The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   73 Jimmy OfferUp Find (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=836924)

Vicente Aceves 08-05-2022 06:29 PM

73 Jimmy OfferUp Find

Hello. I’m not sure if there is a Post Your Craigslist Find for 73-87, but I wasn’t able to find one

Anyway, I picked up this 1973 Jimmy from OfferUp. I was told it spent a lot of years in the Southern California desert, which accounts for all the paint fading and toasted interior.

I picked it up for $7,500 which I know is a bit much considering the roughness. I justified it in my mind because it’s a running driving full convertible (and smog exempt in CA) with a clean title, solid floors and rockers.

For some reason I’m having problems adding pictures right now. I’ll try and add them in a bit

-Vinnie
Posted via Mobile Device

Thealien 08-05-2022 06:37 PM

Re: 73 Jimmy OfferUp Find

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Vicente Aceves 08-05-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thealien (Post 9109560)
Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

..I still can’t load the pictures.

Anyway the truck is still on OfferUp if you want to see the pictures. The location of Santa Ana Ca. The listing is under 1973 GMC Jimmy. It’s a badly faded orange color with white top.

This is turning into a bit of a wild goose chase. Sorry about that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Vicente Aceves 08-06-2022 03:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicente Aceves (Post 9109606)
..I still can’t load the pictures.

Anyway the truck is still on OfferUp if you want to see the pictures. The location of Santa Ana Ca. The listing is under 1973 GMC Jimmy. It’s a badly faded orange color with white top.

This is turning into a bit of a wild goose chase. Sorry about that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

HeloCrewChief 08-07-2022 08:21 AM

That was a fair deal I would say. They’re getting harder to find and I love that color. I’m considering a 74’ in worse condition for more money right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vicente Aceves 08-07-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeloCrewChief (Post 9110067)
That was a fair deal I would say. They’re getting harder to find and I love that color. I’m considering a 74’ in worse condition for more money right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the feedback. That makes me feel a little better about the whole deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

ky-donzi 08-08-2022 07:31 AM

It looks very rust free. FWIW I paid 9k for a “rust free” blazer that wasn’t rust free, and barely ran…I think you got a steal

smupser 08-08-2022 09:34 PM

You got a good deal. I bought a 74 blazer, good amount of rust, missing part of original interior, 5k. Then got a 73 jimmy, same amount of rust, missing most of original interior and engine for 3k

Vicente Aceves 08-11-2022 08:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by smupser (Post 9110684)
You got a good deal. I bought a 74 blazer, good amount of rust, missing part of original interior, 5k. Then got a 73 jimmy, same amount of rust, missing most of original interior and engine for 3k

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Can anyone tell me what these plugs are for?

It looks like they were added to the rear corners of the truck, along with a bracket wired with threads. Like the base for an antenna? If so, what type? Sorry, I’m pretty clueless about some of these things.

Also, why did they add this plug to the front of the truck. Wouldn’t this go at the rear for towing?

Thanks Vinnie
Posted via Mobile Device

Vicente Aceves 08-11-2022 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicente Aceves (Post 9111588)
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Can anyone tell me what these plugs are for?

It looks like they were added to the rear corners of the truck, along with a bracket wired with threads. Like the base for an antenna? If so, what type? Sorry, I’m pretty clueless about some of these things.

Also, why did they add this plug to the front of the truck. Wouldn’t this go at the rear for towing?

Thanks Vinnie
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry about the sideways pictures.

Here’s the front plug
Posted via Mobile Device

Vicente Aceves 08-11-2022 08:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicente Aceves (Post 9111589)
Sorry about the sideways pictures.

Here’s the front plug
Posted via Mobile Device

I’d also like to know what this finned aluminum deal is.

And here’s a picture of some sort of air horn setup.
Posted via Mobile Device

smupser 08-11-2022 09:23 PM

Looks like trailer wiring plug at front and rear. The one at the rear is just where they chose to mount it, the one at the front is probably for being towed behind an rv

Vicente Aceves 08-12-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smupser (Post 9111596)
Looks like trailer wiring plug at front and rear. The one at the rear is just where they chose to mount it, the one at the front is probably for being towed behind an rv

Sounds good. Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

MusicMan70 08-12-2022 12:58 PM

Nice Find! Is there a SPID to be found?

Vicente Aceves 08-12-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicMan70 (Post 9111746)
Nice Find! Is there a SPID to be found?

Thanks. No not yet. I haven’t had a day off work to start really cleaning it up, but just at a glance, haven’t found the SPID.

But the glovebox is there. Story of my life!
Posted via Mobile Device

Corts60 08-12-2022 08:11 PM

The finned unit looks like a battery isolator. Perhaps this was towed behind an RV and the RV would charge the battery in the jimmy. Hence the plug in the grill has more pins than the plugs in the rear.

The battery isolator would’ve enabled the battery to be charged without also being drained by the RV when the engines were off. If that makes sense.

Vicente Aceves 08-12-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corts60 (Post 9111857)
The finned unit looks like a battery isolator. Perhaps this was towed behind an RV and the RV would charge the battery in the jimmy. Hence the plug in the grill has more pins than the plugs in the rear.

The battery isolator would’ve enabled the battery to be charged without also being drained by the RV when the engines were off. If that makes sense.

Ok I think I get the idea. Thanks for the info!
Posted via Mobile Device