The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   how about a "SHINY" shop truck ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=304944)

19673ontree 08-31-2008 09:43 AM

how about a "SHINY" shop truck ?

I am thinking about doing something different with my 67 , it is currently all stock and I like it but I like the look of the shop truck's , I don't want to do anything that I could not UNDO later , here is what I have in mind ,

#1 door sign's (already have the theme and designed them just waiting on approval)
#2 lower it 4"rear 2"front
#3 paint the wheel's red no hubcap's with accorn style stainless lugnut's
#4 few other MISC decal's some mooneye's ? here and there

thinking about this pretty hard what do you guy's think ??

I have my 67 RS camaro all original and the 67 C10 is all original so it may be refreshing to have a hotrod custom type for a while ,

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...9&d=1195418765

N2TRUX 08-31-2008 10:34 AM

Re: how about a "SHINY" shop truck ?

I think it would look good, but I also feel it's getting played out. If it were my truck and I wanted a fresh look, I would definitaly lower it a bit.

I think the red wheel thing has run it course too, so go why not go with black wheels, wider white walls and chrome spiders or baby moons.

ratrod67 08-31-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 2870472)
I think it would look good, but I also feel it's getting played out. If it were my truck and I wanted a fresh look, I would definitaly lower it a bit.

I think the red wheel thing has run it course too, so go why not go with black wheels, wider white walls and chrome spiders or baby moons.

x2

You could even lower it and run a set of vintage style mags. Your truck is super nice. I wouldn't add a bunch of cheesy stuff to it.

PanelDeland 08-31-2008 11:01 AM

Looks like those 2 are done.So why not build a hot rod?I mean with the way those came out it seems like you should be able to build a nice one.That way you wouldn't have to molest your previous work.

big_al_71 08-31-2008 11:08 AM

I would lower it, put some bad ass wheels and be done!!!!
the other stuff is all played in my opinion...

19673ontree 08-31-2008 11:10 AM

thank's for the replie's keep u'm coming , I am just thinking about this right now and have not even started to do anything yet , and yes I could build another vehicle but I don't have any room for another one and two to take care of is enough , both my 67 truck and my 67 camaro are done in the sense that they are ready to go but I like a project once in a while , I alway's used to build soemthing every year but have not had time the last couple of year's , my camaro was finished in 02 and I built the 67 truck in 06 and have not touched either one since other than service oil change's and stuff like that ,,

I am going to drive my 67 camaro down to pigeon forge tenn. this week on the 4th and stay till the 7th for the shades rod run , will be plenty of stuff to spark the imagination down there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Riveted1 08-31-2008 11:32 AM

Well, since you asked, I would leave it alone. I'm all for custom this, and custom that, but you have a nice stock truck, and those are getting rare these days. If you absolutely MUST do something, I agree w/the others. Some mild altitude adjustment and maybe some different wheels or caps, but no stickers or door paint. That would cheapen the look of YOUR truck IMHO.

67dragtruck 08-31-2008 11:38 AM

I agree that it's a cool look, but your truck is sooo nice, I don't think I'd do it. It's perfect for the ones with messed up paint, but yours looks terrific. Lower it and put some wheels on it.

Tom

ksjh1316 08-31-2008 11:41 AM

:agree: Your truck is too sweet to do that to maybe a little drop with some different rims? Or pick up a beater and just have a blast with it it doesn't need to be garaged will help with the look drop in a 502 and drive the snot out of it with the shop look

desertrat 08-31-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 2870472)

x3

How about taking a good side picture of you're truck and let us play with it in the photoshop forum? Then you can decide (or we can decide for you ;) ) what looks better.

67 cst swb 08-31-2008 11:56 AM

If I owned your truck, I would lower it the 2"/4", put some wheels of your choice on it (garage the current wheels) and enjoy the truck. the shop tuck thing is kinda old/over done/better on worn-out looking trucks...
If given the option... I would drive your truck as is, way before any "shop truck" ever.
Don't get me wrong, I think the shop truck think is kinda cool, I'm thinking of splattering something on my rusty/running/parts donor truck... but, its just because it's there... and not nice looking.
Your truck is the truck most other trucks dream to be. Don't cheap'n the truck by putting it in the "pulled from a field and slapped together" class.

