?

SkinnyG 02-07-2015 10:28 PM

This turned out very cool. Not at all what I expected, but I find the finished product captivating and intriguing. Jolly good show!

Hankster 02-08-2015 10:59 AM

Looks good man, I stubble across your page on instagram last night.. Bout flipped out! lol I havent been keeping up with this thread because we just got internet again! Looks awesome man!

cable666guy 02-08-2015 02:50 PM

Kevin, your builds are the ones I come to time and again to see how you got around a problem. Your attention to detail is right up there, too. Your truck(s) turned out great !

Sodell 02-15-2015 07:57 PM

Kevin, I like the blue and white. Nice build..what is your last name, so I can find you on FB?

Randy S. Hager 02-22-2015 11:33 AM

WOW............I've been lurking again but WOW!!!! Kevin that truck came out fantastic as usual for your builds. Yep.....my truck is still sitting in front of the garage! I'm back in Italy until May 15th but I will at least start pulling my truck apart and getting something done on it when I return. I still have the old style V6 in storage if you decide to go that route in the future. I have bought a newer balance shaft V6 for my truck as I have come to the same conclusion you had back last year. I'm not going to haul anything that heavy and it's not for drag racing. With the newer ECM I can also run E85 or anything in between with the sensor in the fuel line..........FLEX FUEL SQUARE BODY!!!

Hart_Rod 02-22-2015 12:03 PM

Sweet build.

mcbassin 03-25-2015 07:58 AM

How's the truck treating you Kevin? Have you been driving it much? New pictures?

Chevy-Art 04-08-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter (Post 6977783)
...the Little Larrys valve block has turned out to be a piece of sh1t. I'm going to have to go into it and see what I find. It leaks though. I'm kind of skeert that I'm going to have to completely redo my air system for something other than the LL valves.

This is a slick truck/project. What happened with the Little Larry Valves? I need your attention to detail, you do some awesome work. And I appreciate you showing us this project, and your other projects.

Sodell 04-19-2015 11:09 AM

Hope Kevin is OK, been a while...

IADC43 04-19-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodell (Post 7139240)
Hope Kevin is OK, been a while...

+1
His attention to details and doing it right inspired me to want to up my game at my repairs.

naphtali5725 07-27-2015 05:17 PM

any updates??

flashed 07-27-2015 05:33 PM

I think Keven has left the building ,I sure do miss him too.

imjeff 07-27-2015 10:59 PM

Me too! Anybody know where he went? He okay?

SCOTI 07-27-2015 11:21 PM

He usually has a lot of irons in the fire (life, family, work, his business, projects). When he loses interest in something it's just one of those things. Won't matter what he's working on.... it will come out well built.

Sodell 07-28-2015 09:46 PM

Strange....

68Timber 07-28-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodell (Post 7256923)
Strange....

Not really. He knocked out three project trucks back to back. In one of those threads he said he was neglecting his farm and other things he wanted to do and was about to get away from trucks. This place is a crack-house for truck junkies so it kinda makes sense he quit cold. He mentioned leather working projects a few times and the tools he'd bought getting into the hobby, I'd bet he's indulging that and catching up on projects around the house.

flashed 07-28-2015 10:29 PM

He also had some motor cycles in the works if I remember right ,I just miss his attention to every little detail .Regardless ,I wish him all the best and if he ever misses old trucks he will come back.

mrmontebuilder 11-18-2015 05:25 PM

Kevin, hope all is well with you. I have read the builds of this truck, the Hillbilly Deluxe and the 90 4x4 more times than I can count. Each time I spot something new I missed before and learn something new.

Your trucks are all nice when you get done with them and I would be proud to call any of them my own. Do I agree with every single thing you do ? No, however, the quality and attention to detail cannot be faulted at any level and I respect the effort that goes into it all.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us , it is greatly appreciated. I don't own a Chevy truck any longer but the lessons learned from you and others here will be applied to anything I work on.

Thanks!!!

aggie91 04-07-2016 10:30 AM

Anybody heard or seen Kevin? I was trolling craigslist in the Dallas area a few weeks ago, and I could have sworn I saw a post of a cab for sale that was this truck's cab. Can't find it today...

Just wondering what's up with him. I know he was leaving here for awhile, but hope he did not part out this truck....

darkhorse970 04-07-2016 11:23 AM

I saw him a few weeks at Decatur Swap Meet. He's doing well, but I'm not sure what's going on with this truck.

daddyjeep 04-07-2016 12:43 PM

I'm sure all of my friends on my Jeep forums are asking the same questions about me and where I went. Since I am in the middle of my Truck build and the Jeep is done (well, functional) I spend my time here. If we spend all our time on forums we won't be able to get our projects done.

Westwind 08-16-2016 04:34 PM

One of today's postings referenced this build - Very Cool

moregrip 01-06-2017 02:42 PM

wow! Awesome freakin thread man! Love the finished product.....just read this from beginning to end over the last 2 days! :metal:

Definitely in the inspirational category! thank you!

83GMCK2500 01-06-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moregrip (Post 7816684)
wow! Awesome freakin thread man! Love the finished product.....just read this from beginning to end over the last 2 days! :metal:

Definitely in the inspirational category! thank you!

Be sure to read his other threads, links in his signature. :metal: It's a crying-ass shame he isn't an active member anymore.

Average Joe 01-06-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 (Post 7816688)
Be sure to read his other threads, links in his signature. :metal: It's a crying-ass shame he isn't an active member anymore.

Yep!
Sharp dude with some great how to threads and incredible attention to detail.