The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   All these lowered trucks ?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=342597)

barthmonster 05-06-2009 12:04 PM

All these lowered trucks ??

I'm not saying I don't like it, sometimes they look cool. But...

Remember in '64 the Vette came out without the 'split-window' in the back like the '63 had ?? All the '63 owners ran out and had their local bodyshop cut out the 'split' in the back window so they could be like the '64...

That's kind of what it reminds me of... Then in the 80's, they became highly sought-after if the weren't cut-up (the '63's) and everyone had their bodyman put the split back in.

Are all of you guys making trucks that will have to be raised again in 15-years ??

cdowns 05-06-2009 12:08 PM

Re: All these lowered trucks ??

i've been lowering and raking trucks over 45years never put one back to stock in that whole time:smoke:

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 12:17 PM

Spindles and springs are a heck of a lot easier than replacing a fiberglass rear window split.

Like cdowns said, people have been lowering cars/trucks for a Loooooooooooooooong time!

My truck is so far from stock I could car less about putting it back to stock.

jbristo67 05-06-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3296330)
Spindles and springs are a heck of a lot easier than replacing a fiberglass rear window split.

Like cdowns said, people have been lowering cars/trucks for a Loooooooooooooooong time!

My truck is so far from stock I could car less about putting it back to stock.

Word lol I have been lowering trucks for 12 years myself this isnt really something new

Acloud 05-06-2009 12:30 PM

The trick is to own a lowered blazer and a raised truck!! :blz:

mrein3 05-06-2009 12:36 PM

I am saying I don't like it.
IMO, I think lowered trucks look ridiculous. Again that is my opinion.
I will state that if you are going to lower a truck, a 67-72 Chevy, short wheel base, fleetside looks the best of all the lowered trucks out there.
I've seen the 73+ trucks 'in the weeds' and have to reach for the barf bag.
Then you see a 88+, extended cab and I can't reach fast enough so I have to hose the barf out from under my truck seat.
Then you see an S10 and I just laugh at the money spent to make such an ugly stance on an ugly vehicle.

But to each his own.

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrein3 (Post 3296352)
I will state that if you are going to lower a truck, a 67-72 Chevy, short wheel base, fleetside looks the best of all the lowered trucks out there.
Then you see a 88+, extended cab and I can't reach fast enough so I have to hose the barf out from under my truck seat.
Then you see an S10 and I just laugh at the money spent to make such an ugly stance on an ugly vehicle.

But to each his own.

Wow, tell us how you really feel :lol:

jbristo67 05-06-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

But to each his own.

:tms::mmmk::bsf::but::5150: I do agree on the s 10's though

67ChevyRedneck 05-06-2009 12:42 PM

^WHAT? :lol:

tcb-1 05-06-2009 12:45 PM

to each thier own. got more info on the modified Vettes?? I'd LOVE to hear more about this one......

I could care less what people think now or in 50 years. if I like my truck slammed, which I do, I will deal with the consequences. I've even modified my frame. oh now that's really scary......

lowering vehicles has been around since our service men and women came back from WW2. that's not exactly a trend.

stock, lowered, or raised. who cares as long as you like it. you are the one footing the bill.

this one could get ugly quick......

jbristo67 05-06-2009 12:45 PM

I dont know he evoked to many emotions for me lol. I guess this unemployment vacation is starting to get to me.

Acloud 05-06-2009 12:50 PM

:smoke:everyone stay calm, we can work through this, :waah: dropped, stock or raised its all important to the world.:metal:

So.Cal.Super 05-06-2009 12:55 PM

Yup it's all about what you like. I look at it like this.
2wd put it on the ground
4wd put it in the air.
:truck:

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time." - Abe Lincoln

69C-10SWB 05-06-2009 01:14 PM

:lol:
Quote:

But to each his own.