When your truck pulls up next to a "shop truck", I'm bettin' their oil sinks lower in the pan and they lose some air in their tires... if you know what I mean.

jay-dawg 08-31-2008 12:02 PM

leave it as is. too nice to mess up. maybe a small drop. it's timeless!

Brad 08-31-2008 12:16 PM

It's interesting to see your vehicle combination. I've got a '68 and a '68!:D

19673ontree 08-31-2008 01:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is some pics to play with , somone ? don't remember who did a SLAMMED photo shop of it a while back , here is a side shot if somone would lower it SLIGHTLY I don't want it SLAMMED , you know the idea of another truck to work on is appealing but talking my wife into it is another matter !!
how can I explain to her that I have a 1967 RS 327 camaro and a 67 C10 short bed and now I really need another 67 68 short bed to work on !!!

I mean if you think about it how can I even survive without another truck to work on ?

and as mentioned above I know that the current look of my truck will never go out of style and don't worry if I do change wheel's or something these stock one's will be wrapped in newspaper and stacked in the closet for safe keeping ,,,,,,,, a second truck sound's good ,,,,,,,,,,,,hummmm,,,,,,,

19673ontree 08-31-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 2870625)
It's interesting to see your vehicle combination. I've got a '68 and a '68!:D

yea and just sitting here thinking and get this my name is Brad too !

original_balzer 08-31-2008 02:06 PM

I say do what you want its your truck. I have to disagree with the majority though. Seams the "shop truck" theme has to be old and rusty and worn. I say why not do a shop truck just like you would have seen in 1967 instead of the 40 years later.

Heres what I would do with your truck if it was mine. Plan out the shop truck you want lower it a little THEN rather than paint the shop logo and add the stickers have them done on the pliable magnet material. That way you could rock the shop truck or take it off.

The wheels! I realy dont like the big wheel trend. Some of the 60's style mag wheels would look right. Even some craigars would fit the look. Steelies with any of the 60's style hub caps, baby moons, spiders ect. Or even some silver vette rallies with caps.

desertrat 08-31-2008 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one attempt.

lowered, smaller tires, moons.....

SCOTI 08-31-2008 02:58 PM

Do whatever you like. A painted door logo for a 'shiny' shop truck theme would look good, especially combined w/a mild drop (4/6 preferred). If/when you grow tired of the look, I bet you could make it look stock again. It seems like I remember once upon a time your truck used to be old & a different color. If you have the skill to get it done once, re-doing part of it shouldn't be an issue.

Building another truck & keeping it as a beater might be even more fun. No worries about having to keep it super clean. Minimal polishing if any. Keep it simple & mild then drive the snot out of it.

Enjoy 'em, which ever way you choose . . ....

clay68c10 08-31-2008 03:00 PM

A little drop, like 2/4ish, and some 15-17" wheels. Like maybe Cragar 390's.
http://www.cragarwheel.com/catalogs_390.html#

Longhorn Man 08-31-2008 03:32 PM

personally, I think a mild drop, some nice timeless wheels, and replace the white stuff up front with chrome.
Other than that.... I think it is downright perfect.

Get a 67 burb to play with!

67 cst swb 08-31-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Man (Post 2870895)
personally, I think a mild drop, some nice timeless wheels, and replace the white stuff up front with chrome.
Other than that.... I think it is downright perfect.

Said perfectly.... But I also agree. It's your truck do what excites you.

...... but a 2nd truck to work on sounds fun doesn't it...?

desertrat 08-31-2008 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How's this for "shiny", turned out looking almost chrome

CG 08-31-2008 05:31 PM

To me if you're thinking about changing it up you must not be totally happy with it. Maybe the build is a big part of it for you. How bout selling it and build something you don't want to change when its finished.

I love both your rides and wouldn't change a thing on either of em.

19673ontree 08-31-2008 05:40 PM

someone mentioned I may not be happy with the truck ? I am happy with it but I have alway's had this GOTA BE BUILDING SOMETHING bug that never really go's away and I look at all the shop truck's around and sort of like it !!
nice photo shop wok !!
thank's a lot ,, I will post up if I do something to the truck ,,,,,,,,,

thirdstreettito 08-31-2008 05:44 PM

Good idea, I would go with it if I was you!