The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendors Marketplace (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Camaro Caliper Brackets (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=382633)

Captainfab 04-08-2011 12:35 AM

Re: Camaro Caliper Brackets

I checked out the Centric Camaro calipers on rockauto.com, but there wasn'r much info on just what you are getting. It didn't say whether or not if the bracket is included. I would be curious if anyone has bought these yet, anf just what all is included.

As for the hub size, I have found there to be a bit of tollerence with the hub bore on the various rotors. If you do find that you have a slightly tight fitting rotor, you could likely take care of it yourself as long as you are careful and take it slow. You could either remove material from ther axle hub, or from the ID or the rotor, with a file, or maybe a die grinder with a flap wheel. We're talking about only a couple thousandths.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project1970 (Post 4606628)
Yeah, no core even. Love Rockauto!

I checked Centric, the Impala rotors are based on a 3.07" hub size and the 5-lug C10 drums are on a 3.10" hub size. Order custom axles, or just have a shop turn .03" out of the inside diameter of the rotor?

71Longbed 06-11-2011 11:56 PM

i have a question about the brake line tubing since your changing to disc would that mean you would have to change the brake line tubing to 3/16ths instead of 1/4?

Captainfab 06-12-2011 12:42 AM

I haven't seen any info that shows any advantage of using 3/16ths versus 1/4". Unless you're re-plumbing your truck anyway, I would leave the 1/4" line to the rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Longbed (Post 4730615)
i have a question about the brake line tubing since your changing to disc would that mean you would have to change the brake line tubing to 3/16ths instead of 1/4?

71Longbed 06-12-2011 08:09 PM

i need to replumb because there is no line there whatsoever right now should i go with 3/16

Captainfab 06-12-2011 11:57 PM

All the GM factory 4 wheel disc cars and trucks that I remember looking at were 1/4" line to the rear. So I know 1/4" will work, but I don't know for sure about 3/16".

Edit: I just realized I should clarify something. The 1/4" line to the rear, would just be from the proportioning valve to the hose that goes from the frame to the differential. Then from the tee on the end of the hose, the lines should be 3/16" to each wheel.

Nova_Cobra64 06-17-2011 02:41 PM

I am at the stage of starting to put my chassis back together with this setup for rear brakes. I did a quick review of the discussions here and didn't notice a direct answer about the e-brake cables. Do the factory cables work just fine? Any simple mods needed? I need to buy new anyway, just wondering if there is a kit that would make more sense than going with the factory setup.

Captainfab 06-17-2011 04:09 PM

By 'factory cables' are you referring to the factory truck cables or the factory Camaro cables? I don't think either one will be a simple connect and work situation. I would think a combination of the two, since the Camaro cables will fit the bracket on the calipers. Then you will likely need to connect/splice those into your original truck cables. Alternately, you may be better off with made custom cables once you figure out the required lengths. If you don't have someone local that can make up the cables for you, I believe a couple of the suppliers that specialize in brake line tubes, can make them up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova_Cobra64 (Post 4740580)
I am at the stage of starting to put my chassis back together with this setup for rear brakes. I did a quick review of the discussions here and didn't notice a direct answer about the e-brake cables. Do the factory cables work just fine? Any simple mods needed? I need to buy new anyway, just wondering if there is a kit that would make more sense than going with the factory setup.

71Longbed 08-16-2011 07:54 PM

also interested if any one has hooked up the e-brake cables if so how

Captainfab 08-16-2011 11:45 PM

I haven't installed a set of these but I am going to try and look into this issue and see what I can come up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Longbed (Post 4848896)
also interested if any one has hooked up the e-brake cables if so how

Nova_Cobra64 08-16-2011 11:54 PM

Good stuff. I've been meaning to get mine mounted and figure out the cable setup but it is one of the smaller "loose ends" type of projects that I have put on the back burner to get the ball rolling on some of the major items. It'd be cool if somebody gets a setup figured out before I get to that point, but if not I'll be sure to share whatever setup I come up with.

TRUKLUVR 10-07-2011 03:55 PM

JOHN! All i need is a mailing address to send my money order to. Please give me a call at (613)7357691.if no answer please leave voice mail. email at home does not work.Just need call from you to set things in motion-thanks karl (TRUKLUVR)

Captainfab 10-07-2011 11:26 PM

I'll try and give you a call tomorrow (Saturday)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUKLUVR (Post 4940710)
JOHN! All i need is a mailing address to send my money order to. Please give me a call at (613)7357691.if no answer please leave voice mail. email at home does not work.Just need call from you to set things in motion-thanks karl (TRUKLUVR)

Captainfab 10-09-2011 11:58 PM

I called yesterday and left a message.......

71meangreenc10 10-31-2011 01:29 PM

Has anyone actually made this work and driving with this kit? I am looking for pics of the complete set up. I have bought the kit and have the parts list for it, just trying to get a visual of the parking brake cable set up with the info that comes with it.

Thanks,

Smitty

dznucks 10-31-2011 02:06 PM

Are these brackets still available?

Captainfab 10-31-2011 11:10 PM

I'll see about getting a Camaro e-brake cable, and hopefully I can find time to get something figured out for you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71meangreenc10 (Post 4983276)
Has anyone actually made this work and driving with this kit? I am looking for pics of the complete set up. I have bought the kit and have the parts list for it, just trying to get a visual of the parking brake cable set up with the info that comes with it.

Thanks,

Smitty

Captainfab 10-31-2011 11:12 PM

Yes, these are always available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dznucks (Post 4983325)
Are these brackets still available?

71meangreenc10 11-03-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 4984297)
I'll see about getting a Camaro e-brake cable, and hopefully I can find time to get something figured out for you guys.

Thanks CPTFAB,

Just want to make sure I am not going down the wrong path with the park brake.

Also:

FENCO brand calipers come with the park brake mounting brackets new and installed, most parts stores I have checked only sell the rear caliper without anything.

Smitty

jbice70gmc 11-10-2011 12:14 PM

I'll take a set for my 70 GMC. P/P sent.

jbice70gmc 11-10-2011 12:46 PM

Don't know if it matters or not but I have ordered a set of 5x5" axels from mosier. I have the early model 70 GMC with the narrower rearend. Thanks

Captainfab 11-11-2011 12:56 AM

Your payment has been received, and your brackets shipped today. Thank you for the purchase :)

The one thing you will want to be sure of on those axles, is that they make the drum/rotor register the correct size for the rotors. The register hole on the rotors are aprox 3.06"

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbice70gmc (Post 5001663)
I'll take a set for my 70 GMC. P/P sent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbice70gmc (Post 5001695)
Don't know if it matters or not but I have ordered a set of 5x5" axels from mosier. I have the early model 70 GMC with the narrower rearend. Thanks

jbice70gmc 11-12-2011 02:03 AM

Ok thank you for that info and I appreciate the quick response to my request.

jbice70gmc 11-12-2011 07:34 PM

Wow that didn't take long at all. Ordered them on Thursday and received them at my door on Saturday. Thanks John

Captainfab 11-12-2011 10:39 PM

Wow,I didn't think you would get them by today since Friday was a holiday.

You're welcome....I appreciate the business, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbice70gmc (Post 5005912)
Wow that didn't take long at all. Ordered them on Thursday and received them at my door on Saturday. Thanks John

derek6787 11-24-2011 01:53 PM

Will these work on the 88-98 truck 10 bolt?