The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Bad PayPal experience? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560296)

travz500 01-11-2013 09:35 PM

Bad PayPal experience?

I have been using paypal for a few months now and it has worked great but I keep hearing people talk about how they wont use it and how bad it is What makes them so bad? I havent had any issues yet but I havent tried to withdraw any of my money either would like to hear about your bad ties to them if you have had one thanks
Travis

BugzC10 03-31-2013 02:18 PM

Re: Bad PayPal experience?

To me PaPal is the best secure way exchange or send money. Use it constantly, never have an issue. If a site does not have PayPal I usually won't buy from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

orngsikL 03-31-2013 03:37 PM

use it all the time. no problems here.

GASoline71 03-31-2013 05:09 PM

Been using Pay-pal as a buyer and a seller since 1999. I have never had one single problem. I even have a line of credit through Pay-pal as well. No issues at all.

Gary

dwcsr 03-31-2013 06:26 PM

The ones that have issues usually don't follow the proper complaint procedures or don't file in a timely manner or don't read the sale terms or have it sent to an unverified address do odd transactions that get their account frozen like kiting payments and moving money back and forth to quickly. I have never had paypal deny a claim or freeze my account or side with a unreasonable customer. As long as you go by their rules you'll be ok

1963c-10 04-13-2013 02:07 PM

i had an ebay seller really do me wrong and paypal was able to back me up and get my $220 returned. as mentioned above, you must follow their procedures, but as a buyer and seller using them, i have had nothing but positive experience for 5 years. money transfers take 3-5 days to my bank, and you can purchase directly from your account instantly. 2 thumbs up
Posted via Mobile Device

vidman 04-13-2013 02:28 PM

Pay-pal is fine.................But they are anti-gun...:flagw:

Tinkermc 04-17-2013 08:30 PM

I have been useing pay pal for many years now and never had a complaint.

SamsAutoParts73-87 07-26-2013 11:36 AM

Nothing but good things to say about PayPal. I had a unauthorized charge on my card in the UK (someone ordered a pizza on my dime)and within 12 hours the money was back in my account. It did take me over a month to get a new card but that was the card suppliers fault not PayPal.

-Sam

teeitup 07-26-2013 06:46 PM

I used to use them alot but since they started sending me tax forms at the end of the year, I quit using them

esbstuff 07-26-2013 08:39 PM

Most of my Paypal transactions have been good. However, I sold a motor to a guy in NC and he wanted it shipped to his work instead of his home. I said 'no problem' ( BIG opps! ) Since his work was not his 'confirmed' address when he decided he didn't want it the motor (ie he sent me back his blown up, tore apart one) Paypal gave him the money back... I couldn't fight it because I hadn't because I didn't send the motor to his home 'confirmed' address.

Since then I only take Paypal on small purchases or as a deposit on larger ones. I also always send the items to 'confirmed' addresses only. If the buyer wants the item redirected somewhere else, that all on them.

dwcsr 07-26-2013 09:41 PM

Good point and don't ever make a substitution of an item or add or subtract items from the sale even when the customer requests it. The item has to sell as listed.

rstewart09 07-31-2013 03:22 PM

I once bought 2 things from the same seller a day apart. I received one of them but never got the other. Filed a claim with paypal and the seller sent them the shipping info for the item I received and they found in his favor. Many emails explaining it was a different transaction got me no where. I finally gave up as it was only a $10 item but still pi$$ed me off.