The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   S10 S15 Luv Blazer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Cant wait for it to get nicer outside... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=276511)

corn 01-30-2008 12:08 PM

Cant wait for it to get nicer outside...

My s10 has a u joint talkin to me but Im trying to put it off until I drop it. I will change them all & the hanger bearing then too. I need to get the measurements for a trans mount & the hanger bearing mount too because I want to make spacers for the drop as well. Just sitting here, waiting for the snow to melt. Ya I know, its gonna be a while...

Mickey_D 01-30-2008 08:03 PM

Re: Cant wait for it to get nicer outside...

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2553956)
Just sitting here, waiting for the snow to melt. Ya I know, its gonna be a while...

I feel ya', bro...

http://www.boomspeed.com/bofh1968/chevy/weather1-29.JPG

corn 02-06-2008 10:34 AM

Well, its in the garage & on the stands. I crawled under it to figure out which u-joint is bad. WOW! this little truck has 5 u-joints & a hanger bearing. A little overkill for an extended cab short bed mini truck, dont you think? 4 of the 5 have grease zerks & the one that doesnt is toast. Now I need to decide if I want to go ahead & lower it while its up or just fix the knuckle & wait until spring to lower it...

corn 02-11-2008 02:50 PM

I installed a tahoe overhead console & reinstalled my windshield mirror this week. I also cut a small digital clock into the overhead & wired everything up. Ive been ignoring the lowering job but I need to get to it soon. A friend traded his truck in & the dealer wants the suspension to be stock so he is going to trade me all his drop parts for my stock parts. Too bad this didnt happen before I bought all my parts. Anyway, heres a pic or two of the overhead...

72freak 02-11-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2553956)
. Just sitting here, waiting for the snow to melt. Ya I know, its gonna be a while...

The quicker solution is a moving truck in route south or south west!!!!!!

Mickey_D 02-11-2008 10:24 PM

Definitely don't move here!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/bofh1968/Darrin/blizzard1.jpg

That's not fog nor condensation blurring the picture!! That was a full-on blizzard...

Alvin 02-12-2008 05:50 AM

I've got my rear brakes starting to squeak ever so slightly, but I just picked up camaro rear discs to swap on whenever the weather breaks :)

Also hoping to do drop spindles and 2" blocks at the same time.

Come on spring!

corn 02-12-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin (Post 2572922)
I've got my rear brakes starting to squeak ever so slightly, but I just picked up camaro rear discs to swap on whenever the weather breaks :)

Also hoping to do drop spindles and 2" blocks at the same time.

Come on spring!

I just won a tach cluster on ebay tonight! I may have some drop parts soon if you need them...

Alvin 02-13-2008 06:31 AM

I'll really only be needing drop spindles. I got a good deal on some 2" blocks last week. So if you'll have spindles, I'd like to purchase them :)

Just let me know!

corn 02-13-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin (Post 2574700)
I'll really only be needing drop spindles. I got a good deal on some 2" blocks last week. So if you'll have spindles, I'd like to purchase them :)

Just let me know!

He said he will be taking his apart this week. Ill let you know when I find out if it has springs or spindles in the front.

corn 02-13-2008 02:52 PM

I got the back end all lowered tonight. I took out one leaf & added a 3" angled block to each side. No pics. I can jump up & down on the back bumper & it will hit the bump stops. Ill have to trim them a bit. Hoping to tinker on the front some tomorrow night.

454_72_4X4 02-14-2008 03:43 AM

I hear ya on the weather! I can't wait myself!
Where ya at in IA corn? I'm in the northeast corner of MO and travel in and through IA alot during the summer months. Usually headed to SD...

corn 02-24-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 (Post 2576207)
I hear ya on the weather! I can't wait myself!
Where ya at in IA corn? I'm in the northeast corner of MO and travel in and through IA alot during the summer months. Usually headed to SD...

Im in the NW corner. Where in SD do you roam to?

454_72_4X4 02-24-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corn (Post 2593593)
Im in the NW corner. Where in SD do you roam to?

I'm a road construction worker zo I never really know where we'll be goin. LOL

Worked alot out by Mitchell on interstate 90 and spent most of last year north of Brookings and just outside of Sioux Falls. The company I work for is in Sioux City. We even got to do a little work in IA last fall too. At the Council Bluffs airport.
Few years back we paved north of LeMars. Home of the Bluebunny! LOL

Gettin a little warmer here. It was almost above freezing today!!

corn 02-24-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 (Post 2593624)
I'm a road construction worker zo I never really know where we'll be goin. LOL

Worked alot out by Mitchell on interstate 90 and spent most of last year north of Brookings and just outside of Sioux Falls. The company I work for is in Sioux City. We even got to do a little work in IA last fall too. At the Council Bluffs airport.
Few years back we paved north of LeMars. Home of the Bluebunny! LOL

Gettin a little warmer here. It was almost above freezing today!!

I live pretty close to LeMars...

ProStreet83C10 02-24-2008 09:24 PM

im in Mason City, bout 6 miles east of I-35 close to northern border of IA

68C15 02-28-2008 07:42 AM

and I am right in SF. right across the street from Sioux Valley (Sanford) Hospital to be excact.
Corn, what year is your S10? I just picked up a 96 Blazer 4x4 and have a complete charcoal interior as a spare.

corn 03-02-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68C15 (Post 2599867)
and I am right in SF. right across the street from Sioux Valley (Sanford) Hospital to be excact.
Corn, what year is your S10? I just picked up a 96 Blazer 4x4 and have a complete charcoal interior as a spare.

Mine is a '96 too. Does it have a console shift? Too bad I didnt know that, I just bought a blazer cluster last week, wanted a tach...