The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   If ordering door glass from LMC beware (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=772209)

72farmer 09-28-2018 07:19 AM

If ordering door glass from LMC beware

I have a 71 and a 87 square body that I ordered door glass for. Both of them the glass were quite a bit thicker than originals. I installed the 71 before I noticed it. It is very hard to roll up and down now. I sent the one back for the 87. Just saying it may save you some grief.

Getter-Done 09-28-2018 11:12 AM

Re: If ordering door glass from LMC beware

That’s good that you let everybody know.
There needs to be a thread for bad LMc parts. It would be a big list.:lol:

72farmer 09-28-2018 01:27 PM

Got a kick out of that "Big List" but you are right.

Grumpy old man 09-28-2018 02:29 PM

Just go to your local glass shop and buy what you need there , No shipping costs , No return problems just buy it ,install it and your done . Every glass shop in America can have what you need in a day . NOT everything needs to be delivered to your door by UPS or purchased from a vendor .Just pick up your phone and call your local glass shop just like we did BEFORE the internet . :smoke:

ho70 09-28-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8353243)
Just go to your local glass shop and buy what you need there , No shipping costs , No return problems just buy it ,install it and your done . Every glass shop in America can have what you need in a day . NOT everything needs to be delivered to your door by UPS or purchased from a vendor .Just pick up your phone and call your local glass shop just like we did BEFORE the internet . :smoke:

Yup.....I paid waay too much for stuff from yearone years ago and found what I needed at a local parts place.

Getter-Done 09-28-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8353243)

I agree ☝️
Bluegrass glass and mirror in Lebanon will be installing all my glass
Posted via Mobile Device

Coley 09-28-2018 06:41 PM

...what the parts aren't right or don't fit?.....sounds like another average day at LCM, lol.

Harleys 4 You 09-28-2018 08:23 PM

LMC doesn't make most of the parts they sell. They get them from the same place all of the other vendors get their parts. You can buy new old-stock parts for way too much money (if you can find them) or you can restore the wore-out, rusted parts you have. We are lucky to have these aftermarket places to buy these parts from. I don't see the need to bad mouth LMC for making parts they don't even make.

rockyrivermark 09-28-2018 08:48 PM

I get that LMC doesn't make their parts but they sell the lowest grade parts available.
Everything I got from them was garbage.

saxart 09-28-2018 08:52 PM

This thread could be called "If ordering from LMC beware". :lol::lol::lol:

Clyde65 09-30-2018 08:45 PM

LMC has been this way since the late 80’s.