I personally like near stock height for a 2-wheel drive. Stock or lifted looks good on 4x4. With the crappy Michigan roads to low of a truck can be hard on the hemorrhoids as well as the truck itself.:lol:

magsnubby 05-06-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barthmonster (Post 3296311)
Are all of you guys making trucks that will have to be raised again in 15-years ??

No. Never. Not in this life time. At any show'll usually walk right by a stock height truck and head straight for a lowered one. Just my preference. But i won't hate on it because the owner's vision differs from mine.

Threads like this always remind me of an old small town Model A restorer i used to know. We were checking out the '29 Model A pickup he and his son were restoring and i asked him "Have you saw the Model A coupe running around town?" "Yes but it isn't an authentic restoration. It has fiberglass fenders." Now were talking a ground up resto on a basket case A that was an absolutely beautiful car. But the snob restorer put it down because it had 'glass fenders. Then he goes on to tell me "We were extremely fortunate to purchase such a nice original truck. We purchased it from a young man who was, horror of horrors, going to HOT ROD IT." I pretty much ignored him after that.

sjarrett71 05-06-2009 02:00 PM

I will lower my truck a little bit when the time comes but I can't too much. All the parking lot entrances from the street have high angles on them and I would leave metal every time I pulled off the road if I was too low. I like a truck lowered a little bit though.

72BlckButy 05-06-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcb-1 (Post 3296369)
to each thier own. got more info on the modified Vettes?? I'd LOVE to hear more about this one......

I could care less what people think now or in 50 years. if I like my truck slammed, which I do, I will deal with the consequences. I've even modified my frame. oh now that's really scary......

lowering vehicles has been around since our service men and women came back from WW2. that's not exactly a trend.

stock, lowered, or raised. who cares as long as you like it. you are the one footing the bill.

this one could get ugly quick......

I have to agree with Doug, I can appreciate anything that is done to modify a vehicle, regardless of how I truly feel about the modification. To each their own...

As long as this thread stays positive it will be able to stay open. Everyone has their own opinions, but like Doug mentioned I don't forsee lowering going away anytime soon. Heck this hobby exploded when the service men and women returned from WW2 (also mentioned by Doug). Personal preference is key.

Where would this hobby be today if they hadn't... we might be talking about customizing our sewing machines and trying to keep them running. :lol:

my67chevytruck 05-06-2009 02:21 PM

Nate, can you Sew a couple of my shirts for me..... :lol: Please use the foot operated Singer.....

72BlckButy 05-06-2009 02:27 PM

As funny as that is... we actually just picked one of those things up when I found my cooler in St Louis. I will get to work on it, just send me your shoulder width, arm leng.....

Okay back to trucks now! :D

my67chevytruck 05-06-2009 02:29 PM

all good Nate no one reads these anyway...... :metal:

72BlckButy 05-06-2009 02:34 PM

I know I'll pick up the nickname of singer, needle, thread,... oh I can hear it now.

Tx Firefighter 05-06-2009 02:42 PM

I've lowered all my trucks for 21 years now.

Just last night I ordered 500 dollars worth of parts from Early Classic for my 63 project, so it's getting lowered too. I see no end in sight.

Dynomutt 05-06-2009 02:45 PM

Does it really matter what people do with THEIR vehichles as long as they are doing something with them? Car guys/gals are all very similar but with different visions. Appreciate the time, effort and investment and don't dwell so much on whether YOU like it or not.

My .02

Bears63 05-06-2009 02:48 PM

I don't care for lowered trucks either. In my eyes they just don't look right. I guess my thought has always been if you want something to sit as low as a car and ride like a car, then buy a car.... or an El Camino. Again, that's my opinion but in the end you are allowed to do to your own vehicle whatever makes you happy. It all comes down to personal preference and usage. Considering how much back road driving I do it wouldn't make any sense to lower a truck because I would get it high centered on a rut in the road.

bw4sale 05-06-2009 02:50 PM

It doesn't matter what you do. According to the movies, we'll all be driving hover cars in a few years anyway. :)