The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Memories and Oil Change Stickers (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=851809)

BanjoDude 04-04-2024 09:17 PM

Memories and Oil Change Stickers

5 Attachment(s)
I needed some oil change reminder stickers, and discovered that I could create my own on Amazon for a few bucks. As I sat at the computer in the shop thinking about what to put on them, I glanced over and saw Grandpa's Easy St. sign hanging above my window. He was an auto mechanic for almost 50 years, and I miss him terribly. I think he would approve of these little stickers, and I can now think of him every time I get in any vehicle I own. 🙂

And just for fun, I also included a picture of his truck. He bought it from the man that owned the dealership and drove it almost 150K miles as his service truck. He sold it when I was 17, and after being out of the family for more than two decades, I was able to track it down and get it back. It'll never leave the family again.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I thought the fine folks here might appreciate this little tribute to a life well lived.

CG 04-04-2024 09:29 PM

Re: Memories and Oil Change Stickers

Good memories for you!

Care to share where on Amazon you had the stickers made, I bet others might be interested.

BanjoDude 04-04-2024 09:38 PM

Of course. I should have thought to do that. Here's a link:

Custom Oil Change Stickers with Your Business Name Online Design - Personalized Oil Change Stickers for Windshield 2 Inches, Next Service Due (50-10000 Stickers)

https://a.co/d/1DWqlR0

Ironhorse 04-04-2024 09:43 PM

BanjoDude, I'd click on the "like" button if we had such so will just say I LIKE that idea. Would be interested in the Amazon thing if you would like to share.

While not as fancy I use something similar but a bit more OLD SCHOOL. We had an actual "service station" close up many years ago and they used the little paper slips showing date of service, oil weight, mileage at service, air filter changed, etc. I used a copier at work (back when I was still working, lol) and made a few blank sheets with 12 oil service change slips per page. Have been erasing and remarking in pencil as needed when needed. Have several of the little plastic oil change slip holders I've picked up at swap meets and garage sales I mount to the dash of each vehicle with 3M double sided tape. Will post up a pic tomorrow of what I use. 5 vehicles is too many numbers for me to remember as needed, :lol:

Nice looking truck, don't let that one go out of the family again.

tim_mc 04-05-2024 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for sharing - great story and great idea! I found a vintage American Oil Motor Club decal that reminded me of when I was a kid, riding along in Dad's '71 dark green C10 to the local Standard gas station where we would get a free piece of bubble gum. It seemed fitting to place it on the rear window.

LT7A 04-05-2024 09:00 AM

Everything about this is cool. Thank you for telling us about it, showing the sticker, telling the story with the article, and a picture of the truck. A great American story and representation of that generation. Literally had a shop on Easy Street. How cool!

dagnabbitt 04-05-2024 09:16 AM

That is a great story, it kind of made my day.

KQQL IT 04-06-2024 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great memories.
Cool truck.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
We have pops 68 that was sold in 86 got it back in 2017

These stories are great.

special-K 04-07-2024 10:56 AM

I missed this until now. Great story and what a cool idea. I came up with a pack of Pennzoil paper door jamb lube service stickers somewhere that I have. I doubt I'll ever use them because they always wrinkle up and are a mess to remove. Plastic would be cool. My farmer John method has been a strip of duct tape on top of the core support marked with a sharpie

Ironhorse 04-07-2024 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Didn't get the pic taken and posted "tomorrow" as I posted that on 4-3 but here it is on 4-7. Bit hard to read but the oil change slip says
"Harley's 66"
620 South "G"
326-9364 Wellington, Ks.

Station went out of business years ago after Harley retired, now it's a tobacco and smoke shop. Plastic paper slip holder shows a vehicle with the hood up on both sides and " SPOT<>CHECK " in the center. Picked them up years ago from a couple local salvage yards where they were mounted to the dash. Did find one at a garage sale once for a whole quarter. Have one in each vehicle with maintenance info written on the back of each, mounted with thin double back tape. Makes a handy reference.:chevy:

guyryan100 04-15-2024 08:54 PM

What a creative way to keep the truck connected to his story. Thank you for sharing this!