The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Where is Shifty??? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=323805)

killer71 01-14-2009 05:26 PM

Where is Shifty???

been a while since i heard anything out of him!!

El Jay 01-14-2009 05:39 PM

Re: Where is Shifty???

I think I may have seen his moniker on a post a couple of days ago.

67ChevyRedneck 01-14-2009 05:47 PM

Last I heard he was super busy with being a newlywed, job, etc...

Sillyoldman 01-14-2009 05:54 PM

Actually...prison. All along I knew he was Shifty!

72freak 01-14-2009 06:43 PM

I was wondering the same thing about a week ago

Liz 01-14-2009 06:50 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ghlight=shifty

screwballl 01-14-2009 08:10 PM

I was wonder this too.... haven't seen him report in... good to hear he is doing well based on the other posts

killer71 01-14-2009 09:43 PM

Thanks Liz!

shifty 03-18-2019 08:01 PM

8+ year hiatus ... resurfaced again for some fresh air!

Glad to see the forum is still around and a good resource. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and concern for those of you still around. I hear we lost El Jay at least, not sure who else :(

Can't blink, folks. Life is an ever-thinning thread!

Stocker 03-18-2019 11:37 PM

Long time no see, Shifty! Yeah, sad to say ElJay went on to greener pastures. Several others we used to hear from a lot have gone awol. Good to see you're still around, stop in again before another 8 years!

LockDoc 03-19-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifty (Post 8489936)

Glad to see the forum is still around and a good resource. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and concern for those of you still around. I hear we lost El Jay at least, not sure who else :(

There are a few of us "old folks" still around. Good to see you back on the board.

LockDoc

special-K 03-19-2019 07:28 AM

I say you post in one of the year ranges somewhere last week and wondered if you had been posting there and I wasn't. Welcome back.

Palf70Step 03-19-2019 10:05 AM

Good to see ya pop back in. Try to make it more frequently.

GOPAPA 03-19-2019 10:39 AM

I remember you shifty ,, back from the ol days ..good to hear from you,, I understand that some times one of us from the forum come up missing for awhile and the reasons may be from a lot of thngs . and un-avoidable.. good to know you are still around..

Liz 03-19-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifty (Post 8489936)

Its good to see you ! I lost your number in a tragic phone death ;) and have missed our yearly "hey you still breathing" texts. Hope all is well.

67ChevyRedneck 03-19-2019 11:57 AM

Glad to see your back! And in a 98 Sierra as well (I did some snooping). My uncle drove the 1998 Silverado version for many years, ext cab, exact same color combo, same interior combo and color, 2wd... Great road trip truck.

cypressbog 03-19-2019 02:01 PM

Hey! A blast from the past! Welcome back!

shifty 03-19-2019 06:49 PM

Thanks for the warm sentiments y'all!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8490303)
Its good to see you ! I lost your number in a tragic phone death ;) and have missed our yearly "hey you still breathing" texts. Hope all is well.

I'll PM you with my number again - I am and have been available for roadside help (is the forum still doing that?) despite being away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8490321)
Glad to see your back! And in a 98 Sierra as well (I did some snooping). My uncle drove the 1998 Silverado version for many years, ext cab, exact same color combo, same interior combo and color, 2wd... Great road trip truck.

I love mine! Loaded SLT w/less than 90k mi + unwrecked and no cancer, but...

I talked price down a good 20% because PO let it leak water for weeks or months from all across top of windshield, 3rd brake light, a cracked body seam above driver's door corner, and the infamous cowl leaks this gen suffers from (still haven't found that one - not the typical bolt or seal over airbox nor the antenna grommit) so interior was totally shot and rotten. Fixed all leaks except cowl (beating my face on desk trying to figure it out) including replacing windshield, grand total under $150. But truck was really a mildew-fest when I picked it up although that single point helped me nego almost 20% off the ask price.

It's got a long list of issues to work through, been hacking away since last spring, in no short order of fixes/needing fixed:
  • Oil sender is busted and jumps like a tweaker
  • A/C leak I couldn't find w/dye (maybe evap or condenser?)
  • Driver door handle cracked (I have two all-steel replacements)
  • Steering box has a huge void near top/center that's driving me nuts making already loose steering aggravating
  • Brakes mushy (as usual, needs a proper flush and bleed)
  • All seats are torn so I'm hunting a new tan rear leather seat and front covers or good seats (rear passenger bracket rusted so bad it broke)
  • Passenger seat riser feet are rusted up
  • Headliner was torn, visors warped/stained, overhead console missing doors (redid all of it)
  • Dash cracked to bits, 12" square hole above radio, needs total replacement
  • Seat belts mildewed hardcore, beyond easy cleaning, probably need to salvage some
  • Missing an "oh sh*t! bar" above passenger seat window
  • Carpet is disgusting even after 3 full-on seats-out cleanings
  • Fixed some dents and scratches only a few hundred more to go (could use new paint, clear peeling all over)
  • Center console cracked and beaten to hell (I replaced with nicer one)
  • Speakers blown (added new bluetooth/hands-free unit, replaced all speakers)
  • Headlights fogged badly (need to install replacements I bought)
  • Turn signal unit ... hazards rarely work, pressing brakes locks up hazards
  • Hood release busted (I replaced)
  • Lots of interior plastics busted (I replaced)
  • Door hinge pins are in tough shape (need to replace)
  • Replaced fender trim, was banged all up
  • Range on remote suuuuucks