The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   what ever hapened to that member who.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=179919)

Longhorn Man 11-13-2005 02:52 PM

what ever hapened to that member who....

About a year ago..maybe more, a younger member was sitting at a stop light in a turning lane IIRC, was waiting for the light to chainge, had his truck un neutral (4 speed) and was rear ended at a high rate of speed. The guy who hit him was screaming and yellin about how the brake lights weren't on and how he was going to file charges against our guy...:blah: :blah: :blah:
Anyone remember who that was... or the outcome of the story?
I pretty much know the jerk didn't have a leg to stand on, but I love hearing loud mouthes get theres handed to them. :metal::Own:

So....anyone know whom it is I am thinking of?

llegos 11-13-2005 02:54 PM

Re: what ever hapened to that member who....

obviously since im new, i dont remember it, but brake lights or not, you should be able to tell if someone is moving or not. Plus, he could always make the argument that he was just taking off and was going like 5MPH.

onetoncrewcab 11-13-2005 03:05 PM

wow andy, I don't remember this story either. It may have happened what I was gone to a guard camp or something too.
Mike

Longhorn Man 11-13-2005 03:06 PM

God, please don't tell me this is a figment of my imagination.... I can normally tell reality from the voices. ;) (J/K)

llegos 11-13-2005 03:08 PM

lol

chevy_fatman 11-13-2005 03:19 PM

Wasn't he from Kali? I rememeber the story, vaguely, so rest assured is not a figment of your imagination :rolleyes: I think the other guy was driving a compact ricemobile.
Sorry I can't remember the board member name; :(

Longhorn Man 11-14-2005 11:33 PM

bump

big blue 72 11-14-2005 11:38 PM

nothin' here, and i usually i'm usually lurking.

Liz 11-14-2005 11:46 PM

sounds familiar, can not recall whom tho

Longhorn Man 11-14-2005 11:46 PM

Yeah but yer old though. ;) Can't expect you to remember something that far back!

Longhorn Man 11-14-2005 11:47 PM

(that was for blue, not Liz)

Liz 11-14-2005 11:51 PM

dang you are lucky youngin ;) :lol:

Longhorn Man 11-15-2005 06:32 AM

You should know by now Liz... I would never say that about you.

86swb 11-15-2005 09:50 AM

If I have not learned anything in my life time I have learned one thing for sure. You do not talk about a womans age or weight. Good thing you caught that Andy.;)

rambler 11-15-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
God, please don't tell me this is a figment of my imagination.... I can normally tell reality from the voices. ;) (J/K)

I always thought Longhorn Man was a figment of my imagination.. or just a bad dream... :lol:

Liz 11-15-2005 12:19 PM

What a dream that would be ;) some dope smokin old man being chased down by pizza yeilding psychos lecturing on how to blow up a caddy motor

truckdude239 11-15-2005 01:38 PM

sounds like something i do all the timew sit at an stop light in neutral lol haven't been hit yet but i'd like to knopw the out come of the story

Rod 11-15-2005 02:23 PM

I got hit once at a stop sign...in reverse by a guy....I was on my Harley and he backed into me and knocked me over as I was stopped already and had been sitting waiting for him to go. I told the guy my $200 deductible or call an ambulance, and it wasn't for me. I got paid. True story.

shelby987 11-15-2005 02:46 PM

Something tells me in the battle of rice vs. my diamond plate step bumper.....my truck would make it out a whole lot better than the other guy.....actually looking to replace the bumper....this might make for an interesting experiment :lol:

Longhorn Man 11-15-2005 04:26 PM

Ouch liz..very ouch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
What a dream that would be ;) some dope smokin old man being chased down by pizza yeilding psychos lecturing on how to blow up a caddy motor

Liz 11-15-2005 04:40 PM

I'm sorry :( I wasn't tryin to hate.. I was thinking about how dreams take real life things and mess with them to form that odd nightly entertainment :D I'll shush now :(

LUV2XCLR8 11-15-2005 05:25 PM

I can't remember this story either, 2003 maybe ? (b4me)

knsmodels 11-15-2005 05:35 PM

If often wondered how rice would mix with my rear C-channel....lol

rambler 11-15-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz

Now my kids will argue, but to me 40 isn't old.. (even though I am balding) :whine: and I may have "allegledly" sampled as a young man, I never inhaled! :lol: I've had some very vivid dreams,,, and none of them have really involved longhornman but liz,,,, you are a differnt story.. :cool:

ChevLoRay 11-15-2005 07:17 PM

A friend of mine, who is a bit older, had a nearly new '53 Plymouth when he was in the USAF. He was home on leave, and had just backed out of a parking place (angle parking) when the owner of the local Pontiac dealership rounded the corner and rear-ended him. My friend got a ticket for something that the police invented on the spot. He got a call from a lawyer, whose office was on the opposite side of the street and who had witnessed the whole event, and it was on!! A call to the owner of the dealership resulted in my friend getting his car fixed and the ticket was voided.

If you are rear-ended by another vehicle, AND your vehicle is "square" with the traffic....whether or not your foot is on the brake.....whether or not you may have just stopped or just started.....getting hit from the back is simply called "Following too closely with an accident" in Arkansas. But, the catch-all ticket is now called, "Failure to maintain control (of your vehicle)". My younger brother, in an attempt to avoid hitting a Coca-Cola tractor/trailer rig that was in his lane, hit the brakes and turned sideways, putting the right side of his truck parallel with the front bumper of the tractor, which had swung into his lane to make a right turn from a side street. Saved his life. The State Police issued my bro a ticket for "failure to maintain control". It went to court. The judge didn't buy the logic for the ticket, but said it had to stand. It didn't matter that the other vehicle was in the wrong lane. It seems that we are supposed to anticipate anything that another driver can possibly do, and take steps to avoid them, in order to "maintain control".

Reminds me of the story about a man who had a head-on collision with a womon who was driving the wrong way on a one-way street. When the police arrived, the man said it was his fault, not the lady. When the policeman asked how that could be, the man said, "I saw her coming for two blocks. I could have turned onto another street, but I didn't. So, it's my fault."