The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   " Miss Callie Mae " (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=446604)

ECU PIRATE 02-13-2011 06:57 PM

" Miss Callie Mae "

4 Attachment(s)
Not even done with one and decided to start aquiring parts for the next one. My next build is dedicated to my grandmother, Callie Mae Johnson, who passed away in March of 2009. Just struck a deal on this 77' 1/2 ton 4wd short bed frame for $ 50.00. Worked out good for me since I already have a bunch of left over pre - 80 parts on hand. This one is slated to have a big block in it. Might take more than a few years but, here we go.......................

87 chevy silverado 02-13-2011 11:48 PM

Re: " Miss Callie Mae "

good luck

zackary027 02-14-2011 12:07 AM

dont give up, it gets overwhelming

ECU PIRATE 02-16-2011 08:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more re-purposed goodies for Miss Callie Mae. I thought I was going to use some of this stuff on the Brown Hornet and some for sale but, since I have it, might as well use it...............

N2TRUX 02-16-2011 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing ECU PIRATE. You keeping those plaid seat covers? Keep us posted on your progress.

ECU PIRATE 02-17-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 4490686)
Thanks for sharing ECU PIRATE. You keeping those plaid seat covers? Keep us posted on your progress.

Haven't thought that far ahead yet but, I probably will. It seems the repo covers that they sell are either vinyl or velour. I did see a local guy here selling a roll of the plaid cloth but, I think he wanted $ 1K for it. That was about 6-8 months ago

spudz 02-17-2011 10:22 PM

One things for sure..... your starting from scratch! lol.. good luck with it! hope to see it together in a couple years.

ECU PIRATE 02-18-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudz (Post 4494070)
One things for sure..... your starting from scratch! lol.. good luck with it! hope to see it together in a couple years.

I know, but how ever long it takes me is alright with me (my wife would say something different). At least this will give my oldest daughter the opportunity to help Daddy out and learn about cars from the ground up. She is not even 3 yet but, she is already telling me that she wants a pink truck when she gets older........ Now that does make a father proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ECU PIRATE 04-09-2013 07:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Started this thread (2) years ago for another project that did not materialize. Well, found a new project cousrtesy of a local guy around my area. He gave this to me for FREE!!!!!!!!! As you see it with a title. Basically stripped out with a few rust issues (tail pan, floor pans under driver and passenger seats). He was keeping the interior that came out of the truck but, has decided to pass it along to me. The guy removed the drive train the right way so none of the harnesses have been cut. Already have a motor to drop it in it that I was going to use in my shortbed. Just need to figure it out.

I am weighing my options about converting this to 2wd of leaving it 4wd. My wife can not drive stick.

My cousin asked me why I would name my truck after my " Big Momma " who passed away (4) years ago last month. I told her that it was in her honor that I was going to build this truck the way I wanted to. It is a 90' K5 with the Scottsdale package. Currently sitting on 31" tires with a 3" body lift. Currently keeping it at work so Momma does not have to see it. Suprisingly enough, she seemed to be happy that I got it???????? Women will never cease to amaze me.................

ECU PIRATE 04-09-2013 10:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Some rust repair in my future. Well worth it just for the price of the material and my own labor

ECU PIRATE 04-09-2013 10:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another cheesy shot off an aftermarket spare tire mount that is coming off and rear floor supports/braces that need to be replaced

rollin thunder 04-09-2013 11:37 PM

Super cool you didnt give up on your dream after 2 years just changed your plans. I am excited for this build. :metal:

trout 04-11-2013 12:55 PM

hey mike its rj just to let you know thats not aftermarket spare tire brakets thats from a early 70s my 74 has those some ones becouse they puit the spares out side on the earlier models go check it out

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566914

ECU PIRATE 04-11-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trout (Post 6005128)
hey mike its rj just to let you know thats not aftermarket spare tire brakets thats from a early 70s my 74 has those some ones becouse they puit the spares out side on the earlier models go check it out

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566914

Good to know brother!!!!!!!!! That was the 1st thing to be removed this wekend when I get some play time on this one.

trout 04-11-2013 03:30 PM

Im going to remove mine to and fab somthing up to move the tire inside and on the driver side
Posted via Mobile Device

ECU PIRATE 04-22-2013 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a fiberglass cap for the ol' girl over the weekend for $ 40. I will end up spending more that what I paid for the cap for new seals but, I think it's worth it. Too many jokers in my area trying to sell caps for $ 100+. Small market up here in Northern Virignia for K5's that are not mud trucks